ADVERTISEMENT

Enjoy Gabe Davis this season

Not sure what "not being in the top 15 in the nation" statistically has to do with any of this, that is nonsense. Davis plays for a team that has been up by 28+ points for the majority of the season, game flow has dictated his numbers. His YPC average leads the conference, that matters. His film yesterday against a first round pick (and getting the best of him), that matters. Not leading the nation in certain stats doesn't matter, come on.
Nobody said that he had to lead the nation in stats

More importantly, who said that that DB was a first rounder? ESPN?

I’m not dissing our guy. I’m just saying who the heck knows at this point where he’s going to be drafted

1st round? Who the heck knows after 3 games

well I'm on a good hit rate on what was gonna happen with the QB position:sunglasses:

just didn't expect such an angry reaction to this topic
Glad I didn’t commit to the QB situation. I just like my QB to be a running threat. Especially in college football. It’s an added dimensions

However, I guess you don’t need to when you’re passing like Tom Brady and Manning

I’m never angry.:cool2::sunglasses:

Last edited:
https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/9/27/20886362/2020-nfl-draft-wide-receiver-class

This article has 15 wide receivers mentioned and doesn’t mention Gabe. Maybe he won’t go as high as I thought. And yes the article has a Liberty receiver in its top 8
I think over the years that UCF fans understandably have an inflated view of our players as far as their draft stock

That being said Gabe is a very good receiver and we all know that it only takes that one team to fall for you

His 40 time will determine a lot

Rannell Hall was a pretty good receiver who didn’t run a good 40 time. Undrafted

Everyone drooled over Perrimans 4.2 and he still is looking like a bust. 1st rounder

Gabe will probably go in rounds 3-4, but could go as high as the late 1st round.

Last edited:
Gabe Davis’ draft stock is rising

There are scouts that look at production and his has gone through the roof

he could be a 70-85 catch guy with 1200-1500 yards and 15-20 TDs

Reactions: Knight Strength
I'm excited to see where Gabriel Davis goes in the draft in a couple of weeks.

This a very deep WR draft class, but I think there's opportunity in the third round for Davis to get picked. It just takes one club to fall in love with him, I'm thinking somewhere in the 75th-95th overall pick range.

What do you all think? What team/situation do you think will be most optimal for Davis (quarterback/depth chart/offensive scheme, etc.)?

I'm excited to see where Gabriel Davis goes in the draft in a couple of weeks.

This a very deep WR draft class, but I think there's opportunity in the third round for Davis to get picked. It just takes one club to fall in love with him, I'm thinking somewhere in the 75th-95th overall pick range.

What do you all think? What team/situation do you think will be most optimal for Davis (quarterback/depth chart/offensive scheme, etc.)?
I'd love to see him opposite DK Metcalf on my Seaturkeys.

I saw the first round draft projections and a lot of WRs are expected to go in the first round. It’s a huge area of need for some teams. That may move Davis up a bit. Probably 4th round. Maybe 3rd. He’s just better than 5th round talent IMO.

Reactions: Knight Strength
How is a topic of a talented player going to the NFL 'a negative mindset'? That is good news and should help recruiting

don't get the Snelson comparisons, I wrote last year that he was undersized so unless his rout running was really good he would have a tough time making a rotation.
Agreed. Scouts value route running and YAC, instead of falling down as soon as you make a catch.

I saw the first round draft projections and a lot of WRs are expected to go in the first round. It’s a huge area of need for some teams. That may move Davis up a bit. Probably 4th round. Maybe 3rd. He’s just better than 5th round talent IMO.
Yes I agree, at least the 4th. I just saw a mock with him going to the Bears in the 4th. It also had Nevelle going in the 7th, which would be a good thing I think.

Yes I agree, at least the 4th. I just saw a mock with him going to the Bears in the 4th. It also had Nevelle going in the 7th, which would be a good thing I think.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...s-255-picks-full-breakdowns-for-all-32-teams/

To the Bills. https://billswire.usatoday.com/2020...ills-secondary-tredavious-white-jordan-poyer/
If he goes there it could be good. Not necessarily for next year but with 2 guys with expiring contracts he could learn for 1 year and then step in.

ADVERTISEMENT