ADVERTISEMENT

Fan Base Reactions

Knighttime is the righttime

Four-Star Recruit
Dec 11, 2005
Unfortunately, the saddest part of this for me is how all the bandwagon fans are going to jump now. We are going to see a big drop in support after a tough loss to an ACC team on the road. Pitt obviously gave us their best shot and our defense and freshman QB weren’t quite ready for that. Our second year coach struggled too. It isn’t sustainable for us to go undefeated every year, and now the fan support will take a hit when we just go through what just about every team goes through. I know most of you are the diehards like I am. I will follow them just the same and now our goal is win the conference championship and play in the best bowl possible - hopefully a NY6 game. We are still a have-not in the grand scheme of things so there is no margin for error, but that isn’t fair and I refuse to hold our team to that standard. They are still a top 20 team - I know it. I will be cheering them on like crazy to see them prove it. The future is still ridiculously bright - we have years ahead of us where we will chase undefeated seasons - I hope most of our fans realize that our support plays a role in that and we stay close. One heartbeat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News