ADVERTISEMENT

Evan Webster, OL de-committed from USF

Hwy17

Two-Star Recruit
Jul 22, 2002
From his latest tweet.

Feels a little weird saying but I’m no longer committed to @USFFootball My recruitment is 100% open. @Coach2Bless @Coach_BKemp @WebsterTeneka

From his latest tweet.

Feels a little weird saying but I’m no longer committed to @USFFootball My recruitment is 100% open. @Coach2Bless @Coach_BKemp @WebsterTeneka
Grades

Usf just hosted 6 players this past weekend and all 6 of them committed to usf as of last night. I was afraid of this. Their new coach can recruit. Ugh. If he can coach and run a program too this is going to be a problem in a hurry. :/
Did you mean to add an asterisk at the end? What kind of offer lists did these 6 kids have?

Usf just hosted 6 players this past weekend and all 6 of them committed to usf as of last night. I was afraid of this. Their new coach can recruit. Ugh. If he can coach and run a program too this is going to be a problem in a hurry. :/
Ok so I was curious about this and these are the 6 guys:

Holden Willis WR, Other offers: Tulane
Gilber Edmond DE, Other offers: Central Michigan, Florida Tech, Savanah State and Western Kentucky
Sincere Brown WR, Other offers: App State, Liberty, Citadel
Tramel Logan Jr LB, Other offers: Cincinnati, Buffalo, FIU, Louisville, Middle Tennessee, Nebraska, Pitt, Rutgers, Southern Miss, Temple, Toledo, Western Kentucky
Cesar Reyes OT, Other offers: Indiana, LSU, Nebraska, UNC, Pitt, Purdue, Southern Miss, UCF, West Virginia
Katravis Marsh QB, Other offers: Florida A&M, FAU, Southern Miss, Tennessee, Tulane, UCF, Utah

So 3 guys have basically no offer sheet to speak of. Logan and Reyes (especially Reyes) look like good pickups and Marsh has at least a couple of P5 offers. I wouldn't beat my chest about this too much.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
Hope they turn it around quickly....good for us and the AAC...competition is a good thing.
JWB
I will admit that if the war on I4 was like it was in 2017 every year and both schools are good, that would be awesome. Plus, from what i understand regarding confrence realignment, ucf/usf is a package deal so if both schools are good when it happens again that will bode well for us. Usf and ucf should be in the power five. I know usf has been down for 2 years but id love to see the ucf/usf rivalry the biggest one in the state every year.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
Scott is making a move for a couple of big time Florida WRs. Does anyone know how much Golesh was making at ISU and how much he is making now?

I will admit that if the war on I4 was like it was in 2017 every year and both schools are good, that would be awesome. Plus, from what i understand regarding confrence realignment, ucf/usf is a package deal so if both schools are good when it happens again that will bode well for us. Usf and ucf should be in the power five. I know usf has been down for 2 years but id love to see the ucf/usf rivalry the biggest one in the state every year.

If that is true that we are a package deal that is not good for UCF considering how bad USF sucks...... Im not buying it......... UCF is a national brand and USF is total crap

Scott is making a move for a couple of big time Florida WRs. Does anyone know how much Golesh was making at ISU and how much he is making now?
I would guess Golesh is now making a hell of a lot more than you make as assistant shoeshiner for South Florida's women's golf team. Honestly your trolling would be funnier and you would be a lot more believable UCF fan if you talked up Cincy or Memphis. Like.... USF? Really? That's who you are worried about? USF wont sniff top 4 in the AAC until at least 2022.

I hope youre right. But i think scott will have USF competing for the AAC by 2021. He will build usf into a elite G5 program in 3/4 years then leave for greener pastures. USF got really lucky with him. I could be wrong of course, but what im reading and seeing tells me its heading that direction..,

Reactions: ahabmw
I hope youre right. But i think scott will have USF competing for the AAC by 2021. He will build usf into a elite G5 program in 3/4 years then leave for greener pastures. USF got really lucky with him. I could be wrong of course, but what im reading and seeing tells me its heading that direction..,
Let the guy win a game first homie. South Florida should have decent recruiting due to location. Also the bulls are/have been a shitty team so there may be perception among recruits that they can get playing time early. All that said, recruiting is an important part of coaching but not the whole picture, we have no idea what happens with the X's and O's at this point. I am not too fearful that South Florida rounding up the 7th or 8th best recruiting class in the AAC will lead to the bulls overtaking us and becoming a dynasty. Forreal chill man, the bulls arent even ahead of us by any metric. Even teams like Cinci, Memphis, etc. don't ever think about USF, they barely make a blip. I get that CJS was like the 3rd or 4th most important coach at Clemson but holy cow man lets see what happens.

honestly haven’t seen this many usf cheerleaders on this board in a while. The cows are turned around “based on what your reading”. Lol. Last year I read about them bringing in a legendary offensive guru who won national championships in D2. They were going to be firing on all cylinders. Then they were shut out 49-0 first game. By their final game they had improved that to 34-7.

honestly haven’t seen this many usf cheerleaders on this board in a while. The cows are turned around “based on what your reading”. Lol. Last year I read about them bringing in a legendary offensive guru who won national championships in D2. They were going to be firing on all cylinders. Then they were shut out 49-0 first game. By their final game they had improved that to 34-7.
I guess im just paranoid. This just feels different. They are only two years removed from being a 10 win team. I mean granted icf is better thsn them right now.. but i remember in the 2000’s they were beating our ass every year and way better than ucf. But ucf focused on what they needed to do and 10 years ucf is better than usf. Its when a program gets complacent and rests on its past that the tables can turn quickly. Its an arms race my friends and ucf can’t just assume usf will be bad every year. If scott turns it around and they start winning and raising money to build facilities they will catch up in a hurry and ucf will be left wondering what happened just like isf did in the last 5 years. Just trying to keep perspective. Frost was the real deal. Im not that sold on huepel just yet. This year will tell a lot.

Ok so I was curious about this and these are the 6 guys:

Holden Willis WR, Other offers: Tulane
Gilber Edmond DE, Other offers: Central Michigan, Florida Tech, Savanah State and Western Kentucky
Sincere Brown WR, Other offers: App State, Liberty, Citadel
Tramel Logan Jr LB, Other offers: Cincinnati, Buffalo, FIU, Louisville, Middle Tennessee, Nebraska, Pitt, Rutgers, Southern Miss, Temple, Toledo, Western Kentucky
Cesar Reyes OT, Other offers: Indiana, LSU, Nebraska, UNC, Pitt, Purdue, Southern Miss, UCF, West Virginia
Katravis Marsh QB, Other offers: Florida A&M, FAU, Southern Miss, Tennessee, Tulane, UCF, Utah

So 3 guys have basically no offer sheet to speak of. Logan and Reyes (especially Reyes) look like good pickups and Marsh has at least a couple of P5 offers. I wouldn't beat my chest about this too much.

Fixed your bold to reflect recent relevance

Reactions: Boston.Knight
I guess im just paranoid. This just feels different. They are only two years removed from being a 10 win team. I mean granted icf is better thsn them right now.. but i remember in the 2000’s they were beating our ass every year and way better than ucf. But ucf focused on what they needed to do and 10 years ucf is better than usf. Its when a program gets complacent and rests on its past that the tables can turn quickly. Its an arms race my friends and ucf can’t just assume usf will be bad every year. If scott turns it around and they start winning and raising money to build facilities they will catch up in a hurry and ucf will be left wondering what happened just like isf did in the last 5 years. Just trying to keep perspective. Frost was the real deal. Im not that sold on huepel just yet. This year will tell a lot.

It sounds like they've caught up a bit with things. To do some direct comparison, maybe they tried to make Strong their O'Leary - an older, "safe" coach with some success under his belt. But the latest model seems to be having a young, hungry, unproven assistant coach to take over and revitalize things.

I'm torn, myself. I like the idea of USF remaining in the gutter indefinitely, but you can't deny that 2017 game showed up on lots of people's "best games of the season" list. Even friends who are indifferent to UCF were texting me that game commenting on how great it was.

When they were better than us we were Conference USA and they were in the Big East which resulted in a large recruiting advantage, which is not likely to happen again. I am not saying they are going to be terrible I am saying they have a long way to go to reach UCF, Cinci, Memphis level, heck, even Navy/SMU level, and it is not like those programs are sitting around chilling. All of the programs that have been consistently good in the AAC will likely stay that way, South Florida is not closing the gap on us by having what still amounts to a pretty shitty recruiting class, we have a lot bigger fish to worry about. Even though I bitch about recruiting, even I have to acknowledge WE ARE STILL RECRUITING BETTER than the cows and we have a much better returning roster.

Package deal? That deal should match the deal given during the Big East alignment years ago.

Reactions: Endeavor.
idm4DT.gif

Reactions: Mazuru
It sounds like they've caught up a bit with things. To do some direct comparison, maybe they tried to make Strong their O'Leary - an older, "safe" coach with some success under his belt. But the latest model seems to be having a young, hungry, unproven assistant coach to take over and revitalize things.

I'm torn, myself. I like the idea of USF remaining in the gutter indefinitely, but you can't deny that 2017 game showed up on lots of people's "best games of the season" list. Even friends who are indifferent to UCF were texting me that game commenting on how great it was.
That 2017 game had friends calling me from cali and colorado going “what a game!” And “did that just happen?!?” When ucf and usf are great that game is for real. That game put the whole country on notice.

Reactions: KnightLife1
When USF is good, that game owns Black Friday and all the national media attention. USF getting respectable (if not good) is a good thing for us.

Reactions: KnightLife1
That 2017 game had friends calling me from cali and colorado going “what a game!” And “did that just happen?!?” When ucf and usf are great that game is for real. That game put the whole country on notice.
My P5 friends just say the defenses in AAC suck. They don’t really give us credit for a good game within conference.

Problem with usf is they tried to run before they could walk. They were called up to the big boys before accomplishing squat and accomplished squat as a big boy and now were demoted in conference affiliation. They poo poo the conference despite every other conference member having a longer history and more accomplishments. Their fan base has dwindled to practically nothing because they are no longer big time. CJS will find it’s hard to win for long at a program with no support.

Reactions: shacket
I've read some of the same arrogant responses when I say 1 or 2 nice things about FAU's Program. Remembering 0-12 less than 5 years ago should keep the fanbase grounded on the possibility of things going in cycles for our Rival or other Florida Programs. USF still has some infrastructure and culture issues that could hold back even a great coach but they are still in Florida so you can never count them out.

When USF is good, that game owns Black Friday and all the national media attention. USF getting respectable (if not good) is a good thing for us.
USF being good is literally only good for the Black Friday game, thats it. Having to beat them or lose the conference/NY6 is not good for us. Id rather have them bad and win the war on i4 easily.

I don't think we're being complacent at all. Recruiting is addressing needs and we're looking to be just as strong next year as we were this year. However, this year and next will truly define Heupel's tenure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT