ADVERTISEMENT

Emerging Political Cults

It may or may not be the case but it sure as hell isn't a stretch. At the end of the day we are spiritual beings having a human experience. No, you don't need organized religion for spiritual experience but it obviously can provide a helpful framework. When that disappears it doesn't change the quest people have for something to believe in and connect to.

We know fewer people are operating with traditional religious frameworks so there are 3 choices as I see it..

- They've adopted a more coherent model.

- They've adopted a less coherent model.

- There is no substitute model.

Only 2 seem likely and both terrify me.

It may or may not be the case but it sure as hell isn't a stretch. At the end of the day we are spiritual beings having a human experience. No, you don't need organized religion for spiritual experience but it obviously can provide a helpful framework. When that disappears it doesn't change the quest people have for something to believe in and connect to.

We know fewer people are operating with traditional religious frameworks so there are 3 choices as I see it..

- They've adopted a more coherent model.

- They've adopted a less coherent model.

- There is no substitute model.

Only 2 seem likely and both terrify me.
Why would any one of them scare you? If you have recognized the problem with organized religion and found some level of gnosis and peace then the outcome of what happens in this lifetime really doesnt matter. When we get to the point of talking about eternal salvation that is based in personal belief, there really isn't much to worry about.

So I think a question that needs to be answered first is, are people leaving the church but keeping the spiritual framework or are they leaving it all?

If just leaving the organized aspect of it then fine, no real concern. I used "framework" in my initial response intentionally bc my interpretation is more people are leaving the church and its teachings than just leaving the physical church. And if that's the case and the masses have found their own peace through other means, I would expect to see a different society than the one we've been seeing even pre 2020.

So then there's either a void that needs to still be filled, which of course could be scary if never filled. Or they've adopted a new sense making framework that is subpar. For all of religions faults I think the benefits are pretty clear.

As far as this cult of woke... Whatever. I'm more interested in the broader question. Generally speaking, when you remove a religious framework, what do we see as taking its place?

I would love to believe most people are able to find their own level of peace, I just don't believe it to be the case.

Reactions: sk8knight
So I think a question that needs to be answered first is, are people leaving the church but keeping the spiritual framework or are they leaving it all?

If just leaving the organized aspect of it then fine, no real concern. I used "framework" in my initial response intentionally bc my interpretation is more people are leaving the church and its teachings than just leaving the physical church. And if that's the case and the masses have found their own peace through other means, I would expect to see a different society than the one we've been seeing even pre 2020.

So then there's either a void that needs to still be filled, which of course could be scary if never filled. Or they've adopted a new sense making framework that is subpar. For all of religions faults I think the benefits are pretty clear.

As far as this cult of woke... Whatever. I'm more interested in the broader question. Generally speaking, when you remove a religious framework, what do we see as taking its place?

I would love to believe most people are able to find their own level of peace, I just don't believe it to be the case.
So if I'm interpreting this correctly, you are saying that you're worried about people walking away from faith altogether and then filling the void with something else. Correct or not?

The fringe are the nutjobs who go around characterizing the defund the police movement as an effort by cities to "gut their police force."

LOL

Yea, I’m sure slashing 10-15% from your PD overnight is really going a long way to strengthen your force. No, not at all gutting it!

Maybe you should go tell that to Carmen Best since she must have this all wrong when a bunch of loser white Marxists in Seattle drove her to resign as the most prominent black female police chief in the nation.

So if I'm interpreting this correctly, you are saying that you're worried about people walking away from faith altogether and then filling the void with something else. Correct or not?

Yes. Not saying that it can't be done successfully, just hesitant to believe the things most people turn to end up being the most beneficial... Particularly young people.

Yes. Not saying that it can't be done successfully, just hesitant to believe the things most people turn to end up being the most beneficial... Particularly young people.
It can't be done successfully. People have an innate need for a code of conduct and replacing morals with ethics is a disaster. Every time its been tried it ends in a lot of people dying.

Well there you go. I'm inclined to belive the same but wanted to leave some wiggle room.

Ok then, so what types of models do you see people turning to if not religious or faith based? And of those leaving traditional churches what do you think the split is between those that are still believers going the path alone vs those that have left the faith entirely?

Has Joe Biden ever been asked about Antifa? BLM kicking people’s skulls in? Left wingers burning cities down? Lol oh, of course not
Trump is asked in a White House presser about wacko losers living in their parents' basement who believe in a far-right "Deep State" conspiracy theory about pedophiles and cannibals and the POTUS says he hears they love him so he's cool.

But you actually respond by saying, yeah, but has Joe ever been asked about Antifa?'

🤪

Let me say right up front that the man you accuse of dementia would handle that softball question without people going, "WTF???" the way everybody did when Trump answered what should have been a softball question about Quanon.

Our board's resident Trumpsters' defense of our idiot Commander-in-Chief keeps hitting new levels of ridiculousness.

Except rich people take from other people all the damn time, just look at the bank bailouts or some of these wealthy companies who took PPP loans.
Privatize the gains and socialize the losses. Don't be a dummy, vote for the scummy. #Trump2020 #Neverstepdown #orange4ever

Privatize the gains and socialize the losses. Don't be a dummy, vote for the scummy. #Trump2020 #Neverstepdown #orange4ever

Is that what the left wing mobs in the streets are doing? Socializing the losses? Burn down those franchise owners and small businesses - damn the rich people!

Is that what the left wing mobs in the streets are doing? Socializing the losses? Burn down those franchise owners and small businesses - damn the rich people!
No, that's what the billionaires are doing when they take massive taxpayer funded bailouts. It's what the private equity funds, with billions in dry powder, are doing when they pay lobbyists to try and get taxpayer funded PPP loans for their companies rather than dip into their uninvested capital.

The "mobs in the streets" (not to be confused with peaceful protestors) are commiting crimes. Unfortunately for the point you are trying to make, less than 1% of "the left" is out in the streets protesting right now, far fewer people are commiting crimes like you say.

Trump literally just tweeted that the deep state is responsible for keeping w covid vaccine from coming out until after the Nov election.

There are no words to express this level of stupidity.

My personal go-to’s are “Batshit Crazy”

Simple masks that are proven to stop the spread of covid: infringing muh freedom!!!

Complex vaccine isn't ready before election day: the deep state! (Ignore the fact that POTUS called this a democratic hOaX for the first 4 months)

Seriously fuk you trump supporting pieces of shit. Your stupidity is killing people.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT