ADVERTISEMENT

FALL Camp has begun!! ⚔️🖤💛

Keene and Plumlee
There’s nothing being shown at practice that’s eye opening. Nobody in the media expected anything different. There is one item that seems interesting. Mikey Keene and John Rhys Plumlee almost appear to just be out there having fun.

Almost like, well, it’s not really a competition but they are instead out to play backyard football. The key component of that stems from being relaxed. Sometimes a quarterback battle can lead to serious tension and even players falling below their own standards, let alone the standards set forth by a college football coaching staff.

Is that a good thing? Sounds like they are pacing one another instead of pushing one another. Could also explain why there is more chatter about Castallanos, if he is out there fighting to earn the role of QB1.

I tried to tell y'all UCF needed an additional edge rusher.

Eyabi Anoma took his talents to Ann Arbor.

BTW, if Landon is "participating in Senior Knight," he is done for good.

King Mwikuta is in the portal, but I don't think he is immediately eligible.

Last edited:
Reactions: PhDee

Good to see Xavier Townsend back to full go. With the Amari Johnson injury I think Xavier will get a shot as a returner early on. Kid is electric ⚔️

Reactions: KnightLife1

Just in case you missed this. Xavier Townsend vs Arch Manning last year on ESPN (he was an Iowa St. commit at the time).

Reactions: Central Floridave
Well the 2 freshman DE’s will get their shot at some playing time for sure.
I thought KT was the better freshman DE at first, but JJ looks like a full grown dude already. I think we'll have Monty or JJ be the #2 behind Celiscar

Reactions: KnightLife1
"Just in case you missed this. Xavier Townsend vs Arch Manning last year on ESPN (he was an Iowa St. commit at the time)."

Damn. that's impressive!!! thanks for the vid.

So is your assumption Malzahn will have a really short leash on a QB that hasn't started in a few years or by game 4 Plumlee has lost 1 or 2 games?
I just started getting the feeling that TC might be QB2 by week 5.

A month ago, the narrative was that MK and JRP we're in a heated battle. Over the past week or two, the narrative Gus is pushing is that we could also win with TC, JRP has also aknowledged this. Gus has described that makes it sound like he's emerging.

If TC becomes QB2, Gus has no incentive to play MK anymore because he'll want to get TC in-game experience. MK then has the incentive to preserve his eligibility.

So is your assumption Malzahn will have a really short leash on a QB that hasn't started in a few years or by game 4 Plumlee has lost 1 or 2 games?
Door No. 3: JRP gets his teeth knocked out for doing too much on a play where Keene would hit Gus between the numbers.

If we are 2-2, Gus better damn sure be looking at other options, I’d prefer Timmy wearing Keene’s uniform….they are a dead ringer for each other

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT