ADVERTISEMENT

Ever been high at a real job?

HuffyCane

Golden Knight
Dec 25, 2004
My buddy just texted me and told me he is stoned out of his mind on Oxy at work. Yes, he's a lawyer, but the kind that can't do much damage in the office when high.

Which begs the question ... ever spark it or pop a few to get through the day at a real job?

I'm not talking about sharing a joint of skunk weed with the waitress who never talked to you at school when you worked at Pizza Hut one summer. We all did that in one form or another. Im talking a real job. Shirt, tie, benefits, etc.

Nope. Not even once. But I have left work at lunch, had a few drinks and decided to not come back.

Not that you need it. Six or seven manual releases a day keeps you in a stupor as is.

Nah. Never been my type of thing to do anyway.

I was drunk during the Patriots/Rams super bowl on the company's dime, but not on the clock. Does that count?

Not on purpose.

The first time I injured my back, I went to the doctor and he gave me pain pills and muscle relaxers. The next day, after breakfast, I took them and headed to work. By lunchtime, I was drooling all over myself and a complete zombie.

I had only been at the job for about two weeks, and injured my back while moving into my new place after relocating. I couldn't imagine the impression I was making. I ended up having to tell everyone I was sorry, and left early. I've never taken a muscle relaxer since then, even if I'm in serious pain.

I dont smoke so thats a no. I have had a few beers at lunch before at a previous job. I wouldnt consider it a real job though.

A long long time ago right out of school when I worked for USDA doing some database management I would occasionally get stoned after all our meetings were done and most of my personal interaction for the day was done . I didn't get totally wasted and I worked my ass off after though ,
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Never. I even hate being hungover at work. I don't use drugs, so that's out the window. But even when I drink, I prefer to be somewhere that I'm enjoying myself. Work would just depress me and I'd just feel like going home and sleeping. It'd be miserable.

Never. I look like a stoner as it is and every real place I've ever worked has drug testing policies. I never thought it would be worth the risk of coming ripped.

Never smoked weed - had some pops at lunch & returned prolly 4-5 $2 PBR pints @ AH I have absolutely 0 ****s about the last eh 9-12 months of employment. 2 jobs ago I was probably working 25% of the time I was there. Automated so much tedious cube monkey shit.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Yes, but it is an odd case. I had to treat a large church for nematodes, We used to use a product called Nemagon U had to put it down dry and once watered formed a heavy gas. Rained 1/2 way thru the job, and a few minutes after it stopped I finished up. I loaded up the spreader, went into the office and called boss to come out with a driver to drive the truck home.

I was high as a kite. Told him I would never do another Nematode job. Probably took 3 hours or more to come back to earth.

Maybe if I was CEO of a huge billion dollar company, I'd have a bar in my top floor office, equipped with the those glass bottles filled with scotch. Just like in the movies, where all executives drank in the office.

If you can show up high to a real job and get away with it, you must not be doing any "real" work that requires "real" skill.

Originally posted by goodknightfl:
Yes, but it is an odd case. I had to treat a large church for nematodes, We used to use a product called Nemagon U had to put it down dry and once watered formed a heavy gas. Rained 1/2 way thru the job, and a few minutes after it stopped I finished up. I loaded up the spreader, went into the office and called boss to come out with a driver to drive the truck home.

I was high as a kite. Told him I would never do another Nematode job. Probably took 3 hours or more to come back to earth.

Where might one buy this Nemagon stuff? I need some for my property.

There is a 9 week course to change bed pans. They even had an inservice about why you arent allowed to serve people their food trats while they're on the bed pan.

Yea, after my first shoulder surgery, I was high on Oxy, but we had all-hands meetings on some tech I was heavily involved in. I had to show up in person (boss's insistence; wife drove me in each day) and I was eventually put into a corner because every time I did speak, it was incoherent babble as I was more focused on not drooling than anything else.

Originally posted by Whataknight:
every time I did speak, it was incoherent babble as I was more focused on not drooling than anything else.
Sounds like barrister's perfect date

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT