ADVERTISEMENT

Dogs in restaurants and other public places

KnighttimeJoe

Todd's Tiki Bar
May 29, 2001
Maybe I am just getting more cantankerous but is it necessary for people to bring their fukcing dogs everywhere they go? I'm not talking about service animals or people training dogs to become service, but assholes who bring their pets into Lowe's, the Mall, and any other got damn place they see fit. My favorite: restaurants, where they put their nasty-ass pooch right on the booth or seat cushion like it's their damn right.

Well, I've seen a few restaurant owners/managers start to ask these same idiots to take their dog off the seat and place them on the ground or to eat outside if they have outside dining areas. And these entitled nitwits throw the biggest fits you've ever seen. "THE FLOOR IS DIRTY!!" "I'LL NEVER EAT HERE AGAIN!!" "I'M GOING ON YELP AND DESTROYING YOU ALL!!!" I mean, how dare these restaurant people ask for others to follow rules when it comes to their pets. Pathetic.

What's wrong with bringing a well behaved dog to Lowe's? I agree with restaurants, that's just stupid. Dogs in home improvement stores never bothered me, I enjoy petting the occasional pup there.

I've never seen someone bring their dog to an indoor restaurant tho, let alone sit them at the table.

What's wrong with bringing a well behaved dog to Lowe's? I agree with restaurants, that's just stupid. Dogs in home improvement stores never bothered me, I enjoy petting the occasional pup there.

I've never seen someone bring their dog to an indoor restaurant tho, let alone sit them at the table.

Welp, that's great until you see a lovely dog fight at Lowe's (yes, I have). Or have your kid step in a pile of dog shit that an inconsiderate asshole didn't clean up.

im a big dog person, i have 2, and love them. that said, leave the dogs at home. if a restaurant has a patio and they want to allow them out there, i am ok with it, but not inside. same goes for most stores. if its not a service animal, and 90% arent, they leave them at home.

Fvckin' A, Joe, preach! I don't get it at all. If you can't leave your dog at home for the 15-30 minutes it takes you to run to Lowe's, then either you don't need a dog or that dog has severe behavioral issues for which you should get it help. I can't remember if I told this story in here, but I was in Lowe's about a year ago and some guy was checking out and he had his dog with him. I didn't recognize the breed, but a couple of the cashiers were slobbering all over it - "Oh, my god, I've never seen one of these in person!" etc., etc., etc. One lady asks if she can give the dog a treat and the guy responds, "No, he's prone to biting." WTF????

I witnessed a lady driving a Ford Fiesta-sized vehicle the other day and she had her Great Dane-sized dog sitting in her lap. How can one possibly drive with that gargantuan beast all over you? Police should start issuing tickets for that (if they're not already). If I had my wife all up in my lap while I was driving then I'd certainly receive a citation (to go with my huge boner).

Fvckin' A, Joe, preach! I don't get it at all. If you can't leave your dog at home for the 15-30 minutes it takes you to run to Lowe's, then either you don't need a dog or that dog has severe behavioral issues for which you should get it help. I can't remember if I told this story in here, but I was in Lowe's about a year ago and some guy was checking out and he had his dog with him. I didn't recognize the breed, but a couple of the cashiers were slobbering all over it - "Oh, my god, I've never seen one of these in person!" etc., etc., etc. One lady asks if she can give the dog a treat and the guy responds, "No, he's prone to biting." WTF????

I witnessed a lady driving a Ford Fiesta-sized vehicle the other day and she had her Great Dane-sized dog sitting in her lap. How can one possibly drive with that gargantuan beast all over you? Police should start issuing tickets for that (if they're not already). If I had my wife all up in my lap while I was driving then I'd certainly receive a citation (to go with my huge boner).
Good post, great finish

Here's something many dog owners don't know: The dogs LOVE IT when they are home alone for an hour or two.

It's ok...a generations prior would leave their f'n dogs at home...as there isn't a need to show them off in public like its a new purse.

PS. Its also ok to leave your kids at home too, especially at age.

If you can't leave your dog at home for the 15-30 minutes it takes you to run to Lowe's

Clearly, some has never man-gineered stuff around the house. Takes that long to walk up and down aisles looking for the part that is closest to what you need.

Clearly, some has never man-gineered stuff around the house. Takes that long to walk up and down aisles looking for the part that is closest to what you need.
Oh, I man-gineer plenty. I just happen to take a much more efficient approach of mapping out what I need (sometimes drawing a schematic) and making a list. If I'm in HD or Lowe's for more than 30 minutes I start to get the shakes.

When I had a dog, she would always try to hump other dogs to establish dominance. I was always jealous of well behaved dogs that can be taken to parks and festivals. Now I have two kids that don't try to establish dominance and I can take them to festivals and such. Maybe I can train my next dog to be cool, I'll take her to the bar and we can drink together. I guess i just need a friend who knows when to be quiet and snuggles me on the couch.

But yeah, restaurant dog folks are weird and don't even get me started on emotional support pets on airplanes...when you have to hold the dog because it is shaking, it is not providing support.

This type of behavior is near criminal. If you have a dog that is prone to biting you should be going to extremes to keep it out of situations where it could bite.

Ninja has small purse service dog to help prevent public masturbation...while Chemmie has a fat service bulldog to prevent child rape.

Keep in mind that I live on 5 acres and my neighbors' homes on either side of me are about 75 yards away and behind me about 175 yards away. Well the neighbor to the east of me has several dogs and as soon as I step out on my rear patio or go to the barn they all immediately start barking. I'm on my own property for goodness sake. It just makes me want to line up the reticle on my 6.5 Creedmoor and drop 'em one by one. I guess a .22 would be quieter. Control your damned dogs people, please.

Maybe I am just getting more cantankerous but is it necessary for people to bring their fukcing dogs everywhere they go? I'm not talking about service animals or people training dogs to become service, but assholes who bring their pets into Lowe's, the Mall, and any other got damn place they see fit. My favorite: restaurants, where they put their nasty-ass pooch right on the booth or seat cushion like it's their damn right.

Well, I've seen a few restaurant owners/managers start to ask these same idiots to take their dog off the seat and place them on the ground or to eat outside if they have outside dining areas. And these entitled nitwits throw the biggest fits you've ever seen. "THE FLOOR IS DIRTY!!" "I'LL NEVER EAT HERE AGAIN!!" "I'M GOING ON YELP AND DESTROYING YOU ALL!!!" I mean, how dare these restaurant people ask for others to follow rules when it comes to their pets. Pathetic.
I have 3 dogs. My 8 yr old we had in san diego and it is very dog friendly. 2nd one we got in illinois where dogs are mostly forbidden. Our 3rd guy we found in metro atlanta. Dogs 2&3 dont do well in public and hence, we dont take them many places. Our first dog goes everywhere acceptable. This is mostly patio restaurants, dog friendly breweries, and sometimes home depot if we want to give him some social interaction he craves. It depends on the situation and no we dont take him everywhere. Unfortunately i think many rookie dog owners try to force their pups into situations they may not do well in. At same time, get off your high horse and pet a ****ing dog every now and then you monster

I have 3 dogs. My 8 yr old we had in san diego and it is very dog friendly. 2nd one we got in illinois where dogs are mostly forbidden. Our 3rd guy we found in metro atlanta. Dogs 2&3 dont do well in public and hence, we dont take them many places. Our first dog goes everywhere acceptable. This is mostly patio restaurants, dog friendly breweries, and sometimes home depot if we want to give him some social interaction he craves. It depends on the situation and no we dont take him everywhere. Unfortunately i think many rookie dog owners try to force their pups into situations they may not do well in. At same time, get off your high horse and pet a ****ing dog every now and then you monster

FAK YOU YOU FAKIN FAK.

SMH. Are you also one of those people that think that having animals is the equivalent of having children?

I am with you on this one.

Reactions: KnighttimeJoe
LOL at a dog craving social interaction at Home Depot.

The_Dogman.jpg

You really shouldn't even bring your dog to bars with you if you're just going to leash them to your chair and make them suffer in the heat while you yuck it up with your buddies. I see this all the time walking Beach Dr in St Pete. The dog looks totally miserable while panting to death.

ADVERTISEMENT