ADVERTISEMENT

FCC net neutrality vote today

Hooray!!! Now everyone will need a license to create a simple web-page!
grin.r191677.gif

The FCC does only one thing, censor.

Originally posted by HuffyCane:
All a distraction while they ban AR bullets without legal authority.
Did you send your representatives any emails about said ban?

I believe on facebook the military arms channel had a link to a tool that you put your zipcode in and it would pull your representatives and then you could send them 1 of 3 premade emails. You could also alter or create your own.

Prepare for slower more expensive internet. Nothing of value will come from this action.

Originally posted by goodknightfl:
Prepare for slower more expensive internet. Nothing of value will come from this action.
On a global scale we have some of the highest prices for lowest speeds. You dont know what you are talking about.

Also the FCC just mandated the definition of what broadband was. It used to be something like 4mbs and now it will be 20+mbs. So companies wont be able to say they offer broadband unless they can give you those speeds. Thats why over the past few years youve seen the speeds start to increase. It wasnt because they wanted to, but saw the writing on the wall that this change would happen.

The government cant get anything right....

Wayne, hope you are right, but history says let the gov't in and they will screw it up.

...and Obama is going to drive our economy into the ground, inflation will be at record highs, Obamacare will ruin America, and we'll have outrageous growth in deficits.

Right-wingers need to stop making predictions. They are really bad at it.

Originally posted by chemmie:

...and Obama is going to drive our economy into the ground, inflation will be at record highs, Obamacare will ruin America, and we'll have outrageous growth in deficits.

EVERYONE needs to stop making predictions. Obama ain't Nostradamus...and he certainly ain't a savior of any form. Homo Sapiens are NOT a collective as Obama and his cronies believe. We are violently territorial primates shoved into dense population centers. It's no wonder that we all hate each other.

This post was edited on 2/27 8:33 AM by Malthus Doctrine

Originally posted by (Art_Vandelay):
Thank God the government came along to fix something that didn't need to be fixed.
I know the fda is a horrible too. How dare they put forward standards for our food and drug that wont kill us. Or the even worse highway and saftey admin that makes sure we have safer cars.

But I guess you like companies like comcast screwing over their customers.

Originally posted by chemmie:

One at a time, the economy is so good that more people are on food stamps than ever, the worker participation rate is the lowest since god only knows when, The poverty rate is up, and wages for the average family down. Yep good job there.

Obama care has led to health insurance prices going thru the roof, most have had 25 to 100% increases in price. granted the gov't has insured 2 million extra people at a rate of 50k per person. govt at its best.

The deficit this year is 600 billion, the best yet from Obama, and still is 100 billion larger than any debt before him.

Inflation, they no longer include the things that normally go up, ie food and fuel, housing. (yes I know fuel is down at the moment) but the things they don't count are the things everyday people need to live.

Sorry, but if you think this is a good economy, you are even dumber than I thought possible.

Originally posted by UCFWayne:

Thank God the government came along to fix something that didn't need to be fixed.
I know the fda is a horrible too. How dare they put forward standards for our food and drug that wont kill us. Or the even worse highway and saftey admin that makes sure we have safer cars.

The main issue for me was that the FCC came up with a solution without letting us know what the solution was. There is a lot that can be said about the harm the FDA has caused from limiting access to potentially life saving drugs. People died because the FDA saved them from something that could kill them. And no I don't like how Comcast has acted.

The main issue for me was that the FCC came up with a solution without letting us know what the solution was. There is a lot that can be said about the harm the FDA has caused from limiting access to potentially life saving drugs. People died because the FDA saved them from something that could kill them. And no I don't like how Comcast has acted.
The fda are no saints, but they typically require long drawn out studies to be preformed before they will back something as being safe. On principle, thats not a bad thing. So it sucks that some people died because certain drugs hadnt passed the testing yet. But on the whole, Im glad that they exist.

I'm not a huge fan of the FDA either but theoretically they've also saved the lives of people who were to be given life-threatening drugs. Also, they are as convoluted an agency as they are because that's how big pharma wants them to be. Many of our government's failures are due to the free market doing exactly what everyone would expect and trying to fvck it up for profit.

We have some instances of idiots running things poorly, but we have just as many of smart rich collectives trying to defraud the American people.

This the FCC. the agency that spent millions to ensure we never see another titty at the Superbowl
cool.r191677.gif
It is also an non-elected entity that arbitrarily decided to regulate without a single vote from the populous nor allowing any provisions of such regulations or expectations to the general public until AFTER it was passed.

Originally posted by Malthus Doctrine:
grin.r191677.gif

I was wondering if there are idiots who actually think this is a bad thing for consumers...

Originally posted by Knightro2003:

Originally posted by Malthus Doctrine:
grin.r191677.gif

I was wondering if there are idiots who actually think this is a bad thing for consumers...

Link

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT