ADVERTISEMENT

Facebook bans Louis Farrakhan, Milo Yiannopoulos, InfoWars and others from its platforms as 'dangero

i think itll be interesting to see what if any of these people go after fb because of this. ive said i would prefer the gov not get involved but it seems like they only ever target one side.

New York (CNN Business) Facebook announced Thursday afternoon that it had designated some high-profile people, including Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan, who's notorious for using anti-Semitic language, and right-wing conspiracy theorist Alex Jones, as "dangerous" and said it will be purging them from its platforms.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/02/tech...owars-alex-jones-milo-laura-loomer/index.html
As long as they are up front and honest about stuff like this, I'm totally ok with it. Facebook is a private company and can do what they want. However, there is a lot of evidence that points to them limiting the reach of conservative voices behind yhe scenes. That, I'm not ok with.

As long as they are up front and honest about stuff like this, I'm totally ok with it. Facebook is a private company and can do what they want. However, there is a lot of evidence that points to them limiting the reach of conservative voices behind yhe scenes. That, I'm not ok with.

Outside of Louis Farrakhan, I don't remember seeing anyone banned. You hate to totally kill free speech. I get maybe blocking a terrorist group or radical racist group (KKK, black panther, etc). If just being conservative will cause a FB ban, then that is scary for democracy.

Reactions: UCFWayne
As I posted some 3-4 hours ago on social media ...

Many are changing their headlines now to remove _'far right'_ from the titles, but here are titles (or sub-titles in one case) just within the last hour. This is a total f'up, and I'm tired of the media using the _"if they are bad, they are right-wing"_ stereotype which is not even true -- whether activists, politicians, shooters, etc...

The Washington Post
31 minutes ago
Facebook bans far-right leaders Louis Farrakhan ...

CNN
41 minutes ago
Facebook Bans ... Louis Farrakhan
Facebook said it banned several far-right accounts ...

Los Angeles Times
44 minutes ago
Instagram and Facebook Ban Far-Right Extremists ... Louis Farrakhan ....

The Atlantic
53 minutes ago
Instagram and Facebook Ban Far-Right Extremists
... Louis Farrakhan ...

The Atlantic is the _'lone hold-out'_ and as an avid reader of _'The Atlantic,'_ I wish they'd purge themselves of far-left Progressives like they have far-right Conservatives. It's supposed to be a critically thinking Liberal magazine of over a century and a half, not a mainstream, anti-anything media outlet.

The media labeled Farrakhan as a member of the “far right”.

:joy:

God, our media is so pathetic
Yep, Google cached it too. It hit every freak'n major outlet too. I've never seen such a coordination of agenda in at least 3 years.

At this point the leftist media is only stoking hopes of its far left base. The rest of the world has seen how fake the media is and it is why we will see trump re-elected with ease

As I posted some 3-4 hours ago on social media ...

Many are changing their headlines now to remove _'far right'_ from the titles, but here are titles (or sub-titles in one case) just within the last hour. This is a total f'up, and I'm tired of the media using the _"if they are bad, they are right-wing"_ stereotype which is not even true -- whether activists, politicians, shooters, etc...

The Washington Post
31 minutes ago
Facebook bans far-right leaders Louis Farrakhan ...

CNN
41 minutes ago
Facebook Bans ... Louis Farrakhan
Facebook said it banned several far-right accounts ...

Los Angeles Times
44 minutes ago
Instagram and Facebook Ban Far-Right Extremists ... Louis Farrakhan ....

The Atlantic
53 minutes ago
Instagram and Facebook Ban Far-Right Extremists
... Louis Farrakhan ...

The Atlantic is the _'lone hold-out'_ and as an avid reader of _'The Atlantic,'_ I wish they'd purge themselves of far-left Progressives like they have far-right Conservatives. It's supposed to be a critically thinking Liberal magazine of over a century and a half, not a mainstream, anti-anything media outlet.
this should scare people

Reactions: fabknight
they arent even getting simple facts right and blasting it out. that is scary to me. i wish it were scary to more people.
It’s been this way for a while now. It’s all about the race to the clicks. The web has made them sloppy because they can, and do, always edit the stories as they go. So just get it out there to get the clicks and don’t worry about normal journalistic checks and balances.

Reactions: 1ofTheseKnights
Reactions: UCFWayne
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT