ADVERTISEMENT

Dorian Thomas-Robinson UCLA QB

HartfordWhalersFan

Three-Star Recruit
Sep 21, 2019
UCLA not only loses the Sun Bowl to Pitt and Thomas-Robinson gets injured and jeopardizing his draft status. The Sun Bowl was a very entertaining game. UCF is going to have to get bigger and stronger up front on both the offensive and defensive lines very quickly to compete in the Big-12 conference. Both UCLA and Pitt would have put 60 points on UCF this afternoon. I hope Gus hasn’t forgotten how to recruit big-time players to compete in a major football conference.

Pitt had a bunch of guys opt out. They wouldn’t score 60 on us.
I have to disagree. Pitt and UCLA both made splash plays on both sides of the ball. You would never know both teams had players opting out. Chip Kelly(Bruins) and Pat Narduzzi(Panthers) had their teams prepared to play.

UCLA not only loses the Sun Bowl to Pitt and Thomas-Robinson gets injured and jeopardizing his draft status. The Sun Bowl was a very entertaining game. UCF is going to have to get bigger and stronger up front on both the offensive and defensive lines very quickly to compete in the Big-12 conference. Both UCLA and Pitt would have put 60 points on UCF this afternoon. I hope Gus hasn’t forgotten how to recruit big-time players to compete in a major football conference.
They lost to Louisville 24-10. They lost to Ga Tech 26-21. Nice try.

Everyone understands we need more quality depth. We started CUSA in 2005, and even though we had a ton of bounces go our way in 2005, it was 2007 before we really started to be a top dog in that league (and we continued that into the AAC). It’ll take 2-3 seasons to adjust to life in the Big 12, but that could all change if we find a QB.

Last edited:
Reactions: tjb74
Pitt played with 10 starters out including QB Kedon Slovis (2600 passing yds) who transferred to BYU and Izzy Abanikanda (1437 rushing yds and 20 TD) who plans to go in the NFL Draft.

Backup QB Nick Patti and backup RB Rodney Hammond (96 rushing yds against UCLA) and many other back up players beat a very good #18 UCLA 9-3 Team 37-35.

Game went down to the wire.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Reactions: knight_tracker
I have to disagree. Pitt and UCLA both made splash plays on both sides of the ball. You would never know both teams had players opting out. Chip Kelly(Bruins) and Pat Narduzzi(Panthers) had their teams prepared to play.
I did know because I follow other games and watched this one. Having a few splash plays doesnt get you 60 points. Our defense was not the problem. It was our offense not scoring.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT