ADVERTISEMENT

DG is a stud

He’s an inconsistent freshmen that lost us two games. That was expected. Freshman typically play like freshman and make freshman mistakes. Even if he has high highs. Hopefully, we don’t lose more.

Reactions: mattropolis
S
Have you ever believed that Freshman get better the next 2 years? Ever?
Some do, some don't. I do believe that many get better by redshirting when they are freshmen because they still need to improve on many important aspects of their game that would otherwise lead to unnecessary losses. I also believe that proven winners at Notre Dame would not need to get better to win at UCF

S

Some do, some don't. I do believe that many get better by redshirting when they are freshmen because they still need to improve on many important aspects of their game that would otherwise lead to unnecessary losses. I also believe that proven winners at Notre Dame would not need to get better to win at UCF
You’re either good or you aren’t.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
If he doesn't improve on his weaknesses he could end up being another Justin Holman, lots of talent but inconsistent results leading to stalled drives and unnecessary losses.
Really dude, Justin Holman??

Some of you guys are so critical on a true freshman player who happens to play the hardest position on the field. We’re you guys blind to all the improvement he showed today?

Dude distributed the ball to seven diff receivers, made some timely runs. He just didn’t throw deep passes either. He threw short and intermediate routes too, to RB’s in the flats, slants, curls. All that with 4 starters missing on the Offense.

Good grief people, RELAX...

Anybody that thinks DG is the problem right now, doesn't understand football. Kid was 16-21 for 250 yards at the half. Heup has got to find a way to.get him some high % passes coming out of halftime to get momentum rolling again. Very poor playcalling coming out in the 2nd half.

DG has a great future and might one day earn the stud label. He needs to lead UCF to a conference championship and a NY6 bowl win. I think that is how you earn a UCF stud label- Bortles and Milton. As of now, now he is a good player with lots of potential. I still think Mack needs to be on the field more. He has things that DG doesn’t have right now and using them both is the way to go.

If he doesn't improve on his weaknesses he could end up being another Justin Holman, lots of talent but inconsistent results leading to stalled drives and unnecessary losses.
What? He is already a better passer the Holman was. I was glad to see him run yesterday and he did pretty well with it. He still stares down receivers and doesn't look for a second or third receiver enough, but that's freshman stuff.

When he starts hitting his 2nd and 3rd guy more often and using his legs to extend drives, it's over. We will be the SMU of the East!!!!

What? He is already a better passer the Holman was. I was glad to see him run yesterday and he did pretty well with it. He still stares down receivers and doesn't look for a second or third receiver enough, but that's freshman stuff.

When he starts hitting his 2nd and 3rd guy more often and using his legs to extend drives, it's over. We will be the SMU of the East!!!!

S freaking MU of the East?!? How about UCF of the AAC?

S freaking MU of the East?!? How about UCF of the AAC?
I stand by my statement. SMU is currently the best G5 team. Great run game, great passing game. They are balanced and figuring out how to win games.

On paper, they actually look a lot like us. Bad red zone percentage but great between the 20s. They have a great QB, but they protect him significantly better. We have scored 1 more TD than them this season.

I stand by my statement. SMU is currently the best G5 team. Great run game, great passing game. They are balanced and figuring out how to win games.

On paper, they actually look a lot like us. Bad red zone percentage but great between the 20s. They have a great QB, but they protect him significantly better. We have scored 1 more TD than them this season.

Stand by your statement all day long, and twice on Sundays. My point is that SMU hasn’t won diddly squat since joining the AAC. We have 4 ships and 3 BCS bowl games winning two of them.

Stand by your statement all day long, and twice on Sundays. My point is that SMU hasn’t won diddly squat since joining the AAC. We have 4 ships and 3 BCS bowl games winning two of them.
I'm talkin about now, boo. Right now they good. We ok. Also. This is all tongue in cheek.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT