ADVERTISEMENT

Entrance to Spectrum.

OMG! I am soooo pissed right now! I was in the check out line at Publix and I clearly asked for paper bags. This MF'ing bagger gave me plastic when I asked for paper. I cussed him out in front of the entire store. They are gonna learn not to mess with FB! :uzi:

OMG! I am soooo pissed right now! I was in the check out line at Publix and I clearly asked for paper bags. This MF'ing bagger gave me plastic when I asked for paper. I cussed him out in front of the entire store. They are gonna learn not to mess with FB! :uzi:
Lmao

Man up dude.. I am almost 64 and work in the sun all summer long...
U are sounding like one of these wild daisy millennials.

Man up my ass.

Tell that to my father who had cancer and struggled to walk to the Meadowlands and needed a cart.

Man up to the veterans who are disabled due to senseless US wars.

Not everyone is you.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
This is something that has bothered me for sometime but on Saturday I reached a boiling point and yelled at a few of the stadium workers about it. We are forced to enter the stadium through certain gates that correspond with your section. When the stadium has 40,000 people attending games, I understand this. I also understand that they want to create an "experience" for each section. For years, I've been forced to walk around the entire stadium in the hot sun just so that I could feel the "experience" of walking through the Cabana entrance. This year, I purchased Tower club seats (mostly due to the influx of Mikesicans into the upper Cabana), there is a special entrance to that as well.
Saturday was another hot day and there was an event at the basketball arena (not CFE anymore), we were directed to drive one way only to make a U-turn because the parking garage was closed? Luckily, I found a parking spot in front of Gringos. I walked my normal route to the SW side of the stadium only to find construction blocking my path forcing me to walk around another building. I get to the stadium drenched in sweat, just wanting to get into some shade. I was told that I was at the wrong gate 3 times. "Why can't I just go inside the stadium where there is shade and walk to my gate?" They had no answer. There were 3000 people at the Spring Game and they are still forcing me to use specific gates in the 90 degree heat???

Why are we not allowed to enter the stadium and walk to our section in the shade?

With a thread title like that, I was expecting to see discussion about a draw bridge over a moat and archers with flaming arrows standing atop turrets on each corner of the stadium.

Just do less. Just like street traffic if you open up all the entrances to all fans it will naturally even out based on wait times and the path of least resistance.

Don't get me started on the cops traffic plan leaving the game. We may need a new thread for that. They literally shut down lanes of traffic and direct people out of garage D around the whole campus loop. The main rule of traffic control is always have as many lanes open. Also I am consistenly yelled at by the cops to not walk in lanes of Orion Blvd. that are shut down, makes a lot of sense.

And was there a sale on traffic cones that I didn't know about? They put one every four inches down Orion Blvd. Seems excessive.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Just do less. Just like street traffic if you open up all the entrances to all fans it will naturally even out based on wait times and the path of least resistance.

Don't get me started on the cops traffic plan leaving the game. We may need a new thread for that. They literally shut down lanes of traffic and direct people out of garage D around the whole campus loop. The main rule of traffic control is always have as many lanes open. Also I am consistenly yelled at by the cops to not walk in lanes of Orion Blvd. that are shut down, makes a lot of sense.

And was there a sale on traffic cones that I didn't know about? They put one every four inches down Orion Blvd. Seems excessive.
They to come up with an optimal plan and stick to it. If it takes some trial and error thats fine but they switch the routes frequently and it leade to more confusion.

My point is that the plan is very far from optimal.
That is also my point. I worked law enforcement for a few years and directed my fair share of traffic. The cops they have on game day seem to not know the most basic rules of traffic control. I'm pro LE but cops can be lazy and it infuriates me on game days.

I used to really enjoy being able to walk around underneath the stadium It was more convenient to get more food/drink options. It was easier to move around and pop up to get good picture vantage points. And to go over and visit friends in different sections at half time. And it obviously made entry/exit a lot easier for everyone. I also think the chain link fencing dividers are the tackiest thing ever and really detract from the stadium. I think that new set up really detracts from the game day experience in the stadium.
No comment on having to walk in the sun or generally being nice to people as a rule. : )
Yea, halftime used to be like a big reunion. I guess those days are over

UCF shouldve worked on public transportation beyond busses decades ago. Their couldve been UCF movers traveling around campus to Alafaya and University.

Do they have theme park sized shuttle carts to move fans back and forth from the parking lot to the stadium?

This is something that has bothered me for sometime but on Saturdaym I reached a boiling point and yelled at a few of the stadium workers about it. We are forced to enter the stadium through certain gates that correspond with your section. When the stadium has 40,000 people attending games, I understand this. I also understand that they want to create an "experience" for each section. For years, I've been forced to walk around the entire stadium in the hot sun just so that I could feel the "experience" of walking through the Cabana entrance. This year, I purchased Tower club seats (mostly due to the influx of Mikesicans into the upper Cabana), there is a special entrance to that as well.
Saturday was another hot day and there was an event at the basketball arena (not CFE anymore), we were directed to drive one way only to make a U-turn because the parking garage was closed? Luckily, I found a parking spot in front of Gringos. I walked my normal route to the SW side of the stadium only to find construction blocking my path forcing me to walk around another building. I get to the stadium drenched in sweat, just wanting to get into some shade. I was told that I was at the wrong gate 3 times. "Why can't I just go inside the stadium where there is shade and walk to my gate?" They had no answer. There were 3000 people at the Spring Game and they are still forcing me to use specific gates in the 90 degree heat???

Why are we not allowed to enter the stadium and walk to our section in the shade?
My response to this:

1) Move to NGEbraska. They had a quarter of a million fans at their spring game and were just happy to get out of the snow, so you wouldn’t have to worry about a spring game. It’s been sold out for 2 years

2) Workout more. It sounds like you’re out of shape. You sweat too easily. Some of my friends are overweight and out of shape. One was injured and they walked forever to gate 13.

3). Man up and get tough. Don’t be a prima-donna.

4) Life is tough. They aren’t going to change their entire routine for a spring game.

5) Don’t yell at the staff. That’s very douchebag-like. I make a very good salary now, but I used to push carts at Meat Farms and clean the pots in the hospital kitchen all summer. Sometimes I want to yell at certain staff, but refrain from doing so.

6) Most importantly, drink heavily and you won’t care about any of this [cheers]
Thumbs up for the last one...! AP

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Thumbs up for the last one...! AP
Drinking and afternoon Spring games is absolutely killer.

NO MORE DAYTIME SPRING GAMES!!

Yep not a fan of warm beer...I’m sure it had something to do with the other events taking place on campus this year...and possibly stadium turnaround for the Apollo’s game that was supposed to happen...AP

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Softball parking to cabana seats 2 rows up from the field works just fine for me. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT