ADVERTISEMENT

Death of the Salad Bar... the truth no one is talking about

ReturnOf

Bronze Knight
Jan 6, 2008
Somewhere lost in the COVID pandemic and Sahara dust storm, salad bars throughout these United States of Merica are getting the chop ;).

Gone are the ladles and spoons touched from multiple people, patrons coughing and sneezing all around, and touching the lettuce or bread then putting it back.

So far, Sweet Tomato's has closed down indefintely, Jasons Deli near Baldwin Park is gone and Whole Foods is no longer offering cold or hot bars.

Has humanity gone mad!! Don't they understand how much I cherish these viral petri dishes?

It's just not fair...

Somewhere lost in the COVID pandemic and Sahara dust storm, salad bars throughout these United States of Merica are getting the chop ;).

Gone are the ladles and spoons touched from multiple people, patrons coughing and sneezing all around, and touching the lettuce or bread then putting it back.

So far, Sweet Tomato's has closed down indefintely, Jasons Deli near Baldwin Park is gone and Whole Foods is no longer offering cold or hot bars.

Has humanity gone mad!! Don't they understand how much I cherish these viral petri dishes?

It's just not fair...
RIP Golden Corral. My grandfather loved GC. He used to say, "everybody can get whatever they want." They're using this virus hoax to take my heritage away.

I went to Sweet Tomatoes once, but left after seeing an employee drag a grey rag through the food while wiping up the salad buffet. I mean I’m sure every restaurant is doing shady shit in the back. But nobody wants to see it.

It's not the death, it's more like hibernation until COVID fades away. When I drive to Orlando I come down 26 t 95. Sometimes I just want a salad for lunch and I will stop into Ruby Tuesday's either in Savannah or maybe Kings Bay to get a salad. Nope , gone.

What they should do is give you disposable nitrile gloves when you get your plate or Witt every plate you get gloves and problem solved. The touchless bacon dispenser is a great idea.

the Vegas Buffets are the only ones that I would have nostalgia for if they permanently go away

Happy!!!! Missed seeing your interjections the past several weeks. Where u been?
He was in line for the Orange County Convention Center- COVID testing line. Sadly, every time he got there they had run out of their allotment

It's just not fair...
I quit eating at those years ago. I watched people do way too much garbage to eat at a salad bar or buffet. Right now I don't even go into restaurants to eat. I do carry out or drive thru only. Every person needs to make decisions that make sense for them. I turn 65 later this month, I still work, but do social distancing as much as possible, I wear a mask if going into public buildings, and try to allow for a safe place while inside those buildings.

Reactions: Knight Strength
the Vegas Buffets are the only ones that I would have nostalgia for if they permanently go away
Hail to the Paris breakfast buffet!!!! Admittedly, it was better around 2000 when the place first opened and people weren't on to it. Over time it became over-priced and over-crowded.

This is the exact opposite of what we need! Fed and state governments need to subsidize salad bars to STRENGTHEN our immune systems! Every KFC needs a buffet! Is CiCi's Pizza still around? Bring them back! LFG America!

Reactions: Drew-C-F
No more buffets on cruises too is a rumor going round. They say that only the staff will be able to load up plates and bring them to tables. I'll just wait until 2021 and after the vaccine becomes available when hopefully people will relax.

This really sucks for us fat guys, a salad bar was the only place I could consume thousands of calories but still claim to be on a diet.

What's sad is that hugs, handshakes and other common physicalities are going to disappear for a long, long time. People's psychologies are changing tremendously right now on a vast social plane. And I find that sad.

It's going to take years for the US culture to recover from these combined events.

What's sad is that hugs, handshakes and other common physicalities are going to disappear for a long, long time. People's psychologies are changing tremendously right now on a vast social plane. And I find that sad.

It's going to take years for the US culture to recover from these combined events.

good riddance to handshakes, time to adopt the bow!

Reactions: Stetson_1883

Why is the culture going to take so long to recover?

not sure I agree with that. if the majority of the population eventually gets vaccinated I think people are going to go crazy next year with affection

Reactions: Stetson_1883
It's not the death, it's more like hibernation until COVID fades away. When I drive to Orlando I come down 26 t 95. Sometimes I just want a salad for lunch and I will stop into Ruby Tuesday's either in Savannah or maybe Kings Bay to get a salad. Nope , gone.

What they should do is give you disposable nitrile gloves when you get your plate or Witt every plate you get gloves and problem solved. The touchless bacon dispenser is a great idea.

And don't forget a mask. Gloves and mask to use a salad bar. A small price to pay to continue the tradition.

I stopped going to buffets regularly a long time ago. Didn't want to cross 250 lbs. weight and balloon up to 300 lbs. I still shake hands but use hand wash ALOT. Hugs are done with no breathing in other one's face. It is what is is and I am who I am. Some may think I ought to get into that student party betting pool where they compete to get Covid first in Alabama.

This guy below is already talking about the next epidemic (H1N1). ^@#$ him and CNN (the communist news network) ! This is not the new way of living, being paranoid all the time for me. Many people my age are getting the disease and moving through it. We've learned a lot at this point, thank God. If your older stay active and take vitamins which is good advice for anybody.

gettyimages-1223643231-d82f9b3003611dc90c9bfa85a4a5f1d8e55f1152-s800-c85.jpg

Reactions: Drew-C-F
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT