ADVERTISEMENT

DG

Well this might answer the question of whether or not he is back in 2023…..absolutely sucks it was on crap play.

Only mark on his resume, never won a road game that mattered. (Tulsa, Pitt, Memphis, Louisville, etc.)
He didn't win close games in high school either. Even then he lost 3 and 4 games each of the 3 years he started but got tons of yards in 40+ point blowouts against hapless teams and lost almost all of the games against teams that could score over 20-30 points. It continues here.

He didn't win close games in high school either. Even then he lost 3 and 4 games each of the 3 years he started but got tons of yards in 40+ point blowouts against hapless teams and lost almost all of the games against teams that could score over 20-30 points. It continues here.
This is a lazy take of his time at UCF. Memphis and this game alone weren't his fault. Memphis was the famous Quadry pushing Obarski after he missed the game winner and today he hit the WR in the hands and things just went south.

Don’t mean to be doom and gloom here, but we may have just seen the last of DG at UCF. Believe it or not, he has put out a lot of good NFL tape, especially with his beautiful deep ball. If he is indeed done for the season, I can see him taking the time to get his logistics in order as far as representation and all that. Do I think he’s ready for the nfl? No, we’ve all seen the holes in his game. But the NFL will love his arm talent enough to warrant him a draftable grade at least.

• Dislike
Reactions: UCFootball14
He’s a good Qb. He just doesn’t have “it”. “It” is hard to find. Pathetic showing by the Louisville fans. I was in row KK at about the 45 yard line behind our bench. No other fans for 15-20 seats around I’d. Place looked like a ghost-town. Sad.

It's okay guys. Gus really developed Gatewood while he was at Auburn, as we have already seen this season. We're in good hands either way. I mean, Cam Newton. All that needs to be said.

Wow, i totally missed this last night those last 34 seconds really took a toll on us and the team. Hope he gets better fast and its not as serious as they think.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
The way he was injured is so frustrating, though. I really hate the Cal/Stanford lateral bs at the end of the game, it worked one time and frequently leads to bad injuries. DG should have never been in that position. Just throw a hail mary and take your chances.

The way he was injured is so frustrating, though. I really hate the Cal/Stanford lateral bs at the end of the game, it worked one time and frequently leads to bad injuries. DG should have never been in that position. Just throw a hail mary and take your chances.
If you’re going to lateral why are you doing it with DG anyways? Just use gatewood

Ice is on clavicle area. Not shoulder. That’s a 6-8 week injury. DG will not leave for NFL. He won’t get drafted.

He gets a redshirt anyway. Hasn’t used one. Could still play in 1 more game this year to be eligible.

Ice is on clavicle area. Not shoulder. That’s a 6-8 week injury. DG will not leave for NFL. He won’t get drafted.
I was thinking the same thing. If he puts up big numbers his junior year I think he is gone. Now that may be on hold. Wish him all the best for a quick recovery.
I really hate to see folks on here bashing him for not winning the big games. Every game that I have watched him play he leaves a 100 percent on the field.

Last edited:
well some of you are going to get what you want
To be clear, I have never wanted any UCF player, or any other college athlete, to be injured. But I do want us to continue to smooth out the rough areas of our overall performance. I know it's a process and, despite this defeat, I do feel we are moving in the right direction... Our defense has vastly improved against the run. DG has vastly improved his decisions on when to run and how to move in the pocket. We now have added more power to our rb stable (depending on health). Our play calling has more options to it. Again, it is a process. I am pleased overall with our direction. Wishing DG and others a speedy recovery.

To be clear, I have never wanted any UCF player, or any other college athlete, to be injured. But I do want us to continue to smooth out the rough areas of our overall performance. I know it's a process and, despite this defeat, I do feel we are moving in the right direction... Our defense has vastly improved against the run. DG has vastly improved his decisions on when to run and how to move in the pocket. We now have added more power to our rb stable (depending on health). Our play calling has more options to it. Again, it is a process. I am pleased overall with our direction. Wishing DG and others a speedy recovery.
Agree. We have already taken a big step in talent, athlete development, and scheme over where we were last season.

Couldn’t have said it any better..

Was thinking exactly the same thing right before the play. We all know DG can sling it deep, just go 5 receiver set and let him rip it. The stupid multi-lateral thing that never works can't possibly be higher percentage.

Was thinking exactly the same thing right before the play. We all know DG can sling it deep, just go 5 receiver set and let him rip it. The stupid multi-lateral thing that never works can't possibly be higher percentage.
The multi-lateral works, but you need the band in the endzone for the distraction. Where was the band? Im calling out the band. "They were out of position" is the reason the play did not work. :cool:

Obviously a hindsight is 20/20 post here,
but if KZ had stayed he'd be the starter right now instead of losing to Jax State.
He is averaging only 5 yards on pass attempts so far..we’ll see if he improves today at Wake Forest and going forward but he may not be the same QB

So I guess we are a 2 QB team now? Keene and Gatewood splitting time.

I was thinking the same thing. If he puts up big numbers his junior year I think he is gone. Now that may be on hold. Wish him all the best for a quick recovery.
I really hate to see folks on here bashing him for not winning the big games. Every game that I have watched him play he leaves a 100 percent on the field.
Anyone criticizing Dillon for his play at UCF knows nothing about football and I have zero respect for. Dillon is one of the best college QBs in the nation and we’re lucky to have him. I hope his shoulder is healthy and comes back to make these critical cockroaches crawl back in to the holes they came from. Our fickle fans did the same to McKenzie Milton his freshman year…thank goodness he didn’t transfer due to the boos and talent experts in the stands booing…losers.

Would expect Gatewood taking over with an offense focused on quick passes and runs. That suits Malzhan style.
Well here is his chance for sure. Pretty sure he was the #1 Dual Threat QB coming out of HS. He should be able to beat out a true FR.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT