ADVERTISEMENT

DeQuinton Osborne decommits

These are especially tough because you have to go to Texas, Arizona and California, not like heading back down to south Florida to find a few more athletes.
yeah and he's only doing that bc of time constraints with this class so he's using his Texas & California contacts.

I expect a full calendar year of constant contact with mostly FL athletes on D for the next recruiting cycle, they already offered about the whole American Heritage HS team for '17[laughing]

Last edited:
He only had 2 years left (CC) and was short in the middle (6' height) for DL, correct?

We have others coming on board and Anderson returning.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
He only had 2 years left (CC) and was short in the middle (6' height) for DL, correct?

We have others coming on board and Anderson returning.

Yes.. I'm not big on 2 years left and the height thing. Usually a 300 pounder lacks quickness and the ability to knock down passes which happens more often than one would think. The 300 lbs is spread out over "only 6 feet." i think that Warren Sapp was on the shorter side, but it's the exception rather than the rule.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Yes.. I'm not big on 2 years left and the height thing. Usually a 300 pounder lacks quickness and the ability to knock down passes which happens more often than one would think. The 300 lbs is spread out over "only 6 feet." i think that Warren Sapp was on the shorter side, but it's the exception rather than the rule.
this 6'5" DT is visiting this final weekend
http://247sports.com/Player/DJ-Davidson-80150

Reactions: Ucfmikes
He has 1 year of eligibility left if he recovers from his knee injury. I haven't heard that he's not coming back.
Wasn't he a 5th year senior in 2015? I'm pretty sure he had already used his red shirt. I think that means he would have to get a medical waiver to come back for a 6th year. Maybe he's getting one, but I didn't think that was an automatic thing. He was listed on the 2015 roster, but the UCF site has updated that and removed all 2015 seniors, and he's no longer on the roster.

I also noticed that Tony Guerad, who was a redshirt sophomore last season, is not on the roster. If he's gone the defensive line depth is really in trouble, because that would mean they lost Niles, Anderson, McDowdell and Guerad.

Wasn't he a 5th year senior in 2015? I'm pretty sure he had already used his red shirt. I think that means he would have to get a medical waiver to come back for a 6th year. Maybe he's getting one, but I didn't think that was an automatic thing. He was listed on the 2015 roster, but the UCF site has updated that and removed all 2015 seniors, and he's no longer on the roster.

I also noticed that Tony Guerad, who was a redshirt sophomore last season, is not on the roster. If he's gone the defensive line depth is really in trouble, because that would mean they lost Niles, Anderson, McDowdell and Guerad.

You are correct. I assumed that he was going to get a medical waiver.
However, I'm not sure what the status of that was or if he even applied.

Tony Guerad quit the team. Maybe it was because he couldn't handle all of the losing. That's what I heard, but I have no facts to support that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT