ADVERTISEMENT

DOJ reveals redacted affidavit on Mar-a-lago Raid

Nothing burger. I mean, what right does the DOJ and the FBI to invade someone's domicile and search for stuff.

NONE, I TELL YOU. NONE!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: DaShuckster
The dude was President and as such Presidents can and do take stuff when they leave. My thing is this. He has been out of office for 18 months and now they find the urgency to raid his house? If it was so urgent why not do it back in February of 2021? The other thing here is the government classifies a lot of stuff . Ooh, Trump had classified documents. Ok. He had them. What are they about ?

I don't care one way or other here . Not my circus not my monkeys . I do think though the DOJ in their attempt again to put a political hit on the guy are likely just going to give fuel to his 2024 Presidential campaign. I will watch to see how it all plays out.

Reactions: UCFWayne
The dude was President and as such Presidents can and do take stuff when they leave. My thing is this. He has been out of office for 18 months and now they find the urgency to raid his house? If it was so urgent why not do it back in February of 2021?
HEEEELLLLOOOOO. It's been an 'urgent' issue from the day Trump left office. Why do you think the search took place 18 months after he left the White House? The affidavit made clear this business was quietly going on behind-the-scenes long before the FBI's raid on Mar-a-lago.
The other thing here is the government classifies a lot of stuff . Ooh, Trump had classified documents. Ok. He had them. What are they about ?
I don't care one way or other here . Not my circus not my monkeys .
Oh, I dunno. Maybe selling nuclear secrets to the Saudis or the Russians might end up being kind of a big deal.

Last edited:
The dude was President and as such Presidents can and do take stuff when they leave. My thing is this. He has been out of office for 18 months and now they find the urgency to raid his house? If it was so urgent why not do it back in February of 2021? The other thing here is the government classifies a lot of stuff . Ooh, Trump had classified documents. Ok. He had them. What are they about ?

I don't care one way or other here . Not my circus not my monkeys . I do think though the DOJ in their attempt again to put a political hit on the guy are likely just going to give fuel to his 2024 Presidential campaign. I will watch to see how it all plays out.

They can take some stuff but there is a process to it, but no, they cannot just take anything they want.

THey tried to get it back from him. Everyone acting like this is a political hit job seem to overlook the fact Trump could have returned this stuff at anytime (and he did return some things, but obviously not all of it), and it wouldnt have been a big deal at all.

The earlier line from the Trumpster crowd is (and parrotted by Nauti here) is why all-of-a-sudden embarrass a former President by raiding his home? Why not work it out behind-the-scenes? Thanks to the affadavit, we have learned that the DOJ was quietly working with Trump's lawyers to resolve this issue.

I'm curious how the GOP's Congressional leadership -- or Nauti -- is going to explain why Trump didn't return all of the confidential files earlier? If he had, the FBI raid would have produced ...(cue drumroll) ...nothing. THEN Trump supporters would have had some justification if they believed "the DOJ was putting a political hit on Trump."

We have learned through the affadvit that Trump returned SOME of the confidential government files prior to the FBI raid. Subsequently, the raid produced 13 boxes of classified files found in an unsecured location inside Mar-a-logo.

In his response to today's release, Trump said (in all caps) WE GAVE THEM MUCH. The problem is, he didn't return everything. One has to ask, why weren't the additional government files the FBI found given back?

I have family members both in the military and civilian world have top secret clearance or higher. I don't care one way or the other of Trump is charged or set free. My point is and I am spit balling here let's say he truly does have stuff he shouldn't. It just seems to me if it was as bad as they say , then you the DOJ starts laying that case out in public 18 months ago. They could have pushed the issue and embarrassed Trump in the media . They could have pressed it then.

I blame the DOJ here for their piss poor way they went about it. If you want to be transparent and not political they should have done it better earlier and upfront about it. They just sewed the seeds of distrust by a lot of Americans . It's clearly a political case no matter how you slice it with a former President and likely future Presidential nominee.

Y'all can be giddy about this but all too often the media has over played it's hand all things Trump . I will be patient and follow it and see how the drama unfolds before casting judgement of guilty or innocent.

It just seems to me if it was as bad as they say , then you the DOJ starts laying that case out in public 18 months ago. They could have pushed the issue and embarrassed Trump in the media . They could have pressed it then. I blame the DOJ here for their piss poor way they went about it. If you want to be transparent and not political they should have done it better earlier and upfront about it.
um, Nautiknight? That's EXACTLY what the DOJ did!!!

Officials at the DOJ contacted Trump's people early and quietly. If they had immediately 'pushed the issue in public' by embarrassing Trump in the media, wouldn't you've said THAT was 'playing politics' with the former POTUS?

It seems to me as far as you're concerned, the DOJ was damned if they did and damned if they didn't. Ironically, they tried to be non-political and deal with Trump's lawyers quietly, behind-the-scenes. And what happened? They got screwed over by Trump's people for it!

When they came up short on confidential files, playing the 'let's be civil about this' card, what were they supposed to do? Given the gravity of the situation, the DOJ had no other choice but to follow-up with an FBI raid after --- as you mentioned --- 18 months of Trump having the documents at Mar-a-logo after leaving office.

Yet you'd have us all believe that the way this has been handled by the DOJ is
somehow "politically-motivated?" 🤪

um, Nautiknight? That's EXACTLY what the DOJ did!!!

Officials at the DOJ contacted Trump's people early and quietly. If they had immediately 'pushed the issue in public' by embarrassing Trump in the media, wouldn't you've said THAT was 'playing politics' with the former POTUS?

It seems to me as far as you're concerned, the DOJ was damned if they did and damned if they didn't. Ironically, they tried to be non-political and deal with Trump's lawyers quietly, behind-the-scenes. And what happened? They got screwed over by Trump's people for it!

When they came up short on confidential files, playing the 'let's be civil about this' card, what were they supposed to do? Given the gravity of the situation, the DOJ had no other choice but to follow-up with an FBI raid after --- as you mentioned --- 18 months of Trump having the documents at Mar-a-logo after leaving office.

Yet you'd have us all believe that the way this has been handled by the DOJ is
somehow "politically-motivated?" 🤪
You just could have called him a shill. Would have saved you a bunch of time. Because he is a big, greasy, chocolate, shill.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
Trump was funny today. he did a redacted release of one full page with one word on 4 lines.
The words not redacted were Make America Great Again.

Ninja's Twitter post blew me away this morning. But I'd be a hypocrite if I simply took "Tristan's" word for it.

After doing some sleuthing, what IS undeniable at this point is that the CIA did report that an 'unusually high' number of informants were killed last year. What we don't know at this point is whether there's any direct link to that security leak and the confidential files Trump took from the WH.

However, it has been reported that some of the files Trump took to Mar-a-lago included top secret files regarding the identities of CIA informants.

I have family members both in the military and civilian world have top secret clearance or higher. I don't care one way or the other of Trump is charged or set free. My point is and I am spit balling here let's say he truly does have stuff he shouldn't. It just seems to me if it was as bad as they say , then you the DOJ starts laying that case out in public 18 months ago. They could have pushed the issue and embarrassed Trump in the media . They could have pressed it then.

I blame the DOJ here for their piss poor way they went about it. If you want to be transparent and not political they should have done it better earlier and upfront about it. They just sewed the seeds of distrust by a lot of Americans . It's clearly a political case no matter how you slice it with a former President and likely future Presidential nominee.

Y'all can be giddy about this but all too often the media has over played it's hand all things Trump . I will be patient and follow it and see how the drama unfolds before casting judgement of guilty or innocent.
I’m sorry. Didn’t Trump make this a media spectacle? He leaked it to the press. We they served the warrant didn’t they wear plain clothes for a reason? They were trying to discreet.
Such revisionist history.

Ninja's Twitter post blew me away this morning. But I'd be a hypocrite if I simply took "Tristan's" word for it.

After doing some sleuthing, what IS undeniable at this point is that the CIA did report that an 'unusually high' number of informants were killed last year. What we don't know at this point is whether there's any direct link to that security leak and the confidential files Trump took from the WH.

However, it has been reported that some of the files Trump took to Mar-a-lago included top secret files regarding the identities of CIA informants.
Unreal.

Somehow I doubt trump sold out agents to the Saudi's. Better odds are same FBI and DOJ leadership leaking info right now are doing that.

Somehow I doubt trump sold out agents to the Saudi's. Better odds are same FBI and DOJ leadership leaking info right now are doing that.

I dont know what Trump did or didnt do, but what motivation would the DOJ or FBI have to sell out agents to the Saudis?

Who the hell knows, $$ maybe. They leak what they want, when they want, to whoever they want. While hiding the truth they want hidden.

Who the hell knows, $$ maybe. They leak what they want, when they want, to whoever they want. While hiding the truth they want hidden.
So, you think the DOJ and FBI are conspiring with the Saudis to get intelligence assets killed?

We're hearing that Trump's lawyers insisted prior to the raid that all classified documents had been returned. However, the subsequent raid turned up over 100 confidential files that were still at Mar-a-lago.

And tonight we're hearing the DOJ has indicated they have evidence that Trump and his team attempted to deliberately conceal the files they still had.

All this begs the question: Why would Trump do this?

But -- never fear -- our Usual Suspects can explain it all away by telling us the DOJ and the FBI are corrupt and this has all been a politically orchestrated effort to tarnish Poor Donald (as if he's not already up to his ears in trouble because of his actions before, during, and after January 6th.)

But in the same breath, you tell us you seriously doubt Donald Trump would ever be motivated by the prospect of a big score. For a guy not into money, he sure focuses on it a lot.
I don't ever remember saying he wouldn't focus on a big score. That said I don't believe for a second he would sell out agents for one. Would his son in law? That is a different question.

I don't ever remember saying he wouldn't focus on a big score. That said I don't believe for a second he would sell out agents for one.
Nobody knows the specific nature of the confidential files and what makes them so valuable. While the CIA reported that there was an alarming uptick in operatives abroad who were killed last year, we've heard nothing that links those deaths with the Trump files.

Whatever confidential information was contained in those government files, the question remains: why did Trump take them with him to Mar-a-lago? The natural assumption is that he thought they were worth something to him.

One thing is for sure: this isn't going to be swept under the rug. Whether it's some grand conspiracy by the 'Deep State' to politically damage Trump or a former POTUS committing treason, it's eventually all going to come out in the wash. We just need to be patient. One way or the other, there should be plenty of evidence of a crime -- or not.

Agree it isn't going away any time soon. Possibly because of what he has, possibly because he isn't going away.

ADVERTISEMENT