ADVERTISEMENT

DON'T FORGET, COACH HEUPEL IS ON OPEN MIKE RADIO IN THE MORNING

MBianchi

Three-Star Recruit
Sep 11, 2002
A public service reminder: Coach Josh Heupel will be on our Open Mike radio show with Mike Bianchi and Brandon Kravitz in the morning at 6:15 a.m. and we will replay it back at 815 a.m. Give me some questions and I will get to as many of them as possible. You can listen to Open Mike every weekday from 6 to 9 a.m. on FM 96.9 and AM 740 in Orlando and on AM 930 in Jacksonville!

Bianchi

Ask him why he feels so emboldened to take all of these chances?

Ok Mike. It’s been suggested now by multiple posters. Ask him about the run game. You’re supposed to be the bulldog and ask the tough questions. Show some balls

Ask him if a little guy like Killins is the best option to continually run up the middle and if some of the other backs might be a more productive option. You know that McCrae and McGowan guy have looked pretty good the last 2 weeks and have both taken it 70 plus yards to the house. They have had other fairly long runs as well.

Or ask him, “coach, I was reading that Greg McCrae, a walk on, was averaging 8.9 yards per rush.”

Ok Mike. It’s been suggested now by multiple posters. Ask him about the run game. You’re supposed to be the bulldog and ask the tough questions. Show some balls

Ask him if a little guy like Killins is the best option to continually run up the middle and if some of the other backs might be a more productive option. You know that McCrae and McGowan guy have looked pretty good the last 2 weeks and have both taken it 70 plus yards to the house. They have had other fairly long runs as well.

Or ask him, “coach, I was reading that Greg McCrae, a walk on, was averaging 8.9 yards per rush.”
McCrae is now on scholarship

Ask him: Remember that part in Ghostbusters where Stantz is like "Everything was fine with our system until the power grid was shut off by dickless here." And then Walter Peck is like "They caused an explosion!" But then the mayor was like "Is this true"? And Venkman was all "Yes it's true. This man has no dick."???

That was awesome.

I know it will all be canned responses but let us know if anything interesting came out of the interview.

Secret about Milton: After pre game warmup decided with medical staff. Thought it was better as a football team if D.Mack took the snaps.

Not talking about injuries. Wouldn't address Milton's injuries or if he is or not.

College Gameday: coach did not watch it. Talked about Herb's comments. End of the day, control what we can control. Didn't seem too bothered.

Coverage units got better the past few weeks. Playing great lane integrity. got some players back that helped. Matthew Wright, absolutely automatic. Loudermilk fantastic job, changing field position. defense, dominant performance.

Gameplan for Mack: Not different playbook. Back up QB always going to have plays he does better. Balance it.

open week schedule: recruit, practice and recruit more.

Since Bianchi won't let Daniels talk about UCF on "The Bridge" from 8:50 - 9:00 (when Jax station carries it...as its ALL about UF and the Jags each day), I will tune in at 9 AM when the intelligent Marc Daniels FINALLY gets to discuss the UNDEFEATED UCF Knights on "The Bridge", AFTER the Jax Radio Station signs off.

Last edited:
I know it will all be canned responses but let us know if anything interesting came out of the interview.

Yeah, I like the idea of watching or listening to coach interviews but they all seem the same.

"I thought we [vague compliment about our play]. We're taking it one game at a time. I'm not going to talk about injuries. Our next opponent is [vague compliment]"

Yeah, I like the idea of watching or listening to coach interviews but they all seem the same.

"I thought we [vague compliment about our play]. We're taking it one game at a time. I'm not going to talk about injuries. Our next opponent is [vague compliment]"
I watch and listen to every interview I can find in the off season but I get my weekly fix in the fall and these guys never give big intel anyway.

Glad to hear they'll do some recruiting.

Waste of time for diehard fans, but it’s good local publicity to be on the radio

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT