ADVERTISEMENT

During Louisville game Tommy C. should have become our QB

WellingtonKnight

Four-Star Recruit
Oct 11, 2007
During the Louisville game and almost every game after I didn't want to admit it, but deep down I knew we were very average. I kept thinking we should sacrifice this year to prepare for the big boys in the Big 12. During that Louisville game, The Future of College Football for UCF should have started. Plumlee should have been pulled and Tommy C. should have taken the reigns. Tommy C. could have had a year under his belt to get ready for the Big 12. Remember the Maryland game when KZ replaced Holman? I don't think we would have had the undefeated season and won the Peach Bowl without that crucial year of development for KZ. Plus, I think our season would have been about the same and may have even been better with Tommy C. as QB. I think our average team has only had some success this year because the American conference is very weak this season. The American's top teams, Cinncinati and Tulane, have not looked that strong to me.

Last edited:
Wimbush was replaced by sock boy , not KZ. Don’t ever confuse the two .😡 KZ replaced Holman, but yeah I get your point.

Wimbush was replaced by sock boy , not KZ. Don’t ever confuse the two .😡 KZ replaced Holman, but yeah I get your point.
My bad. I definitely will never mix KZ and sock boy again. Edit has been officially made. My memory is getting worse as I get older.

Last edited:
I would make an awful coach. I am definitely not a football expert, but I bet I am not the only one that thought Tommy should be the QB this year to get some experience. I still have faith in Gus.
I don’t disagree. If Gus really thinks Tommy is the future, this was the perfect situation to throw him out there and let him learn before Big 12 play starts. There was no obvious starter going into this season. That said, we don’t know what goes down all week/season at practice, nor do we know what happens off the field. Maybe he just isn’t ready for the starting role.

Judging by player reactions coming out of camp, I thought TC should've been the guy for game 1 if he was close to ready. Im not sure he was physically ready. In the action he got, several times he seemed to get up a little gimpy. Not sure he could have taken the pounding for an entire game, let alone an entire season. But I did think if he was the future, and I posted it on here, then the time should start now. But what do I know? Lets go beat USF and see what happens. If we get into the conference champ game, awesome! If we don't, we get some bowl practice to help some of the younger guys get better. Overall, the team was much improved over last year. Especially on the defensive side of the ball. Lets continue to recruit well and develop players. The rest will take care of itself.

Most popular player is usually the backup QB. Then he plays and struggles. Keene came in and lit it up right away. Then did nothing the rest of half. He had a year under belt last year. So either he didn’t get exponentially better or Gus refuses to let him show it. If Singleton flips to us, people will want him over TC. Its an ingoing cycle. The new guy will be the savior.

I said this earlier in the year too...just scrap the season and give TC practice. I take it back and will glady eat my words if we somehow manage to win our final AAC championship this season and make it to the NY6 bowl, no matter how ugly and sloppy it is.

Reactions: SimpleJack53
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT