ADVERTISEMENT

Evolution of Depth Chart

KnightVision82

Diamond Knight
Jan 26, 2004
Depth Chart for UCF vs. Louisville

I really love how Gus has a bunch of kids listed on the depth chart. There are even
others NOT on this chart that I expect to see on the field. One comment Gus made
about the last game was that he was very surprised about all the players that we
had that touched the ball and yet turnovers weren't an issue. I hope this continues
as our roster is stacked and I like to see a lot of players out there getting into
the game. We need fresh legs out there as much as possible.

Depth Chart for UCF vs. Louisville

I really love how Gus has a bunch of kids listed on the depth chart. There are even
others NOT on this chart that I expect to see on the field. One comment Gus made
about the last game was that he was very surprised about all the players that we
had that touched the ball and yet turnovers weren't an issue. I hope this continues
as our roster is stacked and I like to see a lot of players out there getting into
the game. We need fresh legs out there as much as possible.
Will be more like the Boise game unless it’s a big blowout. Only 2 RBs, 1TE and 5 WRs touched ball. So many guys played because it was an FCS blowout. I don’t think that’s the plan going into the game.

A few differences for example Trillion Coles and perhaps Tremon…

Last edited:
Will be more like the Boise game unless it’s a big blowout. Only 2 RBs, 1TE and 5 WRs touched ball. So many guys played because it was an FCS blowout. I don’t think that’s the plan going into the game.

Agreed, Boise State game was the most focused on a few weapons this team has seen in several years. Bowser had 37 touches, that probably hasn't happened since Kevin Smith days.

I don't believe any RB but Bowser touched the ball in the first half against BCC.

Agreed, Boise State game was the most focused on a few weapons this team has seen in several years. Bowser had 37 touches, that probably hasn't happened since Kevin Smith days.

I don't believe any RB but Bowser touched the ball in the first half against BCC.
But hasn’t MAR been dealing with an injury? I bet he gets more first half carries as he gets healthier.

But hasn’t MAR been dealing with an injury? I bet he gets more first half carries as he gets healthier.
Johnny has been primary backup. I think that remains until he doesn’t gain yards consistently or fumbles. He only had 3 carries that first game and no one else had any. I’m hoping we can blow them out but that will be if we can keep Cunningham from torching D.

Maybe? But based on Auburn's history, it wasn't uncommon for a single RB to have 300 carries. He just seems like someone that doesn't like to swap out guys.

Also Gus post game comment earlier in this thread about being very surprised that having a lot of players touch the ball and not having turnovers/issues makes me think he doesn't like to spread the ball or trust in the backups?

Maybe? But based on Auburn's history, it wasn't uncommon for a single RB to have 300 carries. He just seems like someone that doesn't like to swap out guys.

Also Gus post game comment earlier in this thread about being very surprised that having a lot of players touch the ball and not having turnovers/issues makes me think he doesn't like to spread the ball or trust in the backups?
He wanted to spread the ball around and was just surprised that it turned out as well as it did. Don't have to read anything into his statement.

The other transfer RB, the one from Auburn should get some carries tomorrow but he was definitely out of shape after doing about 4-5 plays in a row during one drive.

I also expect the QB that just transferred here to see the field during some wildcat running plays. He's a great asset for those situations.

I noticed that too about #6. After a few runs in a row he raised his hand up for a break. He did look like a pretty smooth runner the few times he got the ball though. I agree about Gatewood, I think he will be a real weapon later on in the season with a package that plays to his strengths. I am sure everyone will assume that he will run so I look forward to when he keeps it and hopefully throws a good pass or two. That will make our offense even tougher to prep for.

Reactions: KnightVision82
I noticed that too about #6. After a few runs in a row he raised his hand up for a break. He did look like a pretty smooth runner the few times he got the ball though. I agree about Gatewood, I think he will be a real weapon later on in the season with a package that plays to his strengths. I am sure everyone will assume that he will run so I look forward to when he keeps it and hopefully throws a good pass or two. That will make our offense even tougher to prep for.
I don’t really get why people want a running QB to come in and take snaps away from DG and our regular RBs in a close game. In a blowout it doesn’t matter but close game I want our starters and main backups.

Depending on who the opponent is, Red zone packages for Gatewood is where I think most ppl would like to see it. It could really be a game changer vs Cincy in the red zone, where their defense is so good with an awesome DB group.

I thought it looked like he was hurt.

I think he was gassed and Gus went wild (or as wild as Gus gets) on the sideline when he wanted to come out...didn't let him the first request, did the second but did a beeline to him to give him a few words...#6 is a very good RB, Gus knows it and expects him to get in shape and show it...
How is a running back who's spent the last month or two in football practice and strength and conditioning too winded to play after 5 plays? It's not like these guys are expected to train themselves. Doesn't add up to me.

How is a running back who's spent the last month or two in football practice and strength and conditioning too winded to play after 5 plays? It's not like these guys are expected to train themselves. Doesn't add up to me.
He is recovering from a leg injury and when that's the case regaining stamina is most difficult. He's obviously been in the weight room since his upper body looks solid. I'm sure over time he'll get there...but until then Gus will be constantly "reminding " him of his expectations.

If he was too hurt to workout until the past week or two how has he been able to practice enough to get out on field? I still think he was hurt. Though I hope not because he had some really nice runs.

Reactions: FoxKnight
I don’t really get why people want a running QB to come in and take snaps away from DG and our regular RBs in a close game. In a blowout it doesn’t matter but close game I want our starters and main backups.
It’s called power football. All finesse doesn’t cut it all the time.

ADVERTISEMENT