ADVERTISEMENT

Enjoy Gabe Davis this season

I was just watching the game on dvr and yes, agreed. NFL caliber. They should really protect him. He doesn't need the stats. He is in. Just use him when we really need him. Protect his body and no chances to get hurt. I hope they bought the insurance. Go KNights.

Don't be surprised if Tre has a big year that he might not consider going pro as well......he looked pretty damn good yesterday

Remember Snelson?

Trystan Hill’s isn’t starting his career out too well either

Let’s see how things pan out this year and what the “experts” think before we start crowning him a first rounder or whatever

Apparantly the corner that Gabe lined up against is some projected first round talent, many arguing he might be the best corner in college football.

Hasn't given up a TD since week 9 of last year.
And Davis cooked him all day.

If he is projected a 3rd pick or better he should leave. One injury ruins chance to get paid and teams don’t hesitate to cut you.

Everyone should chase paper, there is no age limit if finishing school. Can’t always earn millions in the span of a few years

Too many guys getting bad advice from their “uncle” and are now unemployed.

The list is endless. Only the best of the best make the NFL and there are dozens of college teams with great wide receivers.

Hope Gabe gets good advice and doesn’t get caught up with people who know nothing about football and greedy agents hanging that carrot in front of him.

Player declares and find out that he’s the 20th best WR. By then it’s too late

The guys on the ESPN broadcast yesterday said Gabe is a projected 1st rounder. He gone!
Ha!! Yeah., they know. They probably said that on every broadcast about some player

I remember them saying that Greedy Williams was a lock at 10-15 and he went 46th

Just like they say UCF is hot garbage

Reactions: Endeavor.
Gabe loves Bam like a true brother. This is by far the most close knit family in the history of the program. Plus Gabe doesn't strike me as a paper chaser. Unless he's projected as 1st or 2nd round pick, I think he stays.
Lol guys don’t fall for it

same as ‘But Coach _______ loves living in Orlando!’

Just don’t want to have Black and Gold glasses and say everyone who is a great UCF player is a first rounder

Gabe has size, speed and hands.

However, the reality is that he had 10 receptions for 229 yards and 3 TDS

None of that puts him in the top 15 in the nation.

Hopefully his production will increase with DG gaining more experience

Player declares and find out that he’s the 20th best WR. By then it’s too late
Facts, most players know when its a for sure thing. Trysten Hill was in contact with the Cowboys since they came to his pro day, it was almost a certainty.

The media will spend the entire combine and offseason talking about the players who are most likely 1st or 2nd round.

Definitely shouldn't rush into declaring unless you are sure.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Why are you always a Debbie Downer or a hypocrite?
I know, right? Why are we posting this crap after 3 games?

Who gives a crap? Can’t we just enjoy the season?

Let’s post about how DG is going to transfer to a P5 school or sit out the next 2 years to avoid injury before the 2022 NFL Draft

Oh.. and Heupel.

He’s gone as well.

Jeff Lebby??

Tennessee is on him like a fly on fresh sh_t

Last edited:
Reactions: LemmyKilmister
I know, right? Why are we posting this crap after 3 games?

Who gives a crap? Can’t we just enjoy the season?

Let’s post about how DG is going to transfer to a P5 school or sit out the next 2 years to avoid injury before the 2022 NFL Draft

Oh.. and Heupel.

He’s gone as well.

They are all gone eventually.

Him watching his best friend lose a season to injury should be a convincing factor to go when he can. He seen one player maybe lose his career and another lose a season.

Just don’t want to have Black and Gold glasses and say everyone who is a great UCF player is a first rounder

Gabe has size, speed and hands.

However, the reality is that he had 10 receptions for 229 yards and 3 TDS

None of that puts him in the top 15 in the nation.

Hopefully his production will increase with DG gaining more experience

Not sure what "not being in the top 15 in the nation" statistically has to do with any of this, that is nonsense. Davis plays for a team that has been up by 28+ points for the majority of the season, game flow has dictated his numbers. His YPC average leads the conference, that matters. His film yesterday against a first round pick (and getting the best of him), that matters. Not leading the nation in certain stats doesn't matter, come on.

If Davis has a chance to make money playing football, he should (and will) declare, there's no counter-argument to getting paid in a sport where you're always one hit away from never playing again. He's been at UCF for three years; I'm sure he can finish the remaining classes he needs to graduate with online classes. Get the money while you can, get the degree later on as well.

I've also seen you mention Perriman and Snelson (numerous times) as arguments against leaving school early. Perriman was a first round pick, his advice to leave was obviously correct (he's still in the league collecting money btw, so underachieving on the field doesn't really relate to this argument).

No, unfortunately things didn't work out for Snelson with the Jags. But what does he gain my coming back? UCF has a difficult enough time spreading the ball around to McCrae, AK, Otis, Davis, Nixon, etc. They are one of the best rushing teams in the country, I don't think Snelson was going to come back and change anyone's minds by catching a bunch of balls. His story is not over; he will get another chance somewhere.

Part of being a dominant program is having NFL caliber-players. No reason talking ourselves out of that, embrace it. That's why recruiting/depth is so important. Next man up.

Yes, enjoy Davis this year - can't take for granted what UCF has in him. But he's gone and I'm happy for him.

Reactions: KnightLife1
That is why they need to protect him this year. Only use him when we really need him and as a decoy. He is gone, no doubt. But, lets not get him injured when the game is a blow out...uh, hate to say it, like his good friend Bam did.

Not sure what "not being in the top 15 in the nation" statistically has to do with any of this, that is nonsense. Davis plays for a team that has been up by 28+ points for the majority of the season, game flow has dictated his numbers. His YPC average leads the conference, that matters. His film yesterday against a first round pick (and getting the best of him), that matters. Not leading the nation in certain stats doesn't matter, come on.

If Davis has a chance to make money playing football, he should (and will) declare, there's no counter-argument to getting paid in a sport where you're always one hit away from never playing again. He's been at UCF for three years; I'm sure he can finish the remaining classes he needs to graduate with online classes. Get the money while you can, get the degree later on as well.

I've also seen you mention Perriman and Snelson (numerous times) as arguments against leaving school early. Perriman was a first round pick, his advice to leave was obviously correct (he's still in the league collecting money btw, so underachieving on the field doesn't really relate to this argument).

No, unfortunately things didn't work out for Snelson with the Jags. But what does he gain my coming back? UCF has a difficult enough time spreading the ball around to McCrae, AK, Otis, Davis, Nixon, etc. They are one of the best rushing teams in the country, I don't think Snelson was going to come back and change anyone's minds by catching a bunch of balls. His story is not over; he will get another chance somewhere.

Part of being a dominant program is having NFL caliber-players. No reason talking ourselves out of that, embrace it. That's why recruiting/depth is so important. Next man up.

Yes, enjoy Davis this year - can't take for granted what UCF has in him. But he's gone and I'm happy for him.
Stick with predicting scores (major fail) and being “an expert” who covers sports for a living and let real knowledgeable fans who actually know something stick to predicting who’s ready for the NFL

How is a topic of a talented player going to the NFL 'a negative mindset'? That is good news and should help recruiting

don't get the Snelson comparisons, I wrote last year that he was undersized so unless his rout running was really good he would have a tough time making a rotation.

Glad you know so much after 3 games

Now use that knowledge to show us all the average stats and 40 times of WR’s taken in the 1st round

Stick with predicting scores (major fail) and being “an expert” who covers sports for a living and let real knowledgeable fans who actually know something stick to predicting who’s ready for the NFL

Thought were were talking football, not being childish.

Hmmm, let's see. I said I thought the FAU game was going to be close. I was wrong, and happy to be wrong. I never predicted a score though, just thought the game would be close. Never predicted a score, no idea where you came up with that one.

I also never said I was an expert about anything, I said that I had a credential and covered Orlando sports. I said "casual fans care about things like margin of victory" and that I would never ask a player/coach heading into a game about a topic like that. So again, I don't know...

You seem like a really mature stable person though...

How is a topic of a talented player going to the NFL 'a negative mindset'? That is good news and should help recruiting

don't get the Snelson comparisons, I wrote last year that he was undersized so unless his rout running was really good he would have a tough time making a rotation.
Ok great.

Let’s post all day about how Gabriel or Mack area transferring and Heupel and Shannon are gone

Hmmm, let's see. I said I thought the FAU game was going to be close. I was wrong, and happy to be wrong. I never predicted a score though, just thought the game would be close. Never predicted a score, no idea where you came up with that one.

I also never said I was an expert about anything, I said that I had a credential and covered Orlando sports. I said "casual fans care about things like margin of victory" and that I would never ask a player/coach heading into a game about a topic like that. So again, I don't know...

So what’s Gabe Davis’s 40 time Clairvoyant Cabana Knight?

You predicted a close game because you don’t know as much about sports, just because you cover them. Honestly, that was annoying.

And yes, it does matter to players. Why would they be OK squeaking by FAU? Is that good for moral?

So.. now covering sports makes you a mature and stable person?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT