ADVERTISEMENT

Do you redshirt Gabriel now?

Do you have anything to back this statement up? I know for a fact it didnt come from the coaching staff with the way they play their cards to their chest.
Well.., if you’re going to go by what Heupel is saying, then absolutely nothing is ever known

We can barely say that DG is starting this week

According to statements from players to Marc Daniels, etc. Mack was the incumbent until he lost it. Nothing more

Once again, no one knows anything for sure with Heupel

Look.,, all I’m saying that if we can’t have a QB running the ball, the offense is missing too much

It’s one dimensional

If DG can run, so be it

I could care less who the starter is, as long as it’s the best guy

That’s not Wimbush

This game was lost by the coaches. DG played great with the crap play calling that was going on.

I don't know if I'd call 2 red zone interceptions great, but the o-line certainly wasn't doing him any favors. But clearly the blame for this loss isn't on him or any one particular person or thing. There's a lot of options to point your finger at. perhaps that's what's so infuriating, that so much went wrong.

One thing I will say about DG, he needs to learn to throw it away sometimes.

Going into the game we had to know they were going to scale the playbook back for a true freshman QB in his first true road game. Redshirting him at this point would be such an over reaction, just in the same way declaring his greatness after 1 great game.

Just read the analysis this guy has put out there and it backs a lot of the thoughts we all had, coach isn’t being creative or the play calling is less than desired. When we can out talent everything works, when it’s even play calling might not win it for us.
Shall we post DG vs KZ freshman stats? DG is leaps and bounds ahead. Check the Arky State game stats. That’s Arkansas St, not Pitt.

Let DG play this year and get good experience. Red shirt him next year because they'll have Milton and Mack available. Then ride DG for the next 3 years.
You can't easily put a guy on the bench that won the job the year before. If he's #1 after next fall camp no way you red shirt him -- it contradicts the 1-0 each week philosophy and could break the locker room. if Milton or anyone else beats him out well that is a different story....

There were hardly any passes over the middle in the Pit game. It seems like the coaches are limiting his throws to the sidelines. I think Frost took the same approach with Milton his first year. I hope they open it up for DG or its going to be a frustrating season. He did throw a dart to Davis over the middle in the Stanford game that was a thing of beauty.

I am not arguing stats, DG is doing great. What is wrong with questioning some of the play calling.
Players make plays. Emmitt Smith made his yards because his lineman pointed to guy they were going to block and they blocked them. You want trick plays? Doesn’t matter what play you call, the players have to execute. Not much more to it. Pitt was stacking box and taking the middle out. You throw outside in that case. A PA pass would have been nice yes.

Players make plays. Emmitt Smith made his yards because his lineman pointed to guy they were going to block and they blocked them. You want trick plays? Doesn’t matter what play you call, the players have to execute. Not much more to it. Pitt was stacking box and taking the middle out. You throw outside in that case. A PA pass would have been nice yes.
I don’t think we disagree ...I am not advocating trick plays. Play action may have worked, something out in the flats, etc. With all this we still only lost by 1. We are still a good team.

I don’t think we disagree ...I am not advocating trick plays. Play action may have worked, something out in the flats, etc. With all this we still only lost by 1. We are still a good team.
Going down 21 killed us. Most importantly was the blocked punt. Was equalized with our PR for TD but that would have won the game had we not got down so much right from the start.

Shall we post DG vs KZ freshman stats? DG is leaps and bounds ahead. Check the Arky State game stats. That’s Arkansas St, not Pitt.
As has been said before, it’s a bit apples and oranges to do that considering the disparity in talent around them and the complete system change when KZ was a freshman. Etc.

That being said, the future seems very bright.

As has been said before, it’s a bit apples and oranges to do that considering the disparity in talent around them and the complete system change when KZ was a freshman. Etc.

That being said, the future seems very bright.
You’d think game 11 or so with weeks to prepare for a mid level G5 team compared to game 3 against a mid level P5 team with 1 week to prepare would make it pretty close. Go look at that roster. Many of the same kids on team. A couple future NFL guys. Talent was not lacking. Change in system is the same for Freshman because any system would be different.

ADVERTISEMENT