ADVERTISEMENT

ESP5N Cartel strikes again. Former UConn QB will be an announcer on our game

What does anybody know about ESPN+ which started in April of this year? For $4.99 per month you get a bunch of ESPN sports coverage on the internet. I dumped my cable two years ago as I bought a Smart TV waiting for this type of service. Will it get all ESPN college football games that are on its channels?

Reactions: UCFhonors
What does anybody know about ESPN+ which started in April of this year? For $4.99 per month you get a bunch of ESPN sports coverage on the internet. I dumped my cable two years ago as I bought a Smart TV waiting for this type of service. Will it get all ESPN college football games that are on its channels?
I love ESPN + I am a big boxing guy- and they are showing some major fights on there. But they a ton of other stuff. its 5 bucks worth it.

Do you like cornhole, dodgeball and ultimate frisbee? Then do it! You're not going to see coverage of the Idaho Quidditch league anywhere else.

Reactions: Crazyhole
Do you like cornhole, dodgeball and ultimate frisbee? Then do it! You're not going to see coverage of the Idaho Quidditch league anywhere else.
You're describing typical off football season programming. It has a one week trial period which I'll probably try next month and compare the college games to ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3 and ESPNU before making a final decision.

You're describing typical off football season programming. It has a one week trial period which I'll probably try next month and compare the college games to ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3 and ESPNU before making a final decision.
Correct. I've actually watched all of those things on ESPN2(except for Quidditch, sadly).

I don't know if there is a "rights" issue or something but ESPN should make a new channel and call it "The Ocho". Believe me, the name resonates, and yes, it should show more obscure sports. Maybe they can just make it part of the ESPN+ pay service, or once a week convert one of their regular channels to "The Ocho" and show odd-ball sports and/or sporting events all day. I was bored a week or so ago (because nothing was on) and watched a couple of hours of the Dodgeball World Championships (or whatever it was called). The announcers were great...super into it, and it was actually very interesting to hear about how each team trains, plays by different rules on per-country basis but they all had to play by one set of rules for the tournament, etc... It is the birth of a World-wide sport coming into its own and there is something about that which makes it cool to watch. I tell you what, it was way better than all the dumb talk-shows they play where they babble for 30 minutes (or longer) about nothing, or playing the same 30 minute College Football show 4 times in a row.

I don't know if there is a "rights" issue or something but ESPN should make a new channel and call it "The Ocho". Believe me, the name resonates, and yes, it should show more obscure sports. Maybe they can just make it part of the ESPN+ pay service, or once a week convert one of their regular channels to "The Ocho" and show odd-ball sports and/or sporting events all day. I was bored a week or so ago (because nothing was on) and watched a couple of hours of the Dodgeball World Championships (or whatever it was called). The announcers were great...super into it, and it was actually very interesting to hear about how each team trains, plays by different rules on per-country basis but they all had to play by one set of rules for the tournament, etc... It is the birth of a World-wide sport coming into its own and there is something about that which makes it cool to watch. I tell you what, it was way better than all the dumb talk-shows they play where they babble for 30 minutes (or longer) about nothing, or playing the same 30 minute College Football show 4 times in a row.

Watched womens field hockey once and was really into it. Really athletic sport with a good amount of strength and speed. Really appealed to me from a a sport performance aspect.

They do have an ESPN Ocho - it was showing a Kabbadi game last week. Iran vs India. In case you’re wondering what Kabbadi is, it’s full contact tag. If you can tag a player and make it back to your side without getting tackled and pushed out of bounds, you get a point. They also show a lot of ping pong.

Watched womens field hockey once and was really into it. Really athletic sport with a good amount of strength and speed. Really appealed to me from a a sport performance aspect.
Yeah, please make a thread anytime the Netherlands are playing. Thanks in advance. Um, it's the athleticism for me too...
UvmpqTg.jpg

I consider any hockey to be the toughest support, even when on another type of blade than ice.

Field hockey drops a bit, because of the lack of blading and the related, sheer skiil + momentum involved. But it's still cool to watch.

Reactions: Knight Strength
I log games for the media company that works with ESPN+... College sports is a big part of what is live streamed, however I don't know if you can watch games that are being nationally broadcasted on ESPN+. I know they have conference deals with some of the smaller conferences and will be streaming all those games every week.

I don’t know a lot but ESPN bought UFC rights so I’m willing to bet that will pay off.

Hmm, ESPN+ is intriguing but I'm having trouble finding out if it's worth it.

It doesn't seem to list Xbox One as a supported device which has been my main way of watching games, though I do have the ESPN app on it. One of my problems is my cable doesn't include those secondary ESPN channels like ESPNU, ESPNNews, etc. (which of course we always play on). It would be worth it to me if I knew I would get our games and it worked on Xbox, but I can't seem to find the answer with some halfassed Google-fu. Anyone have any ideas/experiences?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT