ADVERTISEMENT

Drop passes? Who drops the most and what can they do to correct?

ReturnOf

Bronze Knight
Jan 6, 2008
One thing we all can agree on, collectively all of our receivers need some "coachem up" from Staff on how to catch the damn ball. Week by week, the number of drops is atrocious.

At least the issue is equally distributed, I've seen ROK, Javon, and Jaylon drop passes during crucial times of the game.

Could it be they just don't have enough rapport or game time with JRP to judge velocity, making that first move without securing the ball, or they just don't locate the ball properly? I don't recall a season where we made so many drops, I'm a bit perplexed to say the least.

If this continues, we need to start looking at some true freshman, Quan Lee, more Townsend, etc,etc,

I almost want to give the drops at home a pass because our lighting is worse than most HS stadiums. I mean, it’s bad, there are dark shadows on all 4 sides of EVERY player, that has to be not only distracting but also too dark to see great. On TV, it looks embarrassing btw.

JRP’s stats would be even more off the charts with half of the drops being caught, probably a win vs Louisville too, but who knows.

Reactions: ReturnOf
ADVERTISEMENT