ADVERTISEMENT

ECU passing impressively vs USF, but Flowers can't buy a completion

UCFProf

Golden Knight
Nov 13, 2011
After giving up multiple long runs to Flowers, ECU defense belated switched to linemen playing back off the line of scrimmage so LBs could see and react to the quarterback. Seems to be working. What defense-free shoot out, already 31-17 with 9 minutes left in first half. ECU quarterback averaging nearly 20 yds per completion while Flowers is 2/6 for 42 yds.

I guess it's impressive how many points they are putting up w Flowers lack of passing game but I'm still waiting for them to play a team that has a clue on Defense

in other AAC news I'm glad Danny White didn't hire GOL Tree Collins(who I liked at the time). He looks overwhelmed as a Head Coach

Last week's game really gave ECU more confidence in their offense. They just lack a running game. This was a sleeper game I thought USF might be looking past.

Only 2 completions off 7 attempts in the entire half. But why pass if you can put up over 30 points in a half running the ball? UCF can smother the run. Interested in seeing this matchup.

Reactions: Knight_Light
Only 2 completions off 7 attempts in the entire half. But why pass if you can put up over 30 points in a half running the ball? UCF can smother the run. Interested in seeing this matchup.
One of those was a pick six off a receiver's tip.

I would let USF try to beat us passing and completely shut down the run. Hughes can take their top receiver whoever that is

ECU has run off 48 plays from scrimmage vs USF's 27 (and twice the time of possession). This could factor into the 2nd half as the bullies tire from rushing the QB and chasing receivers.

Reactions: Mikesi
Believe it or not, you can do multiple things at the same time on computers nowadays...
Oh ok. Thanks for letting me know. Now I can watch all the USF highlights while I'm watching our game at Spectrum. Can't wait

Oh ok. Thanks for letting me know. Now I can watch all the USF highlights while I'm watching our game at Spectrum. Can't wait

Only if you think your attention span can handle it.

On topic, Flowers just threw another TD. It's crazy how the offense works if receivers catch the ball.

On topic, Flowers just threw another TD. It's crazy how the offense works if receivers catch the ball.

Valdes-Scantling putting some good tape together for the NFL today

Research has repeatedly found that people only think they can multi-task. They cannot. The brain doesn't work that way.

Reactions: Mikesi

I'll make sure that it can't. Bye now. The Cowspen is calling you to come home

S. Florida is vulnerable. Their offense is ok. Their defensive line is ok. linebackers and secondary highly vulnerable.

This is not a top 25 ballclub. We match up very well against them with a healthy OL.

And we're second in interceptions and almost as many INTs per game!
Yea, no UCF isn't... According to NCAA stats and box scores UCF has 6 INT's while USF has 14. USF ranks #1, while UCF is 19th place.
4uhqv9.jpg

Reactions: mgtaylorfl
Pretty much. Flowers isn't the best thrower but our receivers drop lots of passes. Idk why but we haven't had dependable receivers in a decade or so.

The reason is simple. UCF takes all the great recievers.

Seriously it's frustrating watching USF drop beautifully thrown balls. Not only do you miss big opportunities but it also takes you out of rhythm. USF should just fire their WR coach now. I hope you keep him.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT