ADVERTISEMENT

Darwin Hinshaw and Addison Williams

AuburnLegacy_1

Silver Knight
Feb 4, 2022
Those two coordinators need to get their act together. Hinshaw made some real head scratching calls at inopportune times. Addison Williams' defense gave up 44 points. It is hard to outscore people when you give up that many points. Thanks to Hinshaw, UCF managed fewer than 150 yards rushing. And Addison's defense gave up over 250 yards rushing to a backup running back. If these guys cannot fix the problems Gus will take over play calling and find another defensive coordinator (currently on the staff).

I apologize in advance this post. I just wanted to see how ridiculous and stupid it sounded when I read it out loud.

Those two coordinators need to get their act together. Hinshaw made some real head scratching calls at inopportune times. Addison Williams' defense gave up 44 points. It is hard to outscore people when you give up that many points. Thanks to Hinshaw, UCF managed fewer than 150 yards rushing. And Addison's defense gave up over 250 yards rushing to a backup running back. If these guys cannot fix the problems Gus will take over play calling and find another defensive coordinator (currently on the staff).

I apologize in advance this post. I just wanted to see how ridiculous and stupid it sounded when I read it out loud.
This might be a stretch but some of this might also have had to do with the other team.

Last edited:
This makes Addison look bad

No it doesn't, This is a naive take.

Look up how many 25+ yard completions they had on us. Literally 0. How many times has K State done that since 2000?

Oh nooo, they had none, haven't seen that since 2000, makes K State offensive coordinator look so bad .... it's such a naive take to make some sort of headline

Last edited:
No it doesn't, This is a naive take.

Look up how many 25+ yard completions they had on us. Literally 0. How many times has K State done that since 2000?

Oh nooo, they had none, haven't seen that since 2000, makes K State offensive coordinator look so bad .... it's such a naive take to make some sort of headline
Their longest pass was 24 yards...to the RB, so it was probably a short pass and he broke some tackles. Second longest pass was 22 yards to the TE. The longest reception from one of their WRs was 16 yards.

As has been said ad nauseum, they just beat us up.

So it's great that we didn't give up a long pass, yet the most 1st down since 2000? I mean all you need is 10, so I guess stopping a 20 yard pass is great as long as you give up 10. Seems both thoughts are naive.

1). John Walker should be a starter and on the field as Much as possible
2). Why do we keep recruiting TE’s when we dont use them very often? The middle of the field was open all game and we never threw crossing routes or TE outlet passes.
3) every offensive play for K-State was a Handoff to the RB, a hitch or an outlet pass to the RB or TE. Everyone watching saw it EXCEPT OUR DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR AND PLAYERS.
4). It’s very obvious which offensive plays are called by Hinshaw (which were good calls) and which were called by Malzahn. Trick plays, end-around runs, wildknight, etc are old school, predictable, boring High School offensive calls.
5). We will not have a STOUT defense until we hire a true defensive coordinator with experience and proven developmental success. WE HAD to take what we could afford which was an internal promotion with no resume. Currently, our defensive unit is playing based off of pure athletic ability of the players and nothing else.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
1). John Walker should be a starter and on the field as Much as possible
2). Why do we keep recruiting TE’s when we dont use them very often? The middle of the field was open all game and we never threw crossing routes or TE outlet passes.
5). We will not have a STOUT defense until we hire a true defensive coordinator with experience and proven developmental success. WE HAD to take what we could afford which was an internal promotion with no resume. Currently, our defensive unit is playing based off of pure athletic ability of the players and nothing else.
Walker is everything he was advertised to be. So rare to see one of these 'croots actually live up to the hype so early.

We haven't had consistent TE pass-catching since Frost. But I have hopes for Pittman. I assume Holler was injured in order for Pittman to get the start? I must have missed the news on him. Either way he already looks stout and athletic, he can be a beast as he grows up.

TBH I don't think the Defense was all that atrocious until later in the game when things just kind of went to sh1t altogether. And this league already has that reputation of all offense, no defense. I would bet we had them in more 3rd and 4th down situations than everyone wearing purple that night expected to be in.

Something else is our Defense seemed to hold KSU to longer drives, and then when we scored on offense we'd score quickly. The Defense started to look gassed pretty early as a result.

Reactions: Nautiknight
I was being facetious. I was poking fun at the notion of laying any blame on Hinshaw or Williams. But yes, K-State, whether anyone wants to give it credit, is a damn good football team. Not a "mid."
My gosh their player size was like NFL!!! They were just bigger and better Athletes! Hopefully we can recruit to this level in a few years. Well you know how the second half goes of two unevenly matched teams. The starters run out of juice on the lesser team and the beating starts.

Reactions: AuburnLegacy_1
Walker is everything he was advertised to be. So rare to see one of these 'croots actually live up to the hype so early.

We haven't had consistent TE pass-catching since Frost. But I have hopes for Pittman. I assume Holler was injured in order for Pittman to get the start? I must have missed the news on him. Either way he already looks stout and athletic, he can be a beast as he grows up.

TBH I don't think the Defense was all that atrocious until later in the game when things just kind of went to sh1t altogether. And this league already has that reputation of all offense, no defense. I would bet we had them in more 3rd and 4th down situations than everyone wearing purple that night expected to be in.

Something else is our Defense seemed to hold KSU to longer drives, and then when we scored on offense we'd score quickly. The Defense started to look gassed pretty early as a result.
Well you know how the second half goes of two unevenly matched teams. The starters run out of juice on the lesser team and the beating starts in the second half....unfortunately.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT