ADVERTISEMENT

DeSantis

Crazyhole

Todd's Tiki Bar
Jun 4, 2004
Just curious what the feel around the state of Florida is regarding him. He seems wildly popular around the United States at this point and seems like a clear front runner for POTUS in 2024.

I saw this and it strikes me as the kind of messaging that successful campaigns are built on:

I think the frontrunners 3+ years out are rarely the candidates and the GOP establishment will just force-feed us the same old retread candidates.

Reactions: ElprofesorJuan
I think the frontrunners 3+ years out are rarely the candidates and the GOP establishment will just force-feed us the same old retread candidates.
Don't you think they are smart enough to know they can't win without the Trump voters? He won't run, but they're going to have to put someone forth that didn't alienate his base. Those people don't have short memories.

DeSantis right now would likely be the #2 candidate behind the Orange man in Republican party. That said it is way to early to predict anything. 3 years is an eternity in politics.

Reactions: ElprofesorJuan
Huh? The GOP has made itself crystal clear that it still wants to be Trump's Party.

Nobody held him accountable for his insurrectionist bullshit so he'll spend the next four years holding MAGA revival meetings all across the country where he'll bash and weed out all the Republicans who acted responsibly after Trump lost and go for a 'leaner and meaner' base when he runs again in 2024.

Just what you guys wanted. Yay Team Trump, right? The only way Trump doesn't win in a landslide in 2024 is if there's massive voter fraud, right guys? :)

Huh? The GOP has made itself crystal clear that it still wants to be Trump's Party.

Nobody held him accountable for his insurrectionist bullshit so he'll spend the next four years holding MAGA revival meetings all across the country where he'll bash and weed out all the Republicans who acted responsibly after Trump lost and go for a 'leaner and meaner' base when he runs again in 2024.

Just what you guys wanted. Yay Team Trump, right? The only way Trump doesn't win in a landslide in 2024 is if there's massive voter fraud, right guys? :)
You underestimate Trumps ego. If he can play kingmaker, take control of the Republican party, and claim that he delivered the next president it will be a much bigger victory to him than winning the election himself.

he will bomb during the debates , his debate vs Gillum he looked like he was sweating and had to take a shit. Debates don’t matter for Mayor and Governor races but they do during presidential primaries . He also doesn’t have the talent to deflect w comedy like Trump would do

States across the country are doing away with lockdowns and restrictions. Clearly, they are only doing this to increase the body count so they can blame it all on Biden. It's going to be very upsetting for people to know that Biden could have stopped this insanity but instead stood by and allowed it to happen. SAD.

You underestimate Trumps ego. If he can play kingmaker, take control of the Republican party, and claim that he delivered the next president it will be a much bigger victory to him than winning the election himself.
You don’t understand Trump‘s ego. He views himself as The King, not the kingmaker. Tabbing a new king would mean somebody else was basking in HIS limelight. Trust me, that ain’t going to happen as long as he has any say about it.

You can take that to the bank.

I think he has generally been solid, though occasionally steps on a landmine (see pop-up clinics specifically targeted to high income republican communities) and sometimes goes a little far for us more moderate voters (see lowering flags at half staff for Rush Linbaugh).

he will bomb during the debates , his debate vs Gillum he looked like he was sweating and had to take a shit. Debates don’t matter for Mayor and Governor races but they do during presidential primaries . He also doesn’t have the talent to deflect w comedy like Trump would do
Why bother with debates? He can just stay in the basement, refuse to answer questions, issue a statement every couple of weeks, and win, right?

I promise to not give a shit about Trump from January 20th, 2021, forward. Scout's Honor.

@DaShuckster

You don’t understand Trump‘s ego. He views himself as The King, not the kingmaker. Tabbing a new king would mean somebody else was basking in HIS limelight. Trust me, that ain’t going to happen as long as he has any say about it.

You can take that to the bank.
I promise to not give a shit about Trump from January 20th, 2021, forward. Scout's Honor.

I DON'T give a shit about Trump now that he's no longer my President. If you'd bother to note the context of my comments, I'm commenting on the viability of the Republican Party moving forward. By continuing to embrace the guy, all you guys are doing is ensuring that the Democrats will continue to win national races.

If that's what you all want to do, that's cool with me.

The combined talking time for all was like 30 minutes, if that. Highlighted by Mrs. Harris accusing Biden of being an evil racist.

There were also 3 presidential debates, just like every election year.

Uh, 2 isn't 3. You using that common core math?

Oh my bad 1 got canceled, I guess that makes SK8 correct that he didnt debate at all.

Funny enough, the 2nd debate was canceled due to Trump having covid, and it was Trump who wouldnt agreed to a virtual debate, but in Trumplandia, that equates to Biden not debating, I guess.

Oh my bad 1 got canceled, I guess that makes SK8 correct that he didnt debate at all.

Funny enough, the 2nd debate was canceled due to Trump having covid, and it was Trump who wouldnt agreed to a virtual debate, but in Trumplandia, that equates to Biden not debating, I guess.
I'm just giving you shit.

You get awfully semantic when you don't want to argue the substance of a discussion. Debates or not, Biden posed almost nothing of substance regarding his intended policies prior to the certification of the election. He actively avoided any venue that he could that would require him to answer those questions. He was able to get through both debates without having to actually lay out policy. He attacked reporters that tried to hold him accountable. No presidential candidate ever has had the soft treatment that he has gotten up until this point.

But go ahead and try to tell us how this is all untrue and he laid out all of his platform clearly and completely and was available for everything and how the media was able and actually did ask all of the tough questions of him and how perfectly he answered them to the degree that everyone should be sold on him and anyone opposing is just a stupid moron.

Reactions: Knight_Light
pretty comical post when the RNC didn’t have a platform at their convention, everyone with a brain knew what most of Biden’s policies are

I'm just giving you shit.
Don't back down, Trump declined because the rules of the debate were written to favor Biden. If you remember, there was a lot of stir about Biden reading his debate points from a script and possibly having an earpiece in. Having a virtual debate would allow Biden to continue his pattern of only reading scripted responses and would give no insight to the American public as to Biden's positions or his ability to actually participate functionally in a challenging discussion. They could've just recorded infomercials and done the same thing.

pretty comical post when the RNC didn’t have a platform at their convention, everyone with a brain knew what most of Biden’s policies are
So you knew that he was going to kill Keystone and end federal drilling on day 1. Also all the other EOs that he signed. That he was going to get back in bed in the ME and that he was going to re-bind us to 100's of millions of dollars of foreign fees for the Paris Accords? Because I'm guessing a lot of middle class people that voted for him in those midwestern states dependent on oil and the pipeline didn't know that and their vote would've been different had he mentioned it just once before the election.

Reactions: Knight_Light
Don't back down, Trump declined because the rules of the debate were written to favor Biden. If you remember, there was a lot of stir about Biden reading his debate points from a script and possibly having an earpiece in. Having a virtual debate would allow Biden to continue his pattern of only reading scripted responses and would give no insight to the American public as to Biden's positions or his ability to actually participate functionally in a challenging discussion. They could've just recorded infomercials and done the same thing.
Yeah, I forgot that the debate rules were ALL SLANTED towards Biden which is why he won both debates in the eyes of the general public, right? :)

Back down on what? I was giving you crap for saying there were 3 debates, which is an honest mistake. I couldn't care less about the rest of this discussion.

You get awfully semantic when you don't want to argue the substance of a discussion. Debates or not, Biden posed almost nothing of substance regarding his intended policies prior to the certification of the election. He actively avoided any venue that he could that would require him to answer those questions. He was able to get through both debates without having to actually lay out policy. He attacked reporters that tried to hold him accountable. No presidential candidate ever has had the soft treatment that he has gotten up until this point.

But go ahead and try to tell us how this is all untrue and he laid out all of his platform clearly and completely and was available for everything and how the media was able and actually did ask all of the tough questions of him and how perfectly he answered them to the degree that everyone should be sold on him and anyone opposing is just a stupid moron.

There is zero substance to your premise about Biden not debating, so I am not sure what kind of great discussion you were expecting when the post I responded to of yours was nothing but a lie.

So you knew that he was going to kill Keystone and end federal drilling on day 1. Also all the other EOs that he signed. That he was going to get back in bed in the ME and that he was going to re-bind us to 100's of millions of dollars of foreign fees for the Paris Accords? Because I'm guessing a lot of middle class people that voted for him in those midwestern states dependent on oil and the pipeline didn't know that and their vote would've been different had he mentioned it just once before the election.

Yes

Also yes. HE campaigned on the Paris agreement.

and on the Paris accord he just didn’t mention that once or twice , it was constant .

Yup. The only reason I didnt link an article for that is because everything that comes up is recent, and I wasnt going to search one out. But anyone who paid attention to the campaign knew he was for the Paris accord.

So you knew that he was going to kill Keystone and end federal drilling on day 1.
Hey sk8, I liken your post to the way I felt when Trump took office: "WTF??? You mean he's REALLY going to build a f*king border wall??!?"

And the response I got was the same as yours: Yes. :)

Alright, I’ll give you the Paris Accord. Did they mention the expense in any of the articles or did it just make it seem like we were evil for leaving.

There is zero substance to your premise about Biden not debating, so I am not sure what kind of great discussion you were expecting when the post I responded to of yours was nothing but a lie.
Oh he attended two debates. The first he played the helpless victim to the boorish Trump and the second he never really clearly articulated positions. You can count those as real looks into his intentions but they were not. You’re also silent on the rest of his campaign strategy. But you’re right, Biden was physically present at the debate.

Alright, I’ll give you the Paris Accord. Did they mention the expense in any of the articles or did it just make it seem like we were evil for leaving.
Once again, sk8, I recall the same types of follow-up questions once I understood Trump was actually serious about a new border wall. 'How much is it going to cost?' and 'Is Mexico still gonna to pay for it?' were at the top of my list.

Last edited:
Oh he attended two debates. The first he played the helpless victim to the boorish Trump and the second he never really clearly articulated positions. You can count those as real looks into his intentions but they were not. You’re also silent on the rest of his campaign strategy. But you’re right, Biden was physically present at the debate.
To be fair, in the 2nd debate Biden did say he was going to shut down fracking. It was a surprising admission considering the fact that Pennsylvania was in play.

Pretty sure the 2nd one was widely considered a tie. Biden definitely won the first.
That is how I saw it. Trump was off and likely already showing signs of Wuhan Flu at the first debate. The second debate I thought Biden did well the first 30 minutes then slowly faded. If it had gone on for another 30 minutes it may have gotten bad, as he was clearly tiring and slipping at the end. I give his doctors a lot of credit in the sleep and drug routine they used with him.

Pretty sure the 2nd one was widely considered a tie. Biden definitely won the first.
That is how I saw it.
Okie dokie, guys.

Trump became the first incumbent President to lose a second term since Jimmy Carter. BUT, let it be known that -- unlike Carter -- Trump was widely considered to have tied his 2nd debate while poor Jimmy got shut out.

Reactions: OLearyLastCall
Okie dokie, guys.

Trump became the first incumbent President to lose a second term since Jimmy Carter. BUT, let it be known that -- unlike Carter -- Trump was widely considered to have tied his 2nd debate while poor Jimmy got shut out.
Besides being historically inaccurate, that's not the point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT