ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN excuses

Courtskils

Four-Star Recruit
Sep 4, 2007
Before, during, and after the game I keep hearing/ reading how GT didn’t have all their starters..... not one mention of UCF losing a starting OL, multiple defensive starters opting out due to COVID (including our top CB) and losing two key player mid game.

I wonder what fair objective reporting would do for this program. #justkeepwinning

Gabriel said it best, I guess we are the best team in Florida

Can't trust the media man. Most of what's reported by major media outlets is true... but nothing is ever reported without some kind of omission or bias. And no situation is ever as good or bad as they make it out to be. They're the best we have though. Alternative news outlets are super slanted.

Reactions: knight_tracker
The announcers were heavily favoring Georgia Tech. I noticed that as well. Then all the Big Ten talk while our game was live was infuriating. I muted it when they went on the big 10 propaganda crap. 1-0 !!!

Before, during, and after the game I keep hearing/ reading how GT didn’t have all their starters..... not one mention of UCF losing a starting OL, multiple defensive starters opting out due to COVID (including our top CB) and losing two key player mid game.

I wonder what fair objective reporting would do for this program. #justkeepwinning

Gabriel said it best, I guess we are the best team in Florida
I think it’s probably due to GT missing way more starters/impact players if I had to guess. Top 2 DE’s, top CB, top DT, top 3 tech DT/DE, top RB, top 2 TE’s. They definitely should mention what both teams are missing though! Like I said in another thread I hope y’all get to move to a power 5 conference, y’all are definitely good enough, and it will only bring y’all in better talent imo.

Reactions: Knight Strength
ESPN announcers are always pulling for one team during their broadcasts. Herbstreit is the worst. UCF will never get a fair shake from ESPN. Especially when playing a Power 5 school.

The announcers were heavily favoring Georgia Tech. I noticed that as well. Then all the Big Ten talk while our game was live was infuriating. I muted it when they went on the big 10 propaganda crap. 1-0 !!!
yep whenever we stopped them on 3rd down it was "Sims missed a few open receivers"
When we got stopped, "GT defense containing the Knights"

Reactions: ucfcracker
I
I think it’s probably due to GT missing way more starters/impact players if I had to guess. Top 2 DE’s, top CB, top DT, top 3 tech DT/DE, top RB, top 2 TE’s. They definitely should mention what both teams are missing though! Like I said in another thread I hope y’all get to move to a power 5 conference, y’all are definitely good enough, and it will only bring y’all in better talent imo.
I don't think GT was missing anything at the RB position. I thought the freshman RB was good. They should have mentioned 10 players opted out. They had plenty of filler time in the 4th quarter to share information. :cool:

I

I don't think GT was missing anything at the RB position. I thought the freshman RB was good. They should have mentioned 10 players opted out. They had plenty of filler time in the 4th quarter to share information. :cool:
At RB we missed a guy who is better inside the tackles and in pass blocking. I agree though Gibbs is really really good. Also some of those 10 players that opted out came back to the team and only 2 or 3 were starters right?

He’s been anti UCF publicly. He had to pretend yesterday.
Not sure I agree with that. I always see him as impartial. Like a politician. But I agree both him and that Marty McGee faker dude blow in the wind like politicians. Don’t let McGees Good ole boy down home accent fool you That guy is a politician that would stab you in the back in a heartbeat.

At RB we missed a guy who is better inside the tackles and in pass blocking. I agree though Gibbs is really really good. Also some of those 10 players that opted out came back to the team and only 2 or 3 were starters right?
Techwreck47 glad to see your still hanging with us you should stick around the rest of the season. It's not uncommon for fans of other teams to post on this forum, because it stays active. :cool:

I did hear that some who opted out might come back... but of the three big contributors who opted out none players yesterday. 1 CB and 2 DTs. Plus the WR, RB, and DT who left during the game.

Reactions: Techwreck47
I did hear that some who opted out might come back... but of the three big contributors who opted out none players yesterday. 1 CB and 2 DTs. Plus the WR, RB, and DT who left during the game.
Yea I feel this may be a regular during the season with covid an what not. Could make teams a lot thinner. Almost ready for next season already lol.

Damn covid. I’ve had Gator season tix since 64. I punted on this year except bought 4 for Kentucky Thanksgiving weekend. normally that would be FSU game. I’m hoping all Covid restrictions are lifted by then. The reason I only cashed in the last game of the year.

I’ll pay $$$$$$$$. To see Cincinnati game this year in person all day too.

If y'all think that broadcast was one sided, you should watch the GT/FSU game from last week with the same announcers lol. If you close your eyes and listen youd think FSU won the game.

Also I do believe our guys out hurt way more than yours. We basically played a 3 man front on D because we didnt have enough DL to run 4.

If y'all think that broadcast was one sided, you should watch the GT/FSU game from last week with the same announcers lol. If you close your eyes and listen youd think FSU won the game.

Also I do believe our guys out hurt way more than yours. We basically played a 3 man front on D because we didnt have enough DL to run 4.
Our guys said in post game that they were not expecting a three man front. It would be interesting if that was the reason.

Our guys said in post game that they were not expecting a three man front. It would be interesting if that was the reason.
That's the first time I can remember seeing a 3 man front from this staff, and knowing that QB pressure is one of best ways to defend you guys, I can't imagine that we would go to a 3 man front instead of 4 when DL is one of our weakest spots already before all the injuries.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT