ADVERTISEMENT

Do you redshirt Gabriel now?

Sit Gabriel down. We will continue to lose if we can't scramble, and Gabriel can't. My 100 year old grandma knew that Gabriel was never going to make anything happen with his legs. He shouldn't have to, but we needed that tonight and he couldn't do it. Leave him in and we will have the same result at some point down the road this year.

Sit Gabriel down. We will continue to lose if we can't scramble, and Gabriel can't. My 100 year old grandma knew that Gabriel was never going to make anything happen with his legs. He shouldn't have to, but we needed that tonight and he couldn't do it. Leave him in and we will have the same result at some point down the road this year.
Gabriel look slow

You can beat 70% of the AAC even with average QB play, I think it's better to just stick with him for the future bc there is no guarantee Milton ever plays again
IF Milton plays next year it won't be at the same level as before. Gabriel is only 10 months away from having been playing highschool football. If they dont redshirt him they at least should get Mack in there for when we need a scrambler.

IF Milton plays next year it won't be at the same level as before. Gabriel is only 10 months away from having been playing highschool football. If they dont redshirt him they at least should get Mack in there for when we need a scrambler.
I haven't been shy about my thoughts on Mack. I just think DG has more high end potential so it's pointless to bench him and have Mack play possibly a little worse then you risk a transfer from a guy that may be much better & has more eligibility. DG's deep ball percentage is still damn impressive, if Harris positions his body a little better he has a pretty good 2nd half after a rough start.

I think that we are going to really have to take a look at this. I like a running QB. Gabriel isn’t that even as much as Milton was
You saw what happened to Pickett running the football. He was really banged up :sunglasses:

I haven't been shy about my thoughts on Mack. I just think DG has more high end potential so it's pointless to bench him and have Mack play possibly a little worse then you risk a transfer from a guy that may be much better & has more eligibility. DG's deep ball percentage is still damn impressive, if Harris positions his body a little better he has a pretty good 2nd half after a rough start.

I get what you're saying, but we could lose a bunch more games if we all we can rely on is downfield passes. We need to be able to scramble and throw some slants. I saw none of that tonight. If you don't bench Gabriel you at least have to have an answer for games where the other team's line is having their woth you.

I get what you're saying, but we could lose a bunch more games if we all we can rely on is downfield passes. We need to be able to scramble and throw some slants. I saw none of that tonight. If you don't bench Gabriel you at least have to have an answer for games where the other team's line is having their woth you.
Gabriel can hit slants, Heup just isn't calling them

You guys are nuts play Dillion he is the corner stone of the team for 4 years. It’s one loss doesn’t really
Change much when it comes to the cotton bowls

Reactions: Wings0fred
He’s done more than enough to show that he is the present and future, no way you redshirt him now. His deep balls have been a thing of beauty, but he came up against a real tough defense tonight that blew up our o-line. He hung in there and made some great passes.
those passes to Tre were a thing of beauty...our fanbase has some really bad takes when it comes to the QB position

those passes to Tre were a thing of beauty...our fanbase has some really bad takes when it comes to the QB position
I agree that he has a beautiful deep ball, but those are low percentage passes. They don’t hit their target enough to win a game vs quality defenses

Otherwise everyone would be doing it

Reactions: AAC6800
I agree that he has a beautiful deep ball, but those are low percentage passes. They don’t hit their target enough to win a game vs quality defenses

that is the veer n shoot Baylor offense. deep passes that soften the defense for runs up the middle. I just thought Heup would be more flexible and run a hybrid. Why get rid of the option plays that worked so well under Frost?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ucfmikes
Gabriel looks like he wants nothing to do with running the ball. He was able to air it out, but you can't live or die with the long ball. DL are going to continue to dial up the pressure and force him to chuck it.

I think that we are going to really have to take a look at this. I like a running QB. Gabriel isn’t that even as much as Milton was
Agreed, I love Gabriel’s arm but you see in tight games just being able to throw the deep ball isn’t enough. Mack’s big frame and agility could have picked up first downs on some of those 3rd and short or 4 down and short today.

Gabriel Hurt us today big time by taking sacks and not throwing away the ball. He wasn’t sensing the pressure around him either. This is where inexperienced freshman get you beat in games. It was a total team loss but again when Dillon gets pressure he not experienced enough yet to deal with it, change plays, use his feet to extend plays like KZ or even Mack.

oh, I thought DG was our savior for the next 500 years?

Funny how one game gets most of you juvenile fans runnin. So much for loyalty.

Pitt had a chance to read full tape on a freshman qb and this is what happens. Same with MM. GET A Fing gripe!

Live by the fresh, die by the fresh.

I support my Knights 100%%%%
???

DG was hitting deep ball after deep ball. The vanilla play calling and lack of pass protect was not his fault. DG is our QB1 now and going forward. As for his scrambling ability, I am sure he has it. Look at his HS tape. He is still finding his way in college ball, give it time.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Let DG play this year and get good experience. Red shirt him next year because they'll have Milton and Mack available. Then ride DG for the next 3 years.

34 points should have won game. We said 20 by them before game. If you add in pick 6 that’s 27 and we win. Defense blew game.

He needed to keep it on the read option at least one time on any one of those 3rd or 4th and shorts. It looked Heupel wasn't letting him pull it and run, and our offense became extremely predictable.

ADVERTISEMENT