ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN Gameday Coverage of Big 12 Expansion

ucfjosh2000

Silver Knight
Jan 29, 2003
Orlando, FL
I'm still watching last weeks Gameday, but halfway through and not much talk about the 4 new teams entering the Big 12. Did anybody watch the whole show and did they talk about it more later on? Or is ESPN not going to give it much coverage since it's the Big 12 and they share the TV rights with FOX? So lame if so since it should be a bigger story.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Wow. Herbstreit was asked on his college football podcast how the move for these 4 teams to a Power 5 conference would impact their national perception and he said it wouldn't change anything, it would be based on how the teams performed after the move. Something tells me having an extra 20 million or whatever and being able to tell recruits UCF is on the highest level is going to help right away to bring better talent in which will lead to positive results on the field. He also made another joke about the "fake national championship banner". That dude just does not like UCF and it's pretty funny to me. Twitter mafia got to him.

9/13/21 show

Wow. Herbstreit was asked on his college football podcast how the move for these 4 teams to a Power 5 conference would impact their national perception and he said it wouldn't change anything, it would be based on how the teams performed after the move. Something tells me having an extra 20 million or whatever and being able to tell recruits UCF is on the highest level is going to help right away to bring better talent in which will lead to positive results on the field. He also made another joke about the "fake national championship banner". That dude just does not like UCF and it's pretty funny to me. Twitter mafia got to him.

9/13/21 show
He is annoying

The funny thing is, how would Herbstreit be acting if he went to a school like UCF who is in the G-5 and looked down on by him and a lot of people because of that despite being one of the largest schools in the country, located in a football hotbed? And oh by the way who has beaten Alabama, Georgia, Auburn, Baylor (when they were big 12 champs), and went toe-to-toe with LSU with a backup QB (same LSU that is considered the greatest team ever one year later). With his passion for college football and his team, he would be acting exactly the same way as every passionate UCF fan lol.

9/13/21 show
He’s exactly what ESPN wants…a talking head talking up the SEC, Big10 and Clemson. No idea why they wouldn’t want to broaden their scope by mentioning a little G5 stuff or Big12 major moves, engaging more ppl. They are like Fox News…they target a core base demographic and they don’t actually give you news, they give their base what they want to hear. Classic SOP…I don’t watch Gameday anymore.

All he keeps saying is you have to earn respect over time, ummm, I think UCF has done that Herbie. Quite with that, you're better than that.
A-Holes like him always keep moving the goalposts. I real life I choose not to deal with people business associates who act this way. No pleasing people like them who were born on third and thought they hit a triple. We will always be “nouveau riche” to them and looked down upon. But we will be proud and have way more fun. It is so awesome to see the advancement the school and the program have made when I started here in 96. We built traditions that generations after will be wondering how they got started.

He’s exactly what ESPN wants…a talking head talking up the SEC, Big10 and Clemson. No idea why they wouldn’t want to broaden their scope by mentioning a little G5 stuff or Big12 major moves, engaging more ppl. They are like Fox News…they target a core base demographic and they don’t actually give you news, they give their base what they want to hear. Classic SOP…I don’t watch Gameday anymore.
You would think they would want to build their base of fans from all over the sport.

Reactions: ucfjosh2000
A-Holes like him always keep moving the goalposts. I real life I choose not to deal with people business associates who act this way. No pleasing people like them who were born on third and thought they hit a triple. We will always be “nouveau riche” to them and looked down upon. But we will be proud and have way more fun. It is so awesome to see the advancement the school and the program have made when I started here in 96. We built traditions that generations after will be wondering how they got started.

So true. USF is still perplexed and mad we have such great tradition and culture, they are so jelly. All they have is a stolen horns hand gesture and an empty red stadium with a pirate ship 30 minutes from campus. Hahaha 😝

You would think they would want to build their base of fans from all over the sport.
Exactly. And unlike one of the cable news channels, a little talk of G5 or huge Big12 realignment is not going to put them off. There’s a bigger piece of the pie out there and they are too close minded to care.

So true. USF is still perplexed and mad we have such great tradition and culture, they are so jelly. All they have is a stolen horns hand gesture and an empty red stadium with a pirate ship 30 minutes from campus. Hahaha 😝
You forgot Bulls Peed Ahead and their logo looks like a dick

• Haha
Reactions: 90Knight
If it doesn’t help ESPN or his pay check, he isn’t going to promote it.

He’s a strange character anyways. I won’t forget at our gameday he wasn’t willing to stick around almost immediately after the show ended. The rest of the gameday broadcasters stayed for almost an hour to take pictures and talk with fans lucky enough to get the opportunity.

If it doesn’t help ESPN or his pay check, he isn’t going to promote it.

He’s a strange character anyways. I won’t forget at our gameday he wasn’t willing to stick around almost immediately after the show ended. The rest of the gameday broadcasters stayed for almost an hour to take pictures and talk with fans lucky enough to get the opportunity.
I think he has to prepare for the game because he usually calls it. Not that I’m defending him, he still sucks

It was noon with if I recall correctly a 7 pm kickoff. Since he called the game on ABC here he didn’t have to travel. I completely understand the need to prep/rest or transit to the game.

Last 2 seasons ruined our momentum. Have to get it back.
What sucks is that he did have our back those last two seasons when fat Heup was here. Go look on Twitter, he had us winning big games and generally had out back on things. We obviously went back a step and now it's back to how it was before. He probably got mad that as soon as he turned the corner we started sucking again and made him look like a fool, not that he didn't already.

It doesn’t help we are playing Weekday games and the one Saturday is FCS. Need to give them a reason to talk about us. Bethune isn’t a good reason. Boise and Louisville games are over when the show starts.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
ESPN has UCF as part of one of their general promos

I am sure it would come up if we are in a high stakes game

ESPN has UCF as part of one of their general promos

I am sure it would come up if we are in a high stakes game
I'd have to imagine we get a big spot, possibly Game Day if Cinci remains undefeated and we get ranked under #20 by that week. It's possible. Don't see how they wouldn't do a segment on realignment/the B12 at that point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT