ADVERTISEMENT

Dialed Up Tempo

KnightVision82

Diamond Knight
Jan 26, 2004
Good article by OS. Remembered when SF started trying to run UCFast in games that the officials were the biggest advocates for the opposing team as they were very slow in setting the ball down for the next play. Also, good comments by Miller on getting chemistry going for this 2018 team. If the guy next to you isn't consistently getting it done, you find yourself struggling to push yourself past your top performance in practice. Last season there were no obvious weak links on game day.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/ucf-knights/knights-notepad/os-sp-ucf-football-0403-story.html

Extra article out today :)

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/alabama-football-lane-kiffin-ucf-college-football-playoff

Reactions: Knight Strength
Good article by OS. Remembered when SF started trying to run UCFast in games that the officials were the biggest advocates for the opposing team as they were very slow in setting the ball down for the next play. Also, good comments by Miller on getting chemistry going for this 2018 team. If the guy next to you isn't consistently getting it done, you find yourself struggling to push yourself past your top performance in practice. Last season there were no obvious weak links on game day.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/ucf-knights/knights-notepad/os-sp-ucf-football-0403-story.html

Extra article out today :)

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/alabama-football-lane-kiffin-ucf-college-football-playoff
Another great point about why fast offense isn't necessarily better than a relatively slower offense. Officials intentionally slow you down. This was part of why Chip Kelly didn't do so well in the NFL but can be a problem in college too. Coach has to know when to speed it up, slow it down, and always keep defense in mind!

I just finished watching the Mizzou South Car. game from last season (first one I'm watching) and Mizzou ran 69 plays, every single one with 11 personnel (1 RB, 1 TE, and 3 WR) I sure as hell hope that changed as the season went on.

One other thing we haven’t talked about much is how, like we saw in Year 1 with Frost, an up tempo offense that isn’t clicking (missing on easy passes, getting tackled for a loss, etc.) can be a huge problem.

Milton now is infinitely better than he was last season but he will need the rest of the offense to be on the same page.

Will be fun to watch!

How's the defense holding up?
Good question. I was watching film of our offense the other day running the ball and I was seeing some rather large running lanes. As it is spring it is early but my two major concerns now are: 1) defense and 2) offense NOT going so fast they lose focus on assignments. Hopefully, practicing against a highly skilled offense will strengthen our defense.

It’s going to take time
Speak for your own dumpster fire stalker forever

drxZnv.png

He posted a fair comment in response to the thread and got a sh*tpost (almost literally) as a reply.

Whhyyyyyy.

Back to the point - I’m hoping that the time it takes is a game or two and not a season or two to adapt. Honestly, I think it’s the former.

Reactions: Mikesi
He posted a fair comment in response to the thread and got a sh*tpost (almost literally) as a reply.

Whhyyyyyy.

Back to the point - I’m hoping that the time it takes is a game or two and not a season or two to adapt. Honestly, I think it’s the former.

Given the similarities in tempo, terminology, the returning talent, the coaching staff and the team buy in, it would hard to not believe that this offense doesn't miss a beat from game 1 and could very likely put up more points than last year. That is my story and Im sticking to it!

Given the similarities in tempo, terminology, the returning talent, the coaching staff and the team buy in, it would hard to not believe that this offense doesn't miss a beat from game 1 and could very likely put up more points than last year. That is my story and Im sticking to it!

They seem to be all very professional and understand the stakes at hand.

Reactions: Mikesi
Haven't had a lot of time to troll these forums but in a fleeting moment of time I just want to say I really feel like we have an upgrade in coaching. Go Knights! In Heup We Trust... Go Knights!

That would be a tall order. How so you upgrade from undefeated?

GO BLUE NIGHTS!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT