ADVERTISEMENT

Do we keep everyone form this team for another year?

Plus, some people are actually going to graduate and move on with life. The interesting question is what happens to the scholarship limits? Typically you would expect 10-20 people to graduate or transfer to open up those slots. With the NCAA granting a blanket year of eligibility for everyone you're likely to only lose 5-10 guys. Does that mean everyone is only going to recruit 5-10 kids this year? If they allow for additional scholarships (above 85), how do they get paid for? Money doesn't grow on trees. It's expensive to bankroll a student-athlete.

Transfer portal will be alive and well. I’d expect to lose a few that way.
Yes, next year we could lose some (current) sophomores, juniors or early graduates who find themselves 3rd or lower on the depth chart behind underclassmen incumbents. Such an "upside down" class structure can increase portal activity and decrease recruitment options. Nevertheless I do, of course, support playing the best player at each position regardless of class.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Plus, some people are actually going to graduate and move on with life. The interesting question is what happens to the scholarship limits? Typically you would expect 10-20 people to graduate or transfer to open up those slots. With the NCAA granting a blanket year of eligibility for everyone you're likely to only lose 5-10 guys. Does that mean everyone is only going to recruit 5-10 kids this year? If they allow for additional scholarships (above 85), how do they get paid for? Money doesn't grow on trees. It's expensive to bankroll a student-athlete.

Exactly, the granting of an extra year of eligibility to everyone is just kicking the can down the road. High school seniors will be the ones punished. Don't see NCAA expanding scholarships, and like you said it they do its going to cause issues financially during a time when schools are seeing its lowest revenues.

If KZ actually gets back to being able to play, he’ll transfer as well. Should so he gets a shot to play somewhere.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
If KZ actually gets back to being able to play, he’ll transfer as well. Should so he gets a shot to play somewhere.
KZ should transfer. Hate to say it, but he should do what is best for him. Nobody would hold it against him. Maybe Hawaii? I doubt NGEbraska

KZ should transfer. Hate to say it, but he should do what is best for him. Nobody would hold it against him. Maybe Hawaii? I doubt NGEbraska
Never say never. Scotty hasn't been able to find a solid QB yet, and he's going to be desperate for wins in 2021. They sling the rock at Hawaii. Wide open offense. I could see that as well. I just can't picture a scenario where Gabriel plays 2 years and then gets supplanted by Milton who hasn't played a game snap in nearly 3 years. That would be one of the strangest QB scenarios you'd ever see, and how would that play out in the locker room. I think he should go play wherever he can be a starter, even if it isn't the most glamorous opportunity.

Reactions: G-Knight
Never say never. Scotty hasn't been able to find a solid QB yet, and he's going to be desperate for wins in 2021. They sling the rock at Hawaii. Wide open offense. I could see that as well. I just can't picture a scenario where Gabriel plays 2 years and then gets supplanted by Milton who hasn't played a game snap in nearly 3 years. That would be one of the strangest QB scenarios you'd ever see, and how would that play out in the locker room. I think he should go play wherever he can be a starter, even if it isn't the most glamorous opportunity.
Best man will start. If it's KZ in 21, DG still has 3 years left, 22-24, since 20 was a freebie (as long as DG plays in 4 games or less in 21). Let's not forget, KZ was a starter & Heisman candidate when he got hurt. He is out of the lineup not because of a demotion, but because of what he gave for this team. Let us NEVER forget that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT