ADVERTISEMENT

Disrespecting our Flag

DaShuckster

Diamond Knight
Nov 30, 2003
Once upon a time, President Trump couldn't stop tweeting about how Colin Kaepernick and other NFL players were 'disrespecting the flag' by having the audacity to kneel before the flag during the playing of our national anthem as a peaceful sign of protest.

Back then we got this:
I think he's merely asking that millionaire players stop acting like jackasses for the cameras and disrespecting our anthem and flag.
Back then? LOTS of criticism of those "millionaire jackasses." This picture is just one of many horrendous scenes from last Wednesday's Capitol insurrection that showed the ultimate disrespect for our flag, our country, and our Constitution.
US-Capitol-riots_2_CNNPH.jpg

Reactions: ElprofesorJuan
Once upon a time, President Trump couldn't stop tweeting about how Colin Kaepernick and other NFL players were 'disrespecting the flag' by having the audacity to kneel before the flag during the playing of our national anthem as a peaceful sign of protest.

Back then we got this:

Back then? LOTS of criticism of those "millionaire jackasses." This picture is just one of many horrendous scenes from last Wednesday's Capitol insurrection that showed the ultimate disrespect for our flag, our country, and our Constitution.
US-Capitol-riots_2_CNNPH.jpg
The only value in a flag is its utility. It means nothing. Its just a piece of cloth that some people worship because they think it represents their beliefs.

The only value in a flag is its utility. It means nothing. Its just a piece of cloth that some people worship because they think it represents their beliefs.
What 'Disrespecting the Flag' sounded like during the NFL's national anthem protests = The Kaepernick protest devolved into self-promotion and an anti-American act.

What 'Disrespecting the Flag' sounds like after the Trump insurrectionists raided the Capitol = The flag is just a piece of cloth that some people worship because they think it represents their beliefs.

What 'Disrespecting the Flag' sounded like during the NFL's national anthem protests = The Kaepernick protest devolved into self-promotion and an anti-American act.

What 'Disrespecting the Flag' sounds like after the Trump insurrectionists raided the Capitol = The flag is just a piece of cloth that some people worship because they think it represents their beliefs.
Its kind of disturbing how focused you are in trying to point out hypocrisy, that you resort to using a quote from someone that has been consistent on the issue to make your point. It seems like you have become desperate to find a new boogeyman now that Trump is gone.

Its kind of disturbing how focused you are in trying to point out hypocrisy, that you resort to using a quote from someone that has been consistent on the issue to make your point.
Sorry, my bad. I could have sworn that once upon a time, you wrote this post about disrespecting the flag:
Agreed that it didn't age well. If Kaepernick could have stayed on message, trying to focus on police violence against black people, he might have helped force the conversation that needed to be had. Instead, his antics led to it being nothing more than self-promotion and the message became anti-american.

It seems like you have become desperate to find a new boogeyman now that Trump is gone.
WTF? First, Trump isn't gone yet. Second, there's more than enough boogeymen to go around nowadays if I felt I needed one -- for example, the yahoo I saw on video tonight hitting a Capitol cop over the head with his American flag pole.

Sorry, my bad. I could have sworn that once upon a time, you wrote this post about disrespecting the flag:
And??? I said that kaepernicks message was lost because he didn't communicate it effectively. That's undeniably true, and it has nothing to do with the flag nor did I say it was an issue.

Honest question: do you really view everyone as a strawman because it really seems that way?

Wow. I just looked at that post and it was a response to a post of yours that I agreed with. Yeah, its just an internet message board but you probably shouldn't feel ok about what you just did.

Wow. I just looked at that post and it was a response to a post of yours that I agreed with. Yeah, its just an internet message board but you probably shouldn't feel ok about what you just did.
You were the one who felt compelled to opine on this thread about what disrespecting the flag means -- or doesn't mean, I guess.

I just found it striking how differently you viewed the flag when Colin Kaepernick was protesting (i.e. it became self-promotion that was un-American) than today when I pointed out what disrespect for our flag and our country really looked like. Instead of agreeing, you responded with your "it's just a piece of cloth, blah, blah, blah." Say what?

I'm sorry you feel I 'picked on you.' I would have thought you'd have viewed the insurrectionists at least as 'un-American' as you once did Colin Kaepernick instead of the BS you posted here today.

When Kapernick was “deplatformed” from the NFL for peacefully kneeling millions cheered. Now the same people are outraged that the President has been “deplatformed” for inciting insurrections.

Reactions: DaShuckster
When Kapernick was “deplatformed” from the NFL for peacefully kneeling millions cheered. Now the same people are outraged that the President has been “deplatformed” for inciting insurrections.
Let's not forget the outrage over "HOW UNPATRIOTIC" those millionaire athletes were. Where's that same righteous anger from 'true patriots' now?

You were the one who felt compelled to opine on this thread about what disrespecting the flag means -- or doesn't mean, I guess.

I just found it striking how differently you viewed the flag when Colin Kaepernick was protesting (i.e. it became self-promotion that was un-American) than today when I pointed out what disrespect for our flag and our country really looked like. Instead of agreeing, you responded with your "it's just a piece of cloth, blah, blah, blah." Say what?

I'm sorry you feel I 'picked on you.' I would have thought you'd have viewed the insurrectionists at least as 'un-American' as you once did Colin Kaepernick instead of the BS you posted here today.
My opinion about him didn't change until he started cashing in on his antics. I never had a problem with the kneeling because they were promoting a cause. It was when it became a marketing ploy that I took issue.

That SOB disrespected our country!

The Capitol looters/terrorists care as much about the flag as they do about blue lives.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT