ADVERTISEMENT

Disney Dumpster Fire

Nice rebound over the past 30 days, but still down 40% over the past year.
I know it's popular for DeSantis Republicans to bash Disney but what theme park HASN'T declined since the pandemic hit?

I read an article about Universal Studios and the Six Flags theme parks taking much steeper attendance hits.

Like everything, the numbers will start going up. It's too popular with parents of young children to do otherwise.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
I know it's popular for DeSantis Republicans to bash Disney but what theme park HASN'T declined since the pandemic hit?

I read an article about Universal Studios and the Six Flags theme parks taking much steeper attendance hits.

Like everything, the numbers will start going up. It's too popular with parents of young children to do otherwise.
A lot of parents have put Disney and Disney TV on a no go list. The Mouse Woke up and fans are shutting down.

A lot of parents have put Disney and Disney TV on a no go list. The Mouse Woke up and fans are shutting down.
Lol. The theme parks literally cannot charge enough money to keep the crowds at bay. People are lining up to blow 10-20k on a Disney vacation. From a theme park perspective if every person who gave a shit about the Desantis feud stopped attending, they still would have no problem selling out. The people they make the money off of who are staying at resorts don’t give a shit about Florida politics.

He’s vaccinated. He will pull through. Just like Fauci. Crickets about that now, right?
No doubt (maybe some, as you never know).

...Are we are at a consensus that the vaccine does little to curb contraction/spread, but reduces symptoms / increases survivability?

No doubt (maybe some, as you never know).

...Are we are at a consensus that the vaccine does little to curb contraction/spread, but reduces symptoms / increases survivability?
Consult with Bostonstrangler and the Parade Float. They are the experts

• Haha
Reactions: DaShuckster
Consult with Bostonstrangler and the Parade Float. They are the experts
I don't know them, but I've likened this debate to the seatbelt law... If the vaccine only increases your own benefit, why such a fuss about others and their choice to receive or decline the vaccine?

I don't know them, but I've likened this debate to the seatbelt law... If the vaccine only increases your own benefit, why such a fuss about others and their choice to receive or decline the vaccine?
It would be strictly for your own benefit if medical resources weren’t shared. But they are. People were foregoing procedures not deemed emergencies or waiting days for a hospital bed to free up because they were full of Covid patients. Hell, Orlando went on water restrictions because the oxygen was diverted for use in area hospitals. So no it isn’t just an impact to yourself.

I've likened this debate to the seatbelt law... If the vaccine only increases your own benefit, why such a fuss about others and their choice to receive or decline the vaccine?
The seatbelt law??!? Are you being serious?

From the very beginning, COVID has been a highly contagious air-borne disease. The morons who chose not to get vaccinated once the vaccines were available put themselves at risk as well as their family, friends, and coworkers. That's a whole lot of people to compare to an individual seat belt.
Are we at a consensus that the vaccine does little to curb contraction/spread, but reduces symptoms / increases survivability?
Yes, the vaccine most definitely reduces the virus's potentially deadly consequences without it. Regarding contraction and spread, there's a new variation of the damn bug about every two or three months. This is what happens when you can't 'nip it in the bud' early on.

The seatbelt law??!? Are you being serious?

From the very beginning, COVID has been a highly contagious air-borne disease. The morons who chose not to get vaccinated once the vaccines were available put themselves at risk as well as their family, friends, and coworkers. That's a whole lot of people to compare to an individual seat belt.

Yes, the vaccine most definitely reduces the virus's potentially deadly consequences without it. Regarding contraction and spread, there's a new variation of the damn bug about every two or three months. This is what happens when you can't 'nip it in the bud' early on.
I’ve seen 2 examples in the last few months where a husband was vaccinated and the wife wasn’t. Both about the same age and equal health. No preexisting diseases. Both contracted COVID. Both wives died. The husbands were sick for a few days. All age 65-73.

That’a not all I needed to hear. We all knew this already

Extreme examples? Sure, but I’m glad I didn’t play Russian Roulette

It’s been almost a year since I’ve read where some folks in here likened getting a vaccine to a seatbelt law. I think it was a tribal circle jerk between knighttime, crazycelibate, and Boston.

Congrats. You’ve just made it a Mount Rushmore of morons. Ffs, how many years did you spend pissing on a toilet seat before someone told you to put it up?

I know I know. Parking lot. Save it.

Most of the 'Bible Thumping' southeast and midwest US just went from 'no brainer' to go to Disney to 'no brainer' to look elsewhere. That's a good 1/3rd to 2/5ths of Disney's visitation ... although in the end, it may only be 1/5th to even only 1/10th of revenue.

I.e., it's one thing when Disney was just 'neutral' and didn't take political stands, most of the 'Bible Thumpers' were fine with Disney supporting LGBTQIA causes. A lot of the 'Bible Thumpers' are 'just don't bother me with it.' But once Disney started taking stands on laws which are designed to guarantee parental involvement, just involvement ... they 'drew the line.'

People forget ... even Alabama, Mississippi and Tennessee have laws that protect Trans kids from parental retribution ... in addition to Florida. Most spiritial parents don't have a problem with state intervention where parents are clearly abusive.

It's when the state is talking to their kids without involving them, when they are supportive, that they have issues.

Reactions: Knight_Light
you know your brand of politics is all about grievance and immaginary resentment when you waste your energy hating Disney

• Haha
Reactions: Ucfmikes
you know your brand of politics is all about grievance and immaginary resentment when you waste your energy hating Disney
Actually, there's a case here. Disney was smart, at first, to recognize what the law was, for itself. But then political correctness took over at Disney.

I was in (redacted) when the same Chik-fil-A BS started, and after several of us tried to 'educate' others, even our Legal finally had to 'advise' associates they were dead-wrong, and (redacted) coudn't make a public statement because it would open the entire, S&P500 traded copmany to libel/slander.

Finally the ACLU 'put it to rest,' when it advised in favor of Chik-fil-A. Even in this case, my old employer (now owned by IBM) has been very 'tactful' in how they responded as well. Disney? They f'd up ... badly ... even legally.

The 'Don't Say Gay' narrative is the biggest load of false bullsh-- I've ever seen. It's right up there with the false bullsh-- of 'kids in cages' and 'weapons of war / assault rifle-weapon.'

I'm kinda surprised the AP hasn't issued an advisory on it, much like they did both the other two (2) aforementioned. Yes, the AP formally rebuked the rest of the US Media for the repeatedly proven false statements in both cases, the later just recently.

Most of the 'Bible Thumping' southeast and midwest US just went from 'no brainer' to go to Disney to 'no brainer' to look elsewhere. That's a good 1/3rd to 2/5ths of Disney's visitation ... although in the end, it may only be 1/5th to even only 1/10th of revenue.

I.e., it's one thing when Disney was just 'neutral' and didn't take political stands, most of the 'Bible Thumpers' were fine with Disney supporting LGBTQIA causes. A lot of the 'Bible Thumpers' are 'just don't bother me with it.' But once Disney started taking stands on laws which are designed to guarantee parental involvement, just involvement ... they 'drew the line.'

People forget ... even Alabama, Mississippi and Tennessee have laws that protect Trans kids from parental retribution ... in addition to Florida. Most spiritial parents don't have a problem with state intervention where parents are clearly abusive.

It's when the state is talking to their kids without involving them, when they are supportive, that they have issues.
So Disney made the correct move. If they can get rid of 1/3 of the park visitors and still make 9/10 of the revenue, they'll take it because now they can sell tickets to other people that couldn't get in and will spend more.

The same people cheering for the demise of Disney are the same one’s binge watching the latest season of Bluey with their kids last night on Disney+.

I’m just so f-ing tired of politicians appealing to and crafting policy based off the reaction of a few hundred Twitter blowhards because that’s what they think their base wants to hear.

This country has gone down the shitter fast.

So Disney made the correct move. If they can get rid of 1/3 of the park visitors and still make 9/10 of the revenue,
And that's why Disney likely joined the false narrative. Legal didn't want to touch it, but marketing decided it was worth it with the negative press the longer they didn't come out against it. They also cannot be sued over libel or slander in the case of a political stand.

Now if they start making statements about DeSantis or others directly, different story.

they'll take it because now they can sell tickets to other people that couldn't get in and will spend more.
Who cannot get in?! I'm not following ...

Last edited:
Not completely on topic for this thread but yeah, this is kind of nuts.
6th Grade assignment today, Nolan Elementary School, Bradenton, FL, Desantistan. https://t.co/KSIpNc0t4L Ron Filipkowski 🇺🇦 (@RonFilipkowski) "

I hate the "political" example, but teaching kids to recognize bias is extremely valuable in an independent democratic republic.
Bias as a tool, in avoiding and mitigating it, in general, yes.

Bias as a political platform, in specifics, is why we call it 'indoctrination,' and it's own bias.

Government schools are getting scarier by the day,
and the speech this week didn't exactly work on me in the way the President intended.

As I stated to my Progressive colleagues this week... "Take care of your own house first."

Remember, Trump was only polling 4% in the GOP at the start of 2016, which was lower than Johnson in the GOP at the start of 2012.

The more the Trump narrative continues to dominate the media, the more followers he only gains. It might be great for media revenue, but... the backlash is real.

I see a lot of Progressives here complain of 'what about ism' with regards to Hillary and Obama. Trump as a narrative is the same thing, trying to detract from the problems they have created.

Me? I'm tired of people looking to government, let alone a powerful executive. But I'm sure if a teacher taught that today, they would be labeled a potential domestic terrorist, or at least anti-government.

Last edited:
Bias as a tool, in avoiding and mitigating it, in general, yes.

Bias as a political platform, in specifics, is why we call it 'indoctrination,' and it's own bias.

Government schools are getting scarier by the day,
and the speech this week didn't exactly work on me in the way the President intended.

As I stated to my Progressive colleagues this week... "Take care of your own house first."

Remember, Trump was only polling 4% in the GOP at the start of 2016, which was lower than Johnson in the GOP at the start of 2012.

The more the Trump narrative continues to dominate the media, the more followers he only gains. It might be great for media revenue, but... the backlash is real.

I see a lot of Progressives here complain of 'what about ism' with regards to Hillary and Obama. Trump as a narrative is the same thing, trying to detract from the problems they have created.

Me? I'm tired of people looking to government, let alone a powerful executive. But I'm sure if a teacher taught that today, they would be labeled a potential domestic terrorist, or at least anti-government.

Dude, we complain about your Hillary stuff because all you are doing is trying to take the discussion away from a current news story. Nobody cares if you criticize Obama or Hillary but when your only point to bring them up is to derail the discussion of a current and ongoing story that people are interested in discussing, then you are essentially just trolling and trying to derail the topic.

Dude, we complain about your Hillary stuff because all you are doing is trying to take the discussion away from a current news story. Nobody cares if you criticize Obama or Hillary but when your only point to bring them up is to derail the discussion of a current and ongoing story that people are interested in discussing, then you are essentially just trolling and trying to derail the topic.
Dude is a fukcing red herring queen. Pathetic.

• Haha
Reactions: Ucfmikes
I hate the "political" example, but teaching kids to recognize bias is extremely valuable in an independent democratic republic.
A 'political' example of bias??!? Are you going to tell us with a straight face that this teacher was actually teaching her kids how to 'recognize bias' in the media?

The Right loves to whine how leftie schools 'indoctrinate' their kids. Sure looks to me like Example A of indoctrination from the MAGA crowd.

A 'political' example of bias??!? Are you going to tell us with a straight face that this teacher was actually teaching her kids how to 'recognize bias' in the media?

The Right loves to whine how leftie schools 'indoctrinate' their kids. Sure looks to me like Example A of indoctrination from the MAGA crowd.
Dude, take your blue shades off and read comments from a neutral position occasionally. Media is horribly biased... I'm tired of reading sources where "journalists" insert judgemental language.

• Love
Reactions: UCFBS
Dude, take your blue shades off and read comments from a neutral position occasionally. Media is horribly biased... I'm tired of reading sources where "journalists" insert judgemental language.
Yeah, along that same vein, don't you get sick and tired of so-called "scientists" inserting their biased language when we hear them say things like 'the sun rises in the East and sets in the West'?

These are the same people calling me alt-right and religious, as well as an idiot on various things I ended up being 100% correct on. They literally tote the party-media line and call for yet more statism.

So ... what do you expect?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT