ADVERTISEMENT

DG development

PhDee

Silver Knight
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2019
DG's development:

DG 2019:
Overall: 59.3% completion rate, 282 pass yds/game.
Home: 66% completion rate, 281 pass yds/game.
Away: 54% completion rate, 284 pass yds/game.

DG 2020:
Away stats: 66% completion rate, 417 pass yds.

Only one game, but to think that this is the first of the season and was on the road against a P5.

What I liked the most is that he was turning his body in the pocket from just throwing over the left tackle to being able throw the ball to the right side of the field. Last year he was good at throwing the quick pass either right or left. Now he is getting the ball more around to the secondary receivers on the right side as the play progressed. When he was having trouble in the 3rd quarter he was concentrating too much on (stuck on) throwing to his left side only as the play progressed. The defense just focused on stacking pressure on the LT side of our OL. He's growing and understandably likes to throw with front foot pointing towards left side... On the other hand KZ is more of a slinger with his release like a catcher or a short stop and he isn't easily cornered in with one side of the pocket collapsing.

The RPOs/play calling were excellent I thought. Kept the D honest on the run game and off balance. And he was instinctual on when to run and when To get down.
Agreed with the exception of the fumble play, I think he was trying to get too many yards with all those defenders around him.

ADVERTISEMENT