• Fiesta Bowl win and first top 5 finish over Baylor

Votes: 26 76.5%
  • Outhitting Michigan

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Beating defending NC Nebraska at halftime

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UCFirst Bowl victory vs UGA in 2010

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Daunte Culpepper finishing 6th in the Heisman Trophy voting & set the record for completion % 74%

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Breaking “the Streak” against Marshall

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Kevin Smith breaking the 2nd place record in all-time single season rushing record in 2007

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Winning the first of many Conference Championship titles in 2007

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Jeff “In” Godfrey “We Trust” being the first ever true freshman QB to win an FBS conference champion

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

UCFhonors

Todd's Tiki Bar
Feb 20, 2010
Finally, I'm unbanned from my perma-ban on the JV board.

Need help creating an excellent poll of the JV Board's favorite UCF football moments. So select your top 5. Please comment below if you have a better one what is listed in the Poll. TIA

#UCFacts

[smoke]

Reactions: SublimeKnight
TOP 5- No particular order

1. Fiesta Bowl win over Baylor- 2014
2. THE J. J. Worton catch for a TD against Temple -2013
3. The Holman to Perriman Hail Mary TD against ECU- 2013
4. The Kevin Smith 2,500 yard rushing season in 2007
5. UCF defeats #8 Louisville Cardinals in 2013

Of course, lots of 2013-14 season here.

TOP 5- No particular order

1. Fiesta Bowl win over Baylor- 2014
2. THE J. J. Worton catch for a TD against Temple -2013
3. The Holman to Perriman Hail Mary TD against ECU- 2013
4. The Kevin Smith 2,500 yard rushing season in 2007
5. UCF defeats #8 Louisville Cardinals in 2013

Of course, lots of 2013-14 season here.
You mean after out hitting Michigan, right?

Reactions: UCFhonors
1. Breaking the all-time PR records vs Samford in my final game.
2. My first play; punt return vs BCC in the beautiful Citrus Bowl (thinking the whole time; "Please just catch it, please just catch it, please just catch it!")
3. Being there in the stands with my buddies I played with for Fiesta Bowl win over Baylor.
4. Getting a phone call and hearing from my best friend I played with: "Beaz, you sitting down? We just beat Bama."

Last edited:
Breaking the streak against Marshall has a special meaning to me because I was a student sitting in the stands it happened. I didn't storm the field, but being their live trumps everything else I saw on TV. But Fiesta Bowl win was a close second, for sure.

Charge On!

UCF defeats #8 Louisville Cardinals in 2013

This game not only put us on the national radar but it set up the crazy run to the fiesta bowl. Everyone was in love with Bridgewater and gave us no chance away. One of the best comebacks (28-3) and game winning drives in school history.

gotta have:
-Godfrey catch from Bortles to beat Loserville at Loserville
-Beating youngstown state with 1 second to go on a FG...oldie but a goodie! Listened to it on AM radio
-The Catch...JJ at Lincoln Field
:)

Reactions: UCFhonors
The monsoon game vs Marshall w Bruce miller striping the ball from Cato as they tried running down the clock... not as significant but very memorable due to the weather and circumstances
Oh I'll never forget that monsoon. Field was a swimming pool. Fun exciting game though! :)

The monsoon game vs Marshall w Bruce miller striping the ball from Cato as they tried running down the clock... not as significant but very memorable due to the weather and circumstances
Was that the Matthew Mcconaughey game right after they released that Marshall movie?

Since that play happened so quick and it was a scrum that followed, there was a LONG official video replay as we waited patiently in the stadium.

During that replay, 2 of my best friends (husband and wife living on the West Coast, both UCF Alums) were watching the game while on vacation in Maui that late afternoon (late night in Orlando when play happened) and he texted me: "It was a fumble! It was a fumble! TV replay showed it was a fumble and we got it!"

I started screaming with joy with the news but realized there was still a 5% chance replay official could still bone us.

My pals had their entire tiki beach bar cheering for UCF and Rocky Ross soon to follow TD when he was standing ALL ALONE and screaming for Hodges to snap the ball was the icing on the cake (actually, the PAT was the go ahead point).

I miss beating Marshall and that was a fun rivalry...from the first game in 2002 that ESPN Networks showed that ended on a Ryan Schneider INT to the goal posts coming down in 2005 to the big win at Marshall during Matthew McConaughey "We Are Marshall" Day to the Victory Mist win in 2009 to the monsoon game in 2011.

After 3 straight losses to start the series, every win over Marshall was great!

ADVERTISEMENT