ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN+ could be coming to cable

Knight1977

Two-Star Recruit
Oct 7, 2023
Disney is reporting their profit today and breaking out espn financials. Disney plus will be on some cable networks. Financial analysis are saying that direct viewership is not generating the income for Disney and that Disney and ESPN might put all their content back on cable. Disney reports at the close of the market, 4pm.

It's trash that right now all but two of our basketball games are listed as being shown on ESPN+, The Longhorn Network, or the ACC Network. I'm sure some of that could change but two games!?!?!?! Heck, and it says ESPN2/ESPNU and I don't have ESPNU. They can try to extort money from me but it isn't going to work. Glad I'm a season ticket holder. I thought we were stepping up to a premier basketball league and not some pay-to-watch league.

I have to go to a sports pub, seems like once a year, due to it being on espn+. The anaylsis stated Fox does not stream like ESPN and had a better cash flow, hope they move all of sports to TV.

I have to go to a sports pub, seems like once a year, due to it being on espn+. The anaylsis stated Fox does not stream like ESPN and had a better cash flow, hope they move all of sports to TV.
Don't do that. Just debo that crap for free with Sports Fire.

ESPN and Disney are separate now. Even if they go to cable, not that many channels and people already cut cord. Pay an arm and a leg to get cable now.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
ESPN and Disney are separate now. Even if they go to cable, not that many channels and people already cut cord. Pay an arm and a leg to get cable now.
in a few years traditional ‘box cable’ won’t exist

Frontier doesn’t give the option for new customers anymore , they outsource to YouTubeTV. Only grandfathered in customers still have the box till they get tired of the bill increase and cancel for a streaming service.

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
Streaming is the future, maybe/probably, but sales show it's not the current. I killed DirecTv 3 years ago and still laugh at the price I used to pay. BUT, reality is, it's not there yet. Just remember all the drama about PAC's next contract, and the humiliation when it was thought that it would be nearly/all streaming. And everyone who left because of that. Streaming is 'Not ready for primetime" or even Primetime, apparently. Me, I'm hoping cable and ATT/DirecTv DIE!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT