ADVERTISEMENT

DG having a top 10 season of all time and not in Heisman Duscussion. BS

2 losses, last one not on him tho, yet one to an inferior team, "enough said", If the Big 10 team gets ridiculed for almost losing to Tulsa, actually losing to Tulsa ends any discussion for anything.

Reactions: anon_b4966fbpvwqmx
His performance against Tulsa was sub par, a home game against Tulsa. That takes you out of the conversation. Milton did the same thing in 2018, but with a worst game against SC state.

He could get back in the conversation if he played flawless the rest of the year, but it's also a short season and several other players will play at least 1-3 more games.

our team actually has to win to be considered for that award
Yes, because you will get many who say the system created him. He has lost to AAC teams 2 times. While this other guy lost 2 times to SEC Team and made the playoffs. Maybe Fewer numbers but his leadership in big games show he is a great Heisman candidate. Just posting what others think..

When did d I say he’d win it? Being mentioned is all I’m talking about. My whole point was 2 losses has never disqualified anyone.

You live and die by this offensive style. The better our offense is, the better our defense needs to be. Our offense is in top gear. Our defense isn’t very good so that deficiency is going to be exacerbated. Not much you can do other than try to slow the game down but that causes the offense to not operate at its best and the same bad defense is still out there playing. There isn’t much choice right now other than operating at such a high level because that means the other team has to operate at that high level as well, just to keep up.

I do think we could do a better job of burning clock with leads, though...such a with Tulsa and Memphis. Memphis scores with 1:08 left in the 4th. Assuming we ran plays with 25 seconds left on the clock if we had just let 3-4 plays run down to like 5 seconds they may have run out of time to score or at least forced them into more aggressive, faster-developing plays that may not be as effective.

I’ve got to think every play is charted for both teams (with time or could be) and you could go through and in games where we led how running clock on plays could have certainly effected the outcome. Especially in games with the difference being more than one score. I’m certain that the staff can figure out how much more or less effective drives are when burning more clock.

If he keeps it up eventually so will those unbelievable stats. They just won't be able to be ignored.

Correct it has to happen against Cincinnati. Joe Burrow had nearly 400 yards passing, 3 tds , 60 yards rushing at Alabama in a win. Baker Mayfield had nearly 400 yards passing 3 tds, at Ohio State in a win. He doesn't have that moment where he rose up in a big game.

On the flip side Joe Burrow or Baker Mayfield didn't have as weak of a game as Gabriel had at home against Tusla. Scoring only 26 points at home against Tulsa, 1 td 1 int.

Of course that is to win it, but he is already behind the 8 ball because he is in a G5 conference, so I think those performances are the minimum for G5 player to really be recognized.

Reactions: ElprofesorJuan
Kevin Smith almost broke Barry Sanders's rushing record that many thought would not even be touched. He finished 2nd in all time rushing yards in a season and just by a few yards and wasn't even a top 3 finalist at the Doak Walker award!!!! Its all about brand, money, spotlight. DG is a stud and its crazy he's only a soph.

Kevin Smith almost broke Barry Sanders's rushing record that many thought would not even be touched. He finished 2nd in all time rushing yards in a season and just by a few yards and wasn't even a top 3 finalist at the Doak Walker award!!!! Its all about brand, money, spotlight. DG is a stud and its crazy he's only a soph.
There is a Big difference between CUSA and AAC. Probably not enough but significant. KZ already proved he could be in discussion in AAC.

Correct it has to happen against Cincinnati. Joe Burrow had nearly 400 yards passing, 3 tds , 60 yards rushing at Alabama in a win. Baker Mayfield had nearly 400 yards passing 3 tds, at Ohio State in a win. He doesn't have that moment where he rose up in a big game.

On the flip side Joe Burrow or Baker Mayfield didn't have as weak of a game as Gabriel had at home against Tusla. Scoring only 26 points at home against Tulsa, 1 td 1 int.

Of course that is to win it, but he is already behind the 8 ball because he is in a G5 conference, so I think those performances are the minimum for G5 player to really be recognized.
No doubt he is behind the 8 ball and it will be a struggle.

ADVERTISEMENT