ADVERTISEMENT

Donated Fiesta Bowl Tickets now only $50 (thanx to Donor Match)!!!

UCFBS

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2001
USA
Just got a call from the UCF Ticket Office about my two (2) donated tickets (2x = $300).
They asked if I just wanted a refund ($200) or if I wanted to convert my donation into six (6) tickets.

Apparently an UCF Donor (thank you!) has stepped up, and is now matching donations.
So the tickets are now only $50 ... instead of $150!

So now's the time to donate!
And for those of you that already have (thank you!), you should be receiving a call to choose your option.

Just got a call from the UCF Ticket Office about my two (2) donated tickets (2x = $300).
They asked if I just wanted a refund ($200) or if I wanted to convert my donation into six (6) tickets.

Apparently an UCF Donor (thank you!) has stepped up, and is now matching donations.
So the tickets are now only $50 ... instead of $150!

So now's the time to donate!
And for those of you that already have (thank you!), you should be receiving a call to choose your option.

Thanks for sharing.

Did you take the refund, or convert to 6 tickets?

Thanks for sharing.
Did you take the refund, or convert to 6 tickets?
What do you think I did? ;)

More seriously now ... I didn't want to come off as a 'holier than thou' type, so I purposely didn't say prior.

BTW, the match seems to be limited to 1,000 tickets -- 500 matched for 500 bought.

Not sure why the drop from $150 to $50 ... other than many the Fiesta Bowl allows up to 1,000 to be sold at a discounted price. Unless the matchers are also paying $100 of the $150 on up to 500 tickets.

I didn't inquire further about the details.

But something that makes it easier to sell 1,000 more is awesome, regardless of the details.

Reactions: Knight Strength
I’m ALL for supporting our military, but why not donate tickets to students? There were a lot of kids trying to get the free tickets that didn’t receive any.

I’m ALL for supporting our military, but why not donate tickets to students? There were a lot of kids trying to get the free tickets that didn’t receive any.
The cost is in the travel, not the tickets. Besides, this is for local military, who are already there, and will make the game.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
Just donated 2 through the ticket office. It was quick and painless. Still bummed I won't be there but better than nothing I suppose.
You helped the program just as much as if you went, so that's really what matters most, from the program's standpoint. Well done.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Isn’t that running the risk of donating to a lot of people that will root for the P5 team?
If they are military, and forgo the UCF shirt, and root for the establishment, then I'm not going to get upset about it. They've earned the right, more than anyone else.

But I seriously doubt they do unless they already have ties to LSU.

There may be some risk of that but they are people who live in the Phoenix area so likely to be unaffiliated. The big thing is it helps with our allotment and maybe we win a few fans over as well.
Possibly. But let’s say you live in Orlando and never went to any college. Camping World gives you tickets , any Bowl really, to say Northern Illinois and Washington. You don’t think there’s a chance you’d root for Washington because they are a more recognizable name? Chances are good.

Reactions: AussieKnight
Possibly. But let’s say you live in Orlando and never went to any college. Camping World gives you tickets , any Bowl really, to say Northern Illinois and Washington. You don’t think there’s a chance you’d root for Washington because they are a more recognizable name? Chances are good.

It's a risk but the tickets are coming from UCF directly so hopefully it increases interest.

I'd just root for the 'Huskies' so all my bases were covered. :)

Of course, I'd probably just wear a Gators T-shirt I got from Walmart... or is that UCF nowdays? :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT