ADVERTISEMENT

Eggs not linked to cardiovascular risk, despite conflicting advice

NinjaKnight

Todd's Tiki Bar
Feb 18, 2007
tl;dr fat isn't and never has been bad for you. We've been lied to.

Eating up to 12 eggs a week does not increase cardiovascular risk factors in people with pre-diabetes or type 2 diabetes, new research finds – despite conflicting dietary advice continuing around the world.

This is just one of many studies showing the old terrible advice of "eating fat makes you fat" is pure BS. It shouldn't be hard to figure out empirically, given the "war on fat" over the last few decades yet Americans waistlines growing exponentially.

https://sydney.edu.au/news-opinion/...iovascular-risk--despite-conflicting-adv.html

tl;dr fat isn't and never has been bad for you. We've been lied to.

Eating up to 12 eggs a week does not increase cardiovascular risk factors in people with pre-diabetes or type 2 diabetes, new research finds – despite conflicting dietary advice continuing around the world.

This is just one of many studies showing the old terrible advice of "eating fat makes you fat" is pure BS. It shouldn't be hard to figure out empirically, given the "war on fat" over the last few decades yet Americans waistlines growing exponentially.

https://sydney.edu.au/news-opinion/...iovascular-risk--despite-conflicting-adv.html
Hurry up and enjoy them before they are deadly again next month

Reactions: UCFWayne and UCFBS
Stupidest thing I ever did was cut out eggs and peanuts in my 20s and 30s.

Went back to them in my mid 30s and not only dropped my LDL 70 points (still slightly elevated), but my HDL became perfect.

bacon with breakfast should be a requirement.
All about what finding what works for you. Eating breakfast 5/7 days a week is rubbish imo. As is "snacking" Black coffee. I eat around 2., dinner 6ish M-F. Looking more man less manatee lately.

The only advice that ever worked long term is "everything in moderation"

It's not always what we eat. It's the fact that we eat way too much of it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT