ADVERTISEMENT

Elon Musk is losing it

UCFKnight85

GOL's Inner Circle
Gold Member
May 6, 2003
The guy took his hilarious "kid sub" to Thailand to score some PR points and the British cave expert, who the Thai Government went to first for guidance, basically called him out for being a PR whore.

Musk then called the guy a pedophile on Twitter and doubled down (tweets now gone). Now the British guy is threatening to sue Musk for defamation and Tesla shares are down 2%.

It's also being leaked by Tesla workers that Musk ordered them to cut tons of corners (such as brake testing) to meet the new car output totals.

Then the guy promised to outfit every Flint, Michigan home with water filters and still hasn't done it.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/16/bri...ction-after-elon-musk-calls-him-pedo-guy.html

The mind of a genius is never stable, regardless of what POTUS may say.

The guy took his hilarious "kid sub" to Thailand to score some PR points and the British cave expert, who the Thai Government went to first for guidance, basically called him out for being a PR whore.

Musk then called the guy a pedophile on Twitter and doubled down (tweets now gone). Now the British guy is threatening to sue Musk for defamation and Tesla shares are down 2%.

It's also being leaked by Tesla workers that Musk ordered them to cut tons of corners (such as brake testing) to meet the new car output totals.

Then the guy promised to outfit every Flint, Michigan home with water filters and still hasn't done it.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/16/bri...ction-after-elon-musk-calls-him-pedo-guy.html
He made the Flint promise late last week. Maybe it's a bit too soon to say that's a broken promise?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jul/12/elon-musk-flint-fund-clean-water-contamination

I'm a big fan of this billionaire space race between him, Bezos, and Richard Branson, we're seeing things that a lot of aerospace companies said weren't possible like the Falcon 9 program. That said, they're all eccentric dicks that don't give a shit because they have ungodly amounts of money. Until they start going full Howard Hughes and start collecting their urine in jars I can deal with it.

I'm a big fan of this billionaire space race between him, Bezos, and Richard Branson, we're seeing things that a lot of aerospace companies said weren't possible like the Falcon 9 program.
In the regard, one has to cheer on Musk for breaking the virtual monopoly the ULA held over the country, which is not just a cost issue, but a national security issue. The country needs at least two (2) heavy lift capable vehicles.

That said ...

That said, they're all eccentric dicks that don't give a shit because they have ungodly amounts of money. Until they start going full Howard Hughes and start collecting their urine in jars I can deal with it.
True 'dat. Although Hughes really didn't hurt anyone either, far less than the corrupt politicians in a post-WWII US.

Although it is sad to see Musk stoop to this level. I honestly think Musk was trying to help, albeit probably too much so, and probably didn't deserve the attacks he got. But his response just really went way, way too low.

He's obviously not over Dec 16th 1991.
He'll never get over macho grande
You just can't say something that funny without an associated meme ...
CNk3p8YXAAAAC1i.jpg

Reactions: The Branch
Elon has now hinted that he’s taking Tesla private out of the blue, before the Board has approved, at a price target that is totally random and nuts ($420 a share) and with no idea how he can find the $80B needed in cash to do this.

Now CNBC is djdchssing the possibility he’s manipulating the stock price and violating SEC rules

And now he’s put himself in a really bad corner to be in

Elon has now hinted that he’s taking Tesla private out of the blue, before the Board has approved, at a price target that is totally random and nuts ($420 a share) and with no idea how he can find the $80B needed in cash to do this.

Now CNBC is djdchssing the possibility he’s manipulating the stock price and violating SEC rules

And now he’s put himself in a really bad corner to be in
I'm beginning to think he doesn't give a shit anymore. He's bordering on John McAfee eccentricity at this point. Given some of the first-hand accounts I've heard about lifestyle choices, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that it might be chemically induced (and I'm not talking about the $420/share).

It's obvious that the only reason he did this was to flip the bird to all of the shorts.

Reactions: UCFBS
I'm beginning to think he doesn't give a shit anymore. He's bordering on John McAfee eccentricity at this point. Given some of the first-hand accounts I've heard about lifestyle choices, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that it might be chemically induced (and I'm not talking about the $420/share).

It's obvious that the only reason he did this was to flip the bird to all of the shorts.

The shorts will get their revenge when he's indicted for securities fraud.

Reactions: EweSeaEff
So when is Elon going to have a press conference like Tony Stark in Iron Man and announce that Tesla is no longer making cars?

Reactions: UCFWayne
So when is Elon going to have a press conference like Tony Stark in Iron Man and announce that Tesla is no longer making cars?

Tesla as a car company will be done soon. They’re not profitable and run by a nut who wants to do everything but make cars.

The big American autos are investing heavy in the electric car space. And they will be around to actually service their cars; Tesla may not.

Tesla as a car company will be done soon. They’re not profitable and run by a nut who wants to do everything but make cars.

The big American autos are investing heavy in the electric car space. And they will be around to actually service their cars; Tesla may not.
I actually forsee Tesla selling its infrastructure to Ford in a major pr victory for both companies.

Not quite at McAfee levels of insanity yet.

Fun fact about McAfee, for anyone who remembers Tailgaters near the new basketball arena....McAfee murdered the owner in Belize. Can't make this shit up.

Partly to Elon's defense, I will say that any man -- billionaire or not -- that has to live with the fact that his 72 year old father got his 30 year old stepdaughter pregnant (someone the dad knew since she was 4 years old) ... that alone might push most of us close to the brink as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT