ADVERTISEMENT

Fact check: Trump's (Pychos') false claim on PR deaths

Oh, give me a break. Are you that shook/humorless that people can't comment on the stupidity of his tweets in a joking way? Or is that too much for you, little snowflake? And it's few and far between with me with regard to posting on them as it were.

So, it's impossible for a death count to be similar or greater because the damage to property wasn't as much. A place that has a fraction of the infrastructure as here. Good. to. know.

It's pointless discussing this with you.
if you havent noticed ive said many times how stupid his tweets are and its one of my biggest problems with him. i make fun of them too. maybe you dont remember the spaceforce threads i created.

so you dont want to look at the property damage done here vs there because it makes your argument look bad. you also dont want to look at the death tolls in other similar areas from hurricanes because it makes your argument look bad as well. good. to. know.

i agree.

if you havent noticed ive said many times how stupid his tweets are and its one of my biggest problems with him. i make fun of them too. maybe you dont remember the spaceforce threads i created.

so you dont want to look at the property damage done here vs there because it makes your argument look bad. you also dont want to look at the death tolls in other similar areas from hurricanes because it makes your argument look bad as well. good. to. know.

i agree.

Yeap, it's AOK when you say it's stupid and shook AF when someone else does. Absolutely hilarious how fragile you get.

Your second paragraph is laughable at best. Like I said, this is pointless.

Yep. Again, the only reason you care about it is so that you can belittle the republicans on this board.

Here's another novel idea: Maybe, just maybe, I don't believe that the Trump Administration did "an incredibly successful job" in Puerto Rico. A simple review of how long it took Puerto Rico to get power back to its citizens should tell you all you need to know.

Yeap, it's AOK when you say it's stupid and shook AF when someone else does. Absolutely hilarious how fragile you get.

Your second paragraph is laughable at best. Like I said, this is pointless.
its funny because we would probably agree on how bad most of his tweets are. yet im fragile when i want to see factual numbers for a death count.

i didnt word my second paragraph the best. you claimed there was more damage in pr for maria than katrina so that would likely mean more deaths. i provided facts that prove there was more damage for katrina so that kinda throws off your argument. i think the death toll in pr for maria is probably more in line with katrina numbers.

i personally hold the local pr government accountable for most of those that happened after the storm. and yes, those should count towards the official number. too many stories of pallets of supplies rotting away not getting to where it was actually needed.

Here's another novel idea: Maybe, just maybe, I don't believe that the Trump Administration did "an incredibly successful job" in Puerto Rico. A simple review of how long it took Puerto Rico to get power back to its citizens should tell you all you need to know.

Yes, that is absolutely Trump's fault. It is the fault of his Administration that in the 9 months he had been in office prior to this hurricane hitting PR, he did not systematically bring 100% of PR's power grid into the 21st century. It's his fault for not bulldozing 100% of PR buildings and replacing them with buildings that actually adhere to US building codes.

They didn't get power back for so long because they had a disastrous infrastructure powered by a grid that was held together by string. And the PR Power Company was a revolving door for corruption.

its funny because we would probably agree on how bad most of his tweets are. yet im fragile when i want to see factual numbers for a death count.

i didnt word my second paragraph the best. you claimed there was more damage in pr for maria than katrina so that would likely mean more deaths. i provided facts that prove there was more damage for katrina so that kinda throws off your argument. i think the death toll in pr for maria is probably more in line with katrina numbers.

i personally hold the local pr government accountable for most of those that happened after the storm. and yes, those should count towards the official number. too many stories of pallets of supplies rotting away not getting to where it was actually needed.

Where did I say you were fragile for wanting factual numbers? Stop making things up. My point was maria affected the entire island (I believe I stated there was 95% of the island without power, thus affecting people long after the storm left). And again, more structural damage $$$ does not portend more deaths. Hurricanes/other natural disasters in poorer areas of the world tend to take more lives and cause less damage monetarily because there aren’t billion dollar buildings being destroyed.

Reactions: ChrisKnight06
They didn't get power back for so long because they had a disastrous infrastructure powered by a grid that was held together by string. And the PR Power Company was a revolving door for corruption.

Yet despite the lack of power, the Trump patted his administration on the back for an "incredibly successful" job there. Go figure.

Yet despite the lack of power, the Trump patted his administration on the back for an "incredibly successful" job there. Go figure.

omg. smfh.

What part of "The Trump Admin had little to no control over how long power stayed out due to the existing PR power situation to be a waiting disaster" do you not understand?

Can you brain comprehend the idea that FEMA could have done a great job, to the extent possible, while the power still remains a mitigated disaster?

Can you brain comprehend the idea that FEMA could have done a great job, to the extent possible, while the power still remains a mitigated disaster?

The very notion that FEMA was "incredibly successful" in Puerto Rico is the height of delusion. We're to believe that the Trump Administration was the 'unsung hero' of this disaster.

Yet when anyone questions "the success" in Puerto Rico's recovery, we're THEN told it's all the problems there are the locals fault!

Which is it?

The very notion that FEMA was "incredibly successful" in Puerto Rico is the height of delusion. We're to believe that the Trump Administration was the 'unsung hero' of this disaster.

Yet when anyone questions "the success" in Puerto Rico's recovery, we're THEN told it's all the problems there are the locals fault!

Which is it?

Again, it seems your brain in fact can't comprehend this, but I'll try again. PR was a disaster waiting to happen and it did happen. There was nothing FEMA could do but go in and attempt to do whatever the hell they could, which did not include figuring out how to Band-Aid back together a power grid that was stuck in the 1960's.

It's like you expected FEMA to have a magic wand whereby in mere weeks they could undo decades of neglect by politicians when it came to infrastructure and their power grid.

Or, is that what you believe? Is that what your brain is telling you to think?

Which is it?
Considering the mere shit show that PR is in terms of infrastructure, facilities and governmental networks, I’d say it was success.

Where did I say you were fragile for wanting factual numbers? Stop making things up. My point was maria affected the entire island (I believe I stated there was 95% of the island without power, thus affecting people long after the storm left). And again, more structural damage $$$ does not portend more deaths. Hurricanes/other natural disasters in poorer areas of the world tend to take more lives and cause less damage monetarily because there aren’t billion dollar buildings being destroyed.
you should stop making things up.

one of the most objective things we can use to determine damage for disasters is damages. most people would agree with that statement. you claimed there was more damage in pr than katrina so there was likely more deaths. i showed you there was more monetary damage with katrina, so there was probably less death. maria affected an island and katrina a region. look both storms were incredibly bad. i know several people with family that survived maria. i have friends that volunteered to help clean up katrina. that damage was extensive to both. objectively katrina was worse and by your own logic, probably had more deaths.

your second statement is that poorer areas can have more deaths because the infrastructure isnt as good. i can agree with parts of that. that is why im my previous post, i showed other massive storms that hit similar areas yet produced far less deaths. that kind of disproved your point.

i want the death count to reflect reality. i want the corrupt gov officials in pr to pay the price for their inept response to the storm that likely cost more lives.

you should stop making things up.

one of the most objective things we can use to determine damage for disasters is damages. most people would agree with that statement. you claimed there was more damage in pr than katrina so there was likely more deaths. i showed you there was more monetary damage with katrina, so there was probably less death. maria affected an island and katrina a region. look both storms were incredibly bad. i know several people with family that survived maria. i have friends that volunteered to help clean up katrina. that damage was extensive to both. objectively katrina was worse and by your own logic, probably had more deaths.

your second statement is that poorer areas can have more deaths because the infrastructure isnt as good. i can agree with parts of that. that is why im my previous post, i showed other massive storms that hit similar areas yet produced far less deaths. that kind of disproved your point.

i want the death count to reflect reality. i want the corrupt gov officials in pr to pay the price for their inept response to the storm that likely cost more lives.

JFC are you serious? I was talking about HOW YOU GOT FRAGILE/SHOOK WHEN PEOPLE MADE FUN OF TRUMP'S TWEETS BUT IT WAS AOK WHEN YOU DID IT.

smh.

Not that it affects Trump continually posting stupid things on Twitter, I'd like to see what China reports as the death toll for Manghkut.

Reactions: UCFWayne
you claim you said one thing but quotes from the actual thread show otherwise. its sad you cant be objective.

you claim you said one thing but quotes from the actual thread show otherwise. its sad you cant be objective.

It doesn't show otherwise. Like I said, it's not my fault that you can't read. Keeping typing otherwise---it's absolutely hysterical.

Fema and the Govt do not restore the power grid. Private power companies do.They may kick in some $ to help, but they don't do the work. A hurricane hits the south east power companies from all over are brought in to restore power. You could not do that in PR. hell it took 10 days to get the first port opened up, and even then if the trucks came in they couldn't get around the island.

Fema and the Govt do not restore the power grid. Private power companies do.They may kick in some $ to help, but they don't do the work. A hurricane hits the south east power companies from all over are brought in to restore power. You could not do that in PR. hell it took 10 days to get the first port opened up, and even then if the trucks came in they couldn't get around the island.

It's fairly clear that Shuckster has no idea what FEMA actually does.

Prior to Irma, I saw hundreds of Duke and TECO power trucks being brought in. Never a single "FEMA Power" truck.

It's fairly clear that Shuckster has no idea what FEMA actually does.

Prior to Irma, I saw hundreds of Duke and TECO power trucks being brought in. Never a single "FEMA Power" truck.
All hail the federal government! The source of all of America’s greatness. No one cares for you like good ole Uncle Sam.

dont forget about the airports that were badly damaged so it limited the planes coming in and out. idk if its true but i heard there was a trucking union that made it difficult to deliver goods once they arrived via air or boat.

dont forget about the airports that were badly damaged so it limited the planes coming in and out. idk if its true but i heard there was a trucking union that made it difficult to deliver goods once they arrived via air or boat.
That was conservative treehouse fake news.

Who was right there to assist the poor and elderly that were the most severely impacted by the power loss? Given the slow restore work, it's no surprise that the death toll mounted in the aftermath of the storm. Where was FEMA?

Who was right there to assist the poor and elderly that were the most severely impacted by the power loss? Given the slow restore work, it's no surprise that the death toll mounted in the aftermath of the storm. Where was FEMA?

So after being embarrassed by your past comments, you’ve moved from “FEMA didn’t restore the power” to “FEMA saw poor people dying and did nothing”

Yeesh

So after being embarrassed by your past comments, you’ve moved from “FEMA didn’t restore the power” to “FEMA saw poor people dying and did nothing”

Please, by all means, repost my 'embarrassing' "FEMA didn't restore the power" quote. I couldn't find it but I'm sure you can, right?

This discussion has been about how Trump unbelievably APPLAUDED his administration's response to the clusterf**k that was the PR hurricane recovery. We're supposed to believe that, despite the length of the power outages, the Trump administration's handling of the recovery was an "unsung success." Seriously???!!!?!

Give us all a break from this silliness.

Please, by all means, repost my 'embarrassing' "FEMA didn't restore the power" quote. I couldn't find it but I'm sure you can, right?

This discussion has been about how Trump unbelievably APPLAUDED his administration's response to the clusterf**k that was the PR hurricane recovery. We're supposed to believe that, despite the length of the power outages, the Trump administration's handling of the recovery was an "unsung success." Seriously???!!!?!

Trump's hyperbole is quite tiresome and ridiculous. Along with his Twitter persona, I'd love to see him turn the faucet down on the hyperbole side.

The only thing left is for Kanye to come out and say that Trump doesnt care about brown people.

You're joking right? Are you saying these things in hopes that we can't scroll up 15 messages and find what you said? Here's your quote:

There is absolutely nothing else to infer from this post than 1.) You think it was Trump/FEMA's job to restore power and 2.) They can't claim anything was a success so long as THEY weren't restoring power.

C'mon. Just admit you got shown up a bit on this one and move on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT