ADVERTISEMENT

Do you think UCFans and Danny makes it clear that we are fighting for all disenfranchised FBS teams?

Do you think UCFans and Danny makes it clear that we are fighting for all disenfranchised FBS teams?

• Yes

Votes: 24 46.2%
  • No

Votes: 26 50.0%
  • Other explain

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters
-I feel like I’m an unbiased fan
-But to suggest that ESPN and the P5 have actually gotten together to keep UCF out makes you guys look weak and desperate
-The irony...no one listens.
-But you have to earn the right for schools to schedule you.
-You can’t have one great season record-wise and expect the system to say “oh there you are...we’ve been waiting for you to come knocking”.
-Your great season last year, was by record alone.
-You know going undefeated means very little if you play weak opponents.
-Beating up on nobody’s week in and week out is not impressive.
-Come on, you know there is no one outside of Orlando who takes that seriously right?
-the sports world is laughing at how seriously you think you earned it.
-UCF seems to think the world is against them in a Jackie Robinson kind of way.
-Go undefeated. Check. Do it again with another win against a P5 in a bowl game.
-maybe in 5 years you’ll be taken seriously.
-Try moving to a better conference.
-ESPN is not as powerful as you think,
-the P5 don’t have it in for you.
-whining about it as a team who plays no one will get you nowhere...you already know this.
I was going to do a point-by-point takedown of everything you said, but I realized that it was too many things and that probably means you're a troll.

In case you aren't a troll and just a college football fan that knows little outside of 'old teams good!', I have put a bullet point next to everything that you said that was stupid in some way.

Feel free to look up how these statements have been addressed on this forum or do a modicum of research before you throw stuff like this out there.

My sides hurt from soooooooooooooo much laughing!!

So that's why your team (Michigan) "respects" sooooo many MAC Teams because they sure find their way on Michigan's schedule basically every year.

Big name schools want to schedule a game they would most likely lose? LOL!!

Dude....do you know what Auburn, Alabama and Georgia all have in common?

They all LOST to UCF the last time they played them and all 3 REFUSE to schedule UCF in future games!

If by soooooo many MAC teams you mean the usual Western or Central Michigan or even Toledo or Akron occasionally, you do realize they’re in our backyard and we’ve historically (you guys hate that word) played them? Typically as a tune-up game like every major program. Wait, you may not know what that means, sorry. Major programs play 2-3 bad programs to tune up befor their conference schedule, you know, because the conference schedule is tough. Oh wait, my bad, you don’t know that means either because you play in, ummm, oh no one cares.

And yes, big name schools routinely schedule games they could lose. When they win those games it looks impressive. If they lose, it may not be that detrimental to their overall resume. Hence the several one-loss teams ahead of you.

I doubt they refuse to schedule UCF, out of fear or otherwise. Most likely their schedules have been created already and they haven’t gotten them on the schedule. Your magical season was just last year...give it some time; and more real victories.

I know you guys are very impressed with yourselves (I guess someone has to be) and your last 3 victories against those 3 teams. You know none of them were against legitimate versions of those schools best teams. Last years Auburn played well against both but played average or below the rest of the season. Winning a meaningless bowl game is not that impressive. That’s why no one but you guys are impressed.

If by soooooo many MAC teams you mean the usual Western or Central Michigan or even Toledo or Akron occasionally, you do realize they’re in our backyard and we’ve historically (you guys hate that word) played them? Typically as a tune-up game like every major program. Wait, you may not know what that means, sorry. Major programs play 2-3 bad programs to tune up befor their conference schedule, you know, because the conference schedule is tough. Oh wait, my bad, you don’t know that means either because you play in, ummm, oh no one cares.

And yes, big name schools routinely schedule games they could lose. When they win those games it looks impressive. If they lose, it may not be that detrimental to their overall resume. Hence the several one-loss teams ahead of you.

I doubt they refuse to schedule UCF, out of fear or otherwise. Most likely their schedules have been created already and they haven’t gotten them on the schedule. Your magical season was just last year...give it some time; and more real victories.

I know you guys are very impressed with yourselves (I guess someone has to be) and your last 3 victories against those 3 teams. You know none of them were against legitimate versions of those schools best teams. Last years Auburn played well against both but played average or below the rest of the season. Winning a meaningless bowl game is not that impressive. That’s why no one but you guys are impressed.

That's nice dear but I'm sure you'll get over it....
73d7342edca724d134374c79ff3bac2c.png

I was going to do a point-by-point takedown of everything you said, but I realized that it was too many things and that probably means you're a troll.

In case you aren't a troll and just a college football fan that knows little outside of 'old teams good!', I have put a bullet point next to everything that you said that was stupid in some way.

Feel free to look up how these statements have been addressed on this forum or do a modicum of research before you throw stuff like this out there.

You just put a bullet point next to everything that was said. Since I don’t know you I can’t tell if you’re kidding or if you just see everything thru black and gold lenses.

But I’ll just pick one to see how you may respond. How is beating weak teams every week impressive? What is the threshold?

North Dakota State or even App State who impressively dominated for years in 1AA (FBS now), occasionally garnered some respect in the polling. Neither ever complained like UCF is. They knew they played garbage the majority of the time. The majority here would say their AD’s have no balls though and should have yelled at the top of their lungs about the injustice.

When App State beat UM at the Big House in 2007 they were coming off back-to-back titles and won again that year. Of the roughly 120 D1 teams UM could have scheduled, that App St team was better than at least half of them.

My point is, if all of your opponents are bad teams, how can anyone know how good you are? I agree it sucks that you don’t get a crack at P5 teams since that’s the only way for you to prove yourselves. But you guys want to crown yourselves NOW instead of seeing how things play out over the next few years.

Not a troll, just amazed you guys really think there’s a widespread conspiracy after you had one undefeated season.

You just put a bullet point next to everything that was said. Since I don’t know you I can’t tell if you’re kidding or if you just see everything thru black and gold lenses.

But I’ll just pick one to see how you may respond. How is beating weak teams every week impressive? What is the threshold?

North Dakota State or even App State who impressively dominated for years in 1AA (FBS now), occasionally garnered some respect in the polling. Neither ever complained like UCF is. They knew they played garbage the majority of the time. The majority here would say their AD’s have no balls though and should have yelled at the top of their lungs about the injustice.

When App State beat UM at the Big House in 2007 they were coming off back-to-back titles and won again that year. Of the roughly 120 D1 teams UM could have scheduled, that App St team was better than at least half of them.

My point is, if all of your opponents are bad teams, how can anyone know how good you are? I agree it sucks that you don’t get a crack at P5 teams since that’s the only way for you to prove yourselves. But you guys want to crown yourselves NOW instead of seeing how things play out over the next few years.

Not a troll, just amazed you guys really think there’s a widespread conspiracy after you had one undefeated season.

Wrong, you are a long winded troll. You should be focused on Ohio State since you have not been able to beat them in the last 6 games.

If UCF doesn't matter to you and is nothing, why are you here? Why are you thinking about UCF so much? UCF living in your head rent free.

Michigan has won 1 game against the currently ranked teams in the new coaches poll, #20 6-3 Penn State. They lost to ND, the only Top 10 team they played. Congratulations, losing to the only good team you played gets you #5 in the CFI. That was a quality loss!!!

You just put a bullet point next to everything that was said.
I edited out as much as I could. Probably 75% was left.
It's the EVERY WEEK that is the impressive part. Before last season, being undefeated was considered impressive, at all levels. To beat most of the teams you were supposed to was good. But to beat them all and not slip was considered great.
That is why college football is known for it's chaos. Because every week, that other team is bringing their best. When the chaos doesn't touch you, that used to garner a significant amount of bonus points.
Yeah, not saying anything and hoping for rewards has not really helped the programs that have done well for themselves. Boise is in a worse situation than they were before.
No, we want to play for it now. No one is looking for the easy way, but 1-A college football is the only sport not settled on the field. It's settled through subjective judgments.

If all your opponents are bad, how can anyone know how good you are? Let me ask you this: if you lose to a bunch of good teams, how can anyone know how good you are? It's the same either way. You make your best approximation if you're stuck in a subjective system.

What we're arguing is that the best approximation is unfair. When we got ready to play the Fiesta Bowl, everyone trashed us. Said that we came from a bad conference, that we lost to the best opponent we played. We thought that their approximation was off. We saw how good our team was and we knew from beating Georgia that they rank us down from where we actually are.

Of course, we dominated Baylor. Did we get credit for that? Did the estimations change? No, they said the same crap when we were preparing for Auburn. They said win this one and we'll take you seriously. Again we dominated.

Now we find out that the quality loss we were penalized for in 2013 would be highly regarded now and going undefeated (a knock against us in 2013) showed how weak our opponents are.

No one has calibrated or changed anything. We're better and somehow regarded even worse.

Edit: tone was angrier than I wanted.

That's nice dear but I'm sure you'll get over it....
73d7342edca724d134374c79ff3bac2c.png
Don’t get it
And no one should respect a Michigan team that can’t beat their rival for .....what’s it now six years?

It’s a good thing the SEC developed a QB for you.

You’re bringing your high brow stuff there.

Yeah UM has definitely been on the wrong end of that rivalry for a little bit now, but it’s ok, it has historically been one-sided for both teams at certain points.

Actually Shea wanted to play here initially but Ole Miss was a better fit for him when he signed. Jumped at the opportunity to play at UM. Surprised he didn’t go running to the juggernaut UCF after they won the National Championship.

How are your alums doing in the NFL? More importantly, how’s recruiting going? You guys gonna be able to keep up with the Jones’ there in the....what dogshit conference do you guys play in again?

Really, no one cares. No one is conspiring against you...they’re laughing at how seriously good you guys think you are. Get over it. Show some diginity.

Don’t get it

You’re bringing your high brow stuff there.

Yeah UM has definitely been on the wrong end of that rivalry for a little bit now, but it’s ok, it has historically been one-sided for both teams at certain points.

Actually Shea wanted to play here initially but Ole Miss was a better fit for him when he signed. Jumped at the opportunity to play at UM. Surprised he didn’t go running to the juggernaut UCF after they won the National Championship.

How are your alums doing in the NFL? More importantly, how’s recruiting going? You guys gonna be able to keep up with the Jones’ there in the....what dogshit conference do you guys play in again?

Really, no one cares. No one is conspiring against you...they’re laughing at how seriously good you guys think you are. Get over it. Show some diginity.

Michigan's 2018 Resume: 1 quality loss against a Top 10 team. All other wins not ranked, or soon to be not ranked. Big 10 mediocrity getting exposed week by week.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister

Michigan has three undefeated seasons since 1947: 1947, 1948, and 1997. All three of them resulted in a claimed national title. Enough said.

Since ESPN dismantled the message boards, you need to come to somewhere like here to see the keyboard heroes, warriors and all-around badasses. It’s fun to do so occasionally, to get the pulse of what’s on people’s minds regarding a subject. You guys do not disappoint!

Last post, I promise.

- By “no one cares” I mean collectively no one takes you seriously. Yes you are discussed because like any other marginalized (hilarious btw...UCF matters next?) group you are thrown a rope. In this case you get ranked in the T25. Of course not high enough to matter, but enough to show people are aware of you. Also, maybe you’ll get to play another P5 in a bowl game and prove your worth or all the doubters correct.

- Undefeated is a really big thing for you guys...not so much elsewhere anymore. The rest of college football chalks it up to parity. P5 Conferences are harder to get through undefeated so it’s really impressive if you can do it, or even with just one loss. Getting through a cupcake conference undefeated is not equally impressive. That’s what the whole “worlds tallest dwarf” comment was directed at....you know, still really small.

- The whole thing with beating Auburn who beat both teams who played for a title AND you went undeafeated, therefore you’re magically the NC?!? A parade?! Wow! The amazing part is how you don’t realize that everyone (and I mean everyone) outside of UCF has said, and continues to say, “are they f**kin serious??” That you don’t realize how obnoxious it is, is simultaneously annoying and funny. You’re getting recognized for the wrong reasons. Everyone loves an underdog as the saying goes...not you guys. Too arrogant when you have business being.

- You guys aren’t really trashing Michigan now are you? Literally the winnigest program of all time. Someone mentioned 3 undefeated seasons (again very important to you guys) and claimed NT. Claimed being the operative word there. The AP awarded all of those so I don’t get your point. I’ll give you that we’d love to be on the other side of the OSU rivalry these days but it’ll come back our way. More importantly, what does UM have to do with the arguments made against UCF?

You’re not in anyone’s head and no one is conspiring against you. Tone it down a few notches...you’re embarrassing your school and yourselves.

Reactions: LickmyMusket
My only issue with Ucf is that their Ad puts the team on te same level as p5 teams whe it comes to scheduling. You guys might have to schedule 2 or 3 road games in the noncon. Expect one offs and teams not coming to play at your stadium. Outsideof that I understand all the points but the insistence on getting home and homes with p5 programs needs to end. Wyoming played at Washington state and at Missouri this year. Ucf needs to do similar things and stop expecting home games.

My only issue with Ucf is that their Ad puts the team on te same level as p5 teams whe it comes to scheduling. You guys might have to schedule 2 or 3 road games in the noncon. Expect one offs and teams not coming to play at your stadium. Outsideof that I understand all the points but the insistence on getting home and homes with p5 programs needs to end. Wyoming played at Washington state and at Missouri this year. Ucf needs to do similar things and stop expecting home games.
You need to take a math class and stop being an idiot. We are not a Wyoming. If we schedule all of these road games, without a return game, we would have 4 home ganes instead of 6-7

Then you morons would complain why we have 2 FCS games on our schedule. We would lose a ton of money. Our AD to s smarter than that

Additionally, these teams DON’T want to play us. Get that through your head!!!

Missouri wouldn’t do a damn thing for us this year. Let them come here. Missouri already did. Let Washington come here. Stanford can do a 1 and 1, why can’t they?

Reactions: atsKnight
Since ESPN dismantled the message boards, you need to come to somewhere like here to see the keyboard heroes, warriors and all-around badasses. It’s fun to do so occasionally, to get the pulse of what’s on people’s minds regarding a subject. You guys do not disappoint!

Last post, I promise.

- By “no one cares” I mean collectively no one takes you seriously. Yes you are discussed because like any other marginalized (hilarious btw...UCF matters next?) group you are thrown a rope. In this case you get ranked in the T25. Of course not high enough to matter, but enough to show people are aware of you. Also, maybe you’ll get to play another P5 in a bowl game and prove your worth or all the doubters correct.

- Undefeated is a really big thing for you guys...not so much elsewhere anymore. The rest of college football chalks it up to parity. P5 Conferences are harder to get through undefeated so it’s really impressive if you can do it, or even with just one loss. Getting through a cupcake conference undefeated is not equally impressive. That’s what the whole “worlds tallest dwarf” comment was directed at....you know, still really small.

- The whole thing with beating Auburn who beat both teams who played for a title AND you went undeafeated, therefore you’re magically the NC?!? A parade?! Wow! The amazing part is how you don’t realize that everyone (and I mean everyone) outside of UCF has said, and continues to say, “are they f**kin serious??” That you don’t realize how obnoxious it is, is simultaneously annoying and funny. You’re getting recognized for the wrong reasons. Everyone loves an underdog as the saying goes...not you guys. Too arrogant when you have business being.

- You guys aren’t really trashing Michigan now are you? Literally the winnigest program of all time. Someone mentioned 3 undefeated seasons (again very important to you guys) and claimed NT. Claimed being the operative word there. The AP awarded all of those so I don’t get your point. I’ll give you that we’d love to be on the other side of the OSU rivalry these days but it’ll come back our way. More importantly, what does UM have to do with the arguments made against UCF?

You’re not in anyone’s head and no one is conspiring against you. Tone it down a few notches...you’re embarrassing your school and yourselves.

Last post, I promise.

We are very very clearly in your head. Deep down if Michigan somehow wound up in a bowl against us, you would be terrified because your uninventive offense would be easy to stuff and your big bad defense would be faking injuries like PITT because our speed would be wearing you out. Thank you for that big piece of real estate we now own in your head.

This is one of the more encouraging parts of this era of UCF football. Having insecure fans of these historically good programs come here practically begging us to confirm for them that we will never threaten them and their programs will rise again is a really good sign.

They're not checking in with other AAC teams. They are checking in with UCF because we have the authority to put their minds at ease. Also explains all the Husker trolls.

Dont worry, I'll throw you a bone, pal. A Michigan fan! Thank you for gracing us with your presence! Of course, sir, we'll knock it off with all that championship talk. And Michigan is most assuredly going to rise again, like the state of Michigan! We didn't see nuthin' about your coach on the hot seat...

So rest assured, sir, the blue bloods will be on top forever and we'll get right to work on starting our own G5 league championship. Maybe we can play App State!!!

Feel better?

Shea didn't come to UCF because he didn't want to ride the bench.

Harder to get through the P5 conferences undefeated. I feel so sorry for you. How many teams have gone undefeated in any D1 conference? You should know that it is hard to do no matter what conference you are in. You get 10x the revenue and the best recruits and the top P6 teams still beat you in bowl games and ooc games. I guess we should just be happy with "the remains of the day". Go pedal you drivel to someone who gives a F...

Holy moly this is hilarious! Please come back and post more. My tank was running low but you've just topped it off with the highest octane hate tears I've ever tasted!

This is one of the more encouraging parts of this era of UCF football. Having insecure fans of these historically good programs come here practically begging us to confirm for them that we will never threaten them and their programs will rise again is a really good sign.

They're not checking in with other AAC teams. They are checking in with UCF because we have the authority to put their minds at ease. Also explains all the Husker trolls.

Dont worry, I'll throw you a bone, pal. A Michigan fan! Thank you for gracing us with your presence! Of course, sir, we'll knock it off with all that championship talk. And Michigan is most assuredly going to rise again, like the state of Michigan! We didn't see nuthin' about your coach on the hot seat...

So rest assured, sir, the blue bloods will be on top forever and we'll get right to work on starting our own G5 league championship. Maybe we can play App State!!!

Feel better?

Heck...they aren't concerned about HALF of their own P5 Conference!!!

Think Michigan fan ever worries about Rutgers? Maryland? Indiana? Minnesota? Illinois et al? Of course not....but to a team located in FL...who would EXPLODE even more if UCF got the P5 label to use on the recruiting trail and the $40 Million plus new Conf TV $$$ that would roll in every year...yeah, they would and are afraid.

Reactions: atsKnight
I know this Maize&Blue clown is just a troll...but I will just drop a few nuggets here.

1. Weak opponents (Part 1)
At the time the playoff participants were selected...after the conference championship weekend...where Alabama didn't even play BTW...UCF had MORE wins over teams who finished in the Top 25 than Alabama did.

2. Weak opponents (Part 2)
Let's evaluate Alabama's schedule last year...
Yea…those 2017 Bama games vs Colorado St, Fresno St, & 5 win (FCS) Mercer were soooo hard! [roll]
Add in 6 loss Texas A&M, 8 loss Arkansas & 8 loss Tennessee (all of whom were so bad they fired their coaches). [roll]
Plus 7 loss Vanderbilt, 6 loss Ole Miss & an LSU team that lost to TROY!![roll]

3. Strength of Schedule.
Try to wrap your biased mind around this article (if you can) from college football statistics expert Bill Connelly. You might learn something about why SoS by itself is a bogus argument and does not tell you how good or bad a team is.
https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...otball-strength-of-schedule-rankings-2017-sos

4. Conspiracy by the Cartel.
There are between 30 million and 90 million reasons PER YEAR that the "Power" 5 will fight tooth and nail to keep the G5 out of the playoffs...and every one of those reasons has a $ in front of it due to uneven distribution of playoff money. With that kind of money on the table, if you don't think The "Power" 5 is doing everything it can to keep the G5 out of the playoffs (including building a "playoff committee" that is 77% composed of people with "Power" 5 ties), you are INCREDIBLY naïve.

5. "One Great Season"
UCF is actually in the middle of the third great season out of the last six. In the eight full seasons since 2012, UCF has 4 ten win seasons and another season just under that widely accepted threshold of excellence at nine wins.

Maize&Blue...you have been SCHOOLED!
[Mike Drop]

I know this Maize&Blue clown is just a troll...but I will just drop a few nuggets here.

At the time the playoff participants were selected...after the conference championship weekend...where Alabama didn't even play BTW...UCF had MORE wins over teams who finished in the Top 25 than Alabama did.

Yea…those 2017 Bama games vs Colorado St, Fresno St, & 5 win (FCS) Mercer were soooo hard! [roll]
Add in 6 loss Texas A&M, 8 loss Arkansas & 8 loss Tennessee (all of whom were so bad they fired their coaches). [roll]

3. Strength of Schedule.
Try to wrap your biased mind around this article (if you can) from college football statistics expert Bill Connelly. You might learn something about why SoS by itself is a bogus argument and does not tell you how good or bad a team is.
https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...otball-strength-of-schedule-rankings-2017-sos

There are between 30 million and 90 million reasons PER YEAR that the "Power" 5 will fight tooth and nail to keep the G5 out of the playoffs...and every one of those reasons has a $ in front of it due to uneven distribution of playoff money. With that kind of money on the table, if you don't think The "Power" 5 is doing everything it can to keep the G5 out of the playoffs (including building a "playoff committee" that is 77% composed of people with "Power" 5 ties), you are INCREDIBLY naïve.

5. "One Great Season"
UCF is actually in the middle of the third great season out of the last six. In the eight full seasons since 2012, UCF has 4 ten win seasons and another season just under that widely accepted threshold of excellence at nine wins.

[Mike Drop]
Strong post

Reactions: UCFhonors

3. Strength of Schedule.

5. "One Great Season"

[Mike Drop]

giphy.gif

#UCFacts

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT