ADVERTISEMENT

Despite being undersized, the Titans outrebounded the Knights, 37-29

Knight_Classes_begin_7pm

Golden Knight
Oct 6, 2013
With all of our size, why don't we rebound well?

Do we box out? Are we just young? Does Donnie and his staff coach this well?

From my viewpoint, it seems like the team does not concentrate well on following shots to the rim and boxing out.

Thoughts?

From my viewpoint, it seems like the team does not concentrate well on following shots to the rim and boxing out.

Thoughts?

From UCF Game notes for tonight's game:
UCF currently ranks seventh in the nation in defensive rebounds per game, averaging 31.00.

- The Knights are 19th in the NCAA in rebounds per game, averaging 43.11. UCF was top 10 until it grabbed just 29 rebounds against Detroit.
------------------------

UCF seems to rebound better against other teams with true bigs (usually slower players) but being quick is not Fall's or McBride's forte.

Good news is that in most games this year, UCF seems to be doing to pretty good job...but Detroit did a good job on both boards vs UCF.

Thoughts?

Wow...this was a late post. I watched the game. That was a really good Detroit team even if not from a sexy conference. I think people see that name and instantly think we should beat them by 20. The initial start for the game was bad. We tried to force the ball into tacko with double and triple coverage. Just poor passing into the post.

I honestly think we have a solid team once BJ is back. We have a bunch of weapons although lacking experience.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT