ADVERTISEMENT

DO NOT OVERLOOK COLORADO

ucfjosh2000

Silver Knight
Jan 29, 2003
Orlando, FL
Prime will have his boys ready to come in here and smash our face if we for one second overlook this team. You know he’ll be laser focused being a 14 point underdog so we better match that intensity from the kick. No thinking about next week, no being overconfident as a favorite, no getting caught up in the Big Noon hoopla. Don’t fall for all that buttering up of Malzahn by Prime. You know he wants this one bad. Better come ready for a fight!

Prime will have his boys ready to come in here and smash our face if we for one second overlook this team. You know he’ll be laser focused being a 14 point underdog so we better match that intensity from the kick. No thinking about next week, no being overconfident as a favorite, no getting caught up in the Big Noon hoopla. Don’t fall for all that buttering up of Malzahn by Prime. You know he wants this one bad. Better come ready for a fight!
They (the players) will not be overlooking Colorado. They are excited as h*ll to play Prime. I was afraid they would come out flat against TCU (they did) and lay down (they didn't). I am not worried about motivation for this game. This is the one game Gus has to say nothing.

They (the players) will not be overlooking Colorado. They are excited as h*ll to play Prime. I was afraid they would come out flat against TCU (they did) and lay down (they didn't). I am not worried about motivation for this game. This is the one game Gus has to say nothing.
Yeah, Uhh……………………Florida says hello.

Busted. I am looking past Colorada. I am thinking that BYU game could be an issue. I guess I am over looking UF and Cincy too. 😆

It doesn't matter what the fans do or think about Colorada. It only matters what the coaches and team think. I got a feeling they are not overlooking Colorada.

Hey OP, please change the title to reflect the proper way to say Colorada . It's C O L O R A D A

All the Gators will be watching on Saturday for their bye week. Hello Swamp Lizards... You're next...Stop the run if you can! Stack the box!!!

Florida football coach Billy Napier has 'high respect' for UCF coach Gus Malzahn​

Napier said he has "high respect" for UCF coach Gus Malzahn, who has SEC roots. Malzahn was a former offensive coordinator at Arkansas (2006) and Auburn (2009-11) before taking over the head coaching job at Auburn from 2013-20. He was hired by UCF in 2021.

As a young assistant coach, Napier said he first encountered Malzahn by recruiting some of his high school players when Malzahn was a high school coach in Springdale, Ark.

"Gus is creative," Napier said. "He's got a really good football mind, he's done a good job. He's had a lot of different scenarios to call on it as a head coach."

Under Malzahn this season, UCF enters this weekend leading the nation in rushing offense, averaging an eye-popping 375.7 yards per game.

"One thing about Gus' teams: They're always tough, they're always physical, there's always a conscious effort to run it," Napier said. "Everything is kind of built off the ability to run the ball both inside and on the perimeter, and all those three-level routes, just puts you in conflict."

All the Gators will be watching on Saturday for their bye week. Hello Swamp Lizards... You're next...Stop the run if you can! Stack the box!!!

Florida football coach Billy Napier has 'high respect' for UCF coach Gus Malzahn​

Napier said he has "high respect" for UCF coach Gus Malzahn, who has SEC roots. Malzahn was a former offensive coordinator at Arkansas (2006) and Auburn (2009-11) before taking over the head coaching job at Auburn from 2013-20. He was hired by UCF in 2021.

As a young assistant coach, Napier said he first encountered Malzahn by recruiting some of his high school players when Malzahn was a high school coach in Springdale, Ark.

"Gus is creative," Napier said. "He's got a really good football mind, he's done a good job. He's had a lot of different scenarios to call on it as a head coach."

Under Malzahn this season, UCF enters this weekend leading the nation in rushing offense, averaging an eye-popping 375.7 yards per game.

"One thing about Gus' teams: They're always tough, they're always physical, there's always a conscious effort to run it," Napier said. "Everything is kind of built off the ability to run the ball both inside and on the perimeter, and all those three-level routes, just puts you in conflict."
Billy has respect for Gus because of his SEC roots. So, does that mean we can disrespect Billy because of his Sunbelt roots? 😆

True. From a motivational standpoint, "ain't nuttin got to be said" ($1 to Devonte Brown).

It is a tough place to play, though.
This will be the program's third trip to the Swamp. The older fans know it's tough and I suspect Gus and the team do as well. It goes without saying the Swamp is great home field for the Gators.

This will be the program's third trip to the Swamp. The older fans know it's tough and I suspect Gus and the team do as well. It goes without saying the Swamp is great home field for the Gators.
This aint your 1999 or 2006 UCF going into the Swamp. Win big Saturday and we'll be favored. I wasn't impressed with UF's showing against Mississippi State after Toledo had just embarrassed them.

This aint your 1999 or 2006 UCF going into the Swamp. Win big Saturday and we'll be favored. I wasn't impressed with UF's showing against Mississippi State after Toledo had just embarrassed them.
True that. I was simply trying to point out to the great SEC Lord Auburn that we are well aware of how loud the Swamp is. This UCF team would potentially blow the doors off the UCF teams of yester year. 😆

A lot of people have started to talk about UCF being ranked this season. We need to go 6-0 in the first half of the season to even start to consider us to be a serious contender and ranked team. Then, we will need to get through an even tougher second half of the schedule to be legit guys.

Every game will be a good challenge for us this season just like the TCU game was.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT