ADVERTISEMENT

Entrance to Spectrum.

firm_bizzle

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Jul 24, 2008
This is something that has bothered me for sometime but on Saturday I reached a boiling point and yelled at a few of the stadium workers about it. We are forced to enter the stadium through certain gates that correspond with your section. When the stadium has 40,000 people attending games, I understand this. I also understand that they want to create an "experience" for each section. For years, I've been forced to walk around the entire stadium in the hot sun just so that I could feel the "experience" of walking through the Cabana entrance. This year, I purchased Tower club seats (mostly due to the influx of Mikesicans into the upper Cabana), there is a special entrance to that as well.
Saturday was another hot day and there was an event at the basketball arena (not CFE anymore), we were directed to drive one way only to make a U-turn because the parking garage was closed? Luckily, I found a parking spot in front of Gringos. I walked my normal route to the SW side of the stadium only to find construction blocking my path forcing me to walk around another building. I get to the stadium drenched in sweat, just wanting to get into some shade. I was told that I was at the wrong gate 3 times. "Why can't I just go inside the stadium where there is shade and walk to my gate?" They had no answer. There were 3000 people at the Spring Game and they are still forcing me to use specific gates in the 90 degree heat???

Why are we not allowed to enter the stadium and walk to our section in the shade?

It made no sense back when you could walk the entire stadium 360 degrees. Now that they block off each side for the cabana I sort of get it but anyone with club seats should be able to enter any available gate

This is something that has bothered me for sometime but on Saturday I reached a boiling point and yelled at a few of the stadium workers about it. We are forced to enter the stadium through certain gates that correspond with your section. When the stadium has 40,000 people attending games, I understand this. I also understand that they want to create an "experience" for each section. For years, I've been forced to walk around the entire stadium in the hot sun just so that I could feel the "experience" of walking through the Cabana entrance. This year, I purchased Tower club seats (mostly due to the influx of Mikesicans into the upper Cabana), there is a special entrance to that as well.
Saturday was another hot day and there was an event at the basketball arena (not CFE anymore), we were directed to drive one way only to make a U-turn because the parking garage was closed? Luckily, I found a parking spot in front of Gringos. I walked my normal route to the SW side of the stadium only to find construction blocking my path forcing me to walk around another building. I get to the stadium drenched in sweat, just wanting to get into some shade. I was told that I was at the wrong gate 3 times. "Why can't I just go inside the stadium where there is shade and walk to my gate?" They had no answer. There were 3000 people at the Spring Game and they are still forcing me to use specific gates in the 90 degree heat???

Why are we not allowed to enter the stadium and walk to our section in the shade?

Imagine yelling at minimum wage stadium workers over something so trivial. You got a good workout out of it. Tighten up.

Problem was you didn't say it with your chest. You looked soft.

When I deal with hourly waged humans, I establish dominance by telling them how I saw my best friend killed thirty clicks outside Ho Chi Minh when a hooker stabbed him in the eye with a half eaten pickle and stole his Sega CD console. I tell them I didn't watch my buddy die face down in the muck with pickle eye so that America would become a fascist regime.

I also have bubbles in my pocket to distract them while I slip away. Those dudes love bubbles.

If your going to a football game at 2:30 on a clear sky 92 degree day I think you should expect being in the sun.

SMH. So you are saying that an elderly person in the hot sun should be forced to walk from gate to gate in the hot sun instead of being allowed to step into the shade to cool off?

I agree it seems rediculous to make people walk all the way around in the sun. Especially at the spring game when attendance is below 50k.

I also understand not letting everyone go in one side of the stadium on busier days. Can you try taking the bus that picks up from garage D?

I also understand not letting everyone go in one side of the stadium on busier days. Can you try taking the bus that picks up from garage D?

Garage D was blocked off. That would have been an even longer walk. I just didn't find it amusing to have young stadium workers that are standing in the shade telling people that are 3-4x their age that they couldn't stand in the shade, to keep walking gate to gate in the sun.

I think you need to Firm up your Bizzle. Reptiles soak in the sun in order to destroy their prey. Sun helps with vitamin D levels. Boo Boo, you don't want rickets, do you?

Reactions: Ucfmikes
SMH. So you are saying that an elderly person in the hot sun should be forced to walk from gate to gate in the hot sun instead of being allowed to step into the shade to cool off?
Exactly. We need to kill off as many of these old farts as possible. They have cluttered up our streets with their oversized cars and over collected on social security long enough.

This is something that has bothered me for sometime but on Saturdaym I reached a boiling point and yelled at a few of the stadium workers about it. We are forced to enter the stadium through certain gates that correspond with your section. When the stadium has 40,000 people attending games, I understand this. I also understand that they want to create an "experience" for each section. For years, I've been forced to walk around the entire stadium in the hot sun just so that I could feel the "experience" of walking through the Cabana entrance. This year, I purchased Tower club seats (mostly due to the influx of Mikesicans into the upper Cabana), there is a special entrance to that as well.

My response to this:

1) Move to NGEbraska. They had a quarter of a million fans at their spring game and were just happy to get out of the snow, so you wouldn’t have to worry about a spring game. It’s been sold out for 2 years

2) Workout more. It sounds like you’re out of shape. You sweat too easily. Some of my friends are overweight and out of shape. One was injured and they walked forever to gate 13.

3). Man up and get tough. Don’t be a prima-donna.

4) Life is tough. They aren’t going to change their entire routine for a spring game.

5) Don’t yell at the staff. That’s very douchebag-like. I make a very good salary now, but I used to push carts at Meat Farms and clean the pots in the hospital kitchen all summer. Sometimes I want to yell at certain staff, but refrain from doing so.

6) Most importantly, drink heavily and you won’t care about any of this [cheers]

I’m more annoyed by the heat during the games lol. If the Romans could build that awning thing for the coliseum so long ago, why can’t we get one for the bounce house

I’m more annoyed by the heat during the games lol. If the Romans could build that awning thing for the coliseum so long ago, why can’t we get one for the bounce house
Romans had slaves from countries like Carthage that they conquered build that sort of stuff for free.

I guess we could get USF and Memphis players and coaches to do it since we have conquered their asses for the past few years

Maybe even their fans or trolls we’ve conquered and made our bitches

Last edited:
Reactions: ahabmw and AAC6800
Why the love for the minimum wage losers in this thread? Most stand around and don’t do anything, have no idea what the policies are or can answer a single question. But they sure can make you dump that bottle of water out at 2:30 pm in 90 degrees.

And don’t get me started on horrible concession stand workers. Slow and bad. When I can’t get a bag of popcorn during all of halftime without missing half the 3rd quarter they suck.

Plus cabana ran out of most good beer at halftime of the spring game and was serving warm canned garbage by the end of it. With only 10k or so in attendance. Same price though. If we want to claim natty’s let’s get on that level with the stadium.

Danny White do something! Make Spectrum Great Again!

Reactions: ahabmw
Why the love for the minimum wage losers in this thread? Most stand around and don’t do anything, have no idea what the policies are or can answer a single question. But they sure can make you dump that bottle of water out at 2:30 pm in 90 degrees.

And don’t get me started on horrible concession stand workers. Slow and bad. When I can’t get a bag of popcorn during all of halftime without missing half the 3rd quarter they suck.

Plus cabana ran out of most good beer at halftime of the spring game and was serving warm canned garbage by the end of it. With only 10k or so in attendance. Same price though. If we want to claim natty’s let’s get on that level with the stadium.

Danny White do something! Make Spectrum Great Again!

They had water stations and encouraged you to use it. So dump it out and go refill. They didn't leave you starved for water.

Somebody has to do those Saturday jobs most people don't want. Go at the end of 1 much less lines. Every sporting event at any level halftime is the most traffic plus popcorn is bad for the body.

Ya for the price of those tickets I agree should have beer on top of more cold beer but those are luxuries I can't afford so insofacto to me. Also we didn't claim.

We need a parking garage on that side of the stadium. I'm sure its in the long term plan to improve the parking and walk.

Agree the service is really horrible sometimes but I try to treat everybody like I want to be treated. The way we treat people says something about us.

But this is FL where uneducated people with no skills have s***ty attitudes. One time I was served a full cup of ice with a half cup of Diet Coke over it. When I asked the woman behind the counter to fill it the rest of the way she looked me in the eye and handed me the half full cup. Another time I tried asking for no ice and got a cup filled 3/4 lol. It's like they're trained that the foam counts.

I just bring a water bottle now. No point in ruining my experience and spending $10 when I can just have cold water instead.

Reactions: JuliusTrey
We need a parking garage on that side of the stadium. I'm sure its in the long term plan to improve the parking and walk.

Agree the service is really horrible sometimes but I try to treat everybody like I want to be treated. The way we treat people says something about us.

But this is FL where uneducated people with no skills have s***ty attitudes. One time I was served a full cup of ice with a half cup of Diet Coke over it. When I asked the woman behind the counter to fill it the rest of the way she looked me in the eye and handed me the half full cup. Another time I tried asking for no ice and got a cup filled 3/4 lol. It's like they're trained that the foam counts.

I just bring a water bottle now. No point in ruining my experience and spending $10 when I can just have cold water instead.

I rarely get mad at people for doing their job. I completely understand that they were probably telling us what they were told to do. My frustration, and I wasn't the only one (a lady was cursing at them), was that they would hang out in the shade, come out to us in the sun, then go back into the shade. When we tried to go back with them into the shade to ask more questions about which gate to go to, we were told that we couldn't stand there (in the shade, we needed to move 3 feet into the sun). This happened for 3 gates.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Romans had slaves from countries like Carthage that they conquered build that sort of stuff for free.

I guess we could get USF and Memphis players and coaches to do it since we have conquered their asses for the past few years

Maybe even their fans or trolls we’ve conquered and made our bitches
Student labor :sunglasses:

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Does it matter how much money someone naked in reference to them asking you to do it not do something?

I used to really enjoy being able to walk around underneath the stadium It was more convenient to get more food/drink options. It was easier to move around and pop up to get good picture vantage points. And to go over and visit friends in different sections at half time. And it obviously made entry/exit a lot easier for everyone. I also think the chain link fencing dividers are the tackiest thing ever and really detract from the stadium. I think that new set up really detracts from the game day experience in the stadium.
No comment on having to walk in the sun or generally being nice to people as a rule. : )

FB just hire someone

umbrella-servant.jpg

I hear Steve Spurrier is looking for a gig

Reactions: ahabmw
They had water stations and encouraged you to use it. So dump it out and go refill. They didn't leave you starved for water.

Somebody has to do those Saturday jobs most people don't want. Go at the end of 1 much less lines. Every sporting event at any level halftime is the most traffic plus popcorn is bad for the body.

Agreed. Who is going to serve at the concessions. Then you respond well make it buffet. Well who is going to refill the buffet trays? Its not going to refill itself.

Garage D was blocked off. That would have been an even longer walk. I just didn't find it amusing to have young stadium workers that are standing in the shade telling people that are 3-4x their age that they couldn't stand in the shade, to keep walking gate to gate in the sun.
Man up dude.. I am almost 64 and work in the sun all summer long...
U are sounding like one of these wild daisy millennials.

I rarely get mad at people for doing their job. I completely understand that they were probably telling us what they were told to do. My frustration, and I wasn't the only one (a lady was cursing at them), was that they would hang out in the shade, come out to us in the sun, then go back into the shade. When we tried to go back with them into the shade to ask more questions about which gate to go to, we were told that we couldn't stand there (in the shade, we needed to move 3 feet into the sun). This happened for 3 gates.

Ok...if you want to trade places with those minimum wage workers...you can tell your supervisor that you would rather stand in the SUN (out of position and further away from your assigned position) while you earn minimum wage.

Also, ALL parking info was posted online multiple times...as it was well known where free parking was noted for the football game (i.e. all stadium and softball lots), which garages were fee only and which garages were reserved for the CFE Arena event.

PS. Congrats on getting out of the Cabana...you will LOVE the shade "in your seats" of the Stadium Club.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT