ADVERTISEMENT

Feminazi's will hate my new guitar amp....

anon_x731qvsnsyb8i

Diamond Knight
Sep 1, 2006
7th level of Dante's Inferno.
www.facebook.com
Yes, this KNOB exists on my amp. Get ready to be TRIGGERED!!!!!!!

29055936200_f370da464b_b.jpg

What the hell kind of unkempt women are you messing with that would necessitate you carrying around a P trimmer? Especially one that needs amplification and goes all the way to 9.

Reactions: USFSucks
Did you build it or have someone build it?

I have been eyeing a handwired boutique amp for a while now. Something like a Matchless or Badcat. I just can't see dropping that kind of money on something I use to gig in bars and private parties.

What kind of pedals are you running? Got a pedalboard shot?

Did you build it or have someone build it?

I have been eyeing a handwired boutique amp for a while now. Something like a Matchless or Badcat. I just can't see dropping that kind of money on something I use to gig in bars and private parties.

What kind of pedals are you running? Got a pedalboard shot?

I was going to build it myself, I likely could, but then I thought "What if I fudge it up or something?". So I had an electrician do it. Plus I just didn't have the time.

I can't believe the sound on this Ceriatone. It's a rock/metal-intended amp. I can actually feel it moving air rhythmically around my shorts, and it has a "pussy trimmer" knob. I looked into getting boutique for awhile, partly because I wanted a unique sound, but also because I got tired of people asking, "Why Peavey?" or "Why use a crate for cleans?" (BTW, the G1600xl by crate from the 1990s is a sick amp, one of the most under-rated solid-states, great for dual-mic'ing with tube amps and blending while recording. See one for sale cheap? Get it...we did the solid-state/tube blend on our latest album coming in November to iTunes, Googleplay, etc).

I run very little in terms of effects, I use maybe 2 or 3 analog pedals at most. Typical ones, delay, flanger and a line-noise suppressor. I also put a hum-block on the a/c power line also. Great for ensuring grounding while recording.

I have a non-genre specific pro-audio studio in Chuluota (using Sennheiser, AKG, Royer, Neumann) and have a couple metal bands working out of it currently, an R&B singer, a DJ and soon a reggae/salsa project. I do a bit of solo stuff and freelance out to other bands that need a fill-in for shows...if I need cash, I'll record a local folk artist, r&b singer, country kid or similar...quick setup, easy to record, etc.

That's kind of expensive for a DIY, especially when I can go to Guitar Center and get a Marshall half stack for $500.

It kinda is. Half of your tone is your right hand technique, the other half is a combo of your equipment which I have always thought of as 4 parts equal (guitar-effects-amp-speakers). I can't justify that amount of money for an item that constitutes 25% of 50% of my signature sound.

For that price, I would get a Line6 and make it sound like anything I want.

Not giving you crap, if you like it you like it, I'm just saying I wouldn't do it.

It kinda is. Half of your tone is your right hand technique, the other half is a combo of your equipment which I have always thought of as 4 parts equal (guitar-effects-amp-speakers). I can't justify that amount of money for an item that constitutes 25% of 50% of my signature sound.

For that price, I would get a Line6 and make it sound like anything I want.

Not giving you crap, if you like it you like it, I'm just saying I wouldn't do it.

Don't do it! lol. Because of being hand-wired, after about 40 hours, it will "break-in" and the tone gets even more nasty. I did not want pre-boxed sound. Also, Line 6 has nothing on a real tube-amp, especially in recording using high-end mics. Modulation is typically at 44.1 or 48 and when recording at 48 or higher, the digitization of the sound becomes apparent. I use 2-amps with 4 different mics and blend a classic solid-state in the mix for more high-end definition. I'm going to use good, AUTHENTIC tone with something made specifically for me. That is why I chose the Ceriatone. I was already familiar with them.

It's like my jeep! I could have just settled with how it came stock...still bad-ass, but no...I spent money to make it my own.

Last edited:
Don't do it! lol. Because of being hand-wired, after about 40 hours, it will "break-in" and the tone gets even more nasty. I did not want pre-boxed sound. Also, Line 6 has nothing on a real tube-amp, especially in recording using high-end mics. Modulation is typically at 44.1 or 48 and when recording at 48 or higher, the digitization of the sound becomes apparent. I use 2-amps with 4 different mics and blend a classic solid-state in the mix for more high-end definition. I'm going to use good, AUTHENTIC tone with something made specifically for me. That is why I chose the Ceriatone. I was already familiar with them.

It's like my jeep! I could have just settled with how it came stock...still bad-ass, but no...I spent money to make it my own.
Recording with a live amp is almost unnecessary these day though. There are so many digital options available pre and post production, you can just plug in a guitar straight to a computer and do everything else in there. Plenty of major releases are done this way.

I can't wait to hear it though.

Recording with a live amp is almost unnecessary these day though. There are so many digital options available pre and post production, you can just plug in a guitar straight to a computer and do everything else in there. Plenty of major releases are done this way.

I can't wait to hear it though.

You are correct if you have a home studio and not trying to record other people. I am working with pro-audio, with a 25-year veteran producer that worked with major artists. Yes, you need to use really good mics and real amps for creating good sound. We did on the album you are appearing on. Plenty of studios use real-amps, analog recording (like my Apollo Quad which is tube-based). Pro-engineers CAN tell a difference especially when working with higher sample rates. Digital amps produce a totally different sound wave...more squared as opposed to the natural analog "curve" from tubes which translates better in recording when adding layers of effects or compression.

Meshuggah refuses to use modular or digital amps for example. Lamb of God also, Down, I can list many...it is all preference. LIVE? You can use anything.

You are correct if you have a home studio and not trying to record other people. I am working with pro-audio, with a 25-year veteran producer that worked with major artists. Yes, you need to use really good mics and real amps for creating good sound. We did on the album you are appearing on. Plenty of studios use real-amps, analog recording (like my Apollo Quad which is tube-based). Pro-engineers CAN tell a difference especially when working with higher sample rates. Digital amps produce a totally different sound wave...more squared as opposed to the natural analog "curve" from tubes which translates better in recording when adding layers of effects or compression.

Meshuggah refuses to use modular or digital amps for example. Lamb of God also, Down, I can list many...it is all preference. LIVE? You can use anything.
Dude, at any level, you can use digital amps. Forget about metal music, most if not all top 40 albums in the last 5-10 years were recorded without any real amps. Some of them don't even have real instruments, period. It all came out of a keyboard. I hate it, but it's a reality of the industry, and just economics overall: how much is this going to cost me and how long is it going to take vs how much money I'm going to make out of it.

Yeah, if you have the time and the budget, you go all out but both you and I know that the average listener is stupid and dumb and won't be able to tell a difference between a Triple Rectifier, and Orange and a DOD Amp Simulator.

Regardless, just let me test it when I'm there, ok?

Dude, at any level, you can use digital amps. Forget about metal music, most if not all top 40 albums were recorded without any real amps. Some of them don't even have real instruments, period. It all came out of a keyboard. I hate it, but it's a reality of the industry, and just economics overall: how much is this going to cost me and how long is it going to take vs how much money I'm going to make out of it.

Yeah, if you have the time and the budget, you go all out but both you and I know that the average listener is stupid and dumb and won't be able to tell a difference between a Triple Rectifier, and Orange and a DOD Amp Simulator.

Regardless, just let me test it when I'm there, ok?

I am not worried about cost if music is my life and I want a pro-audio sound. If people are passive about music, or don't want to spend the money, there are good sounding alternatives. I don't dispute it. I'm doing WHAT I LEARNED from an industry veteran responsible for some of the best sounding, critically-acclaimed albums and saw the proof in the pudding. It is the reason why the album you are featured on will be an international release. If I want it to sound real? I use real amps, for real mics for real sound. Welcome to shoot our producer an email and he can explain it all to you...you have his email.

I am not worried about cost if music is my life and I want a pro-audio sound. If people are passive about music, or don't want to spend the money, there are good sounding alternatives. I don't dispute it. I'm doing WHAT I LEARNED from an industry veteran responsible for some of the best sounding, critically-acclaimed albums and saw the proof in the pudding. It is the reason why the album you are featured on will be an international release. If I want it to sound real? I use real amps, for real mics for real sound. Welcome to shoot our producer an email and he can explain it all to you...you have his email.
Dude, you're acting as if a) I'm telling you you're wrong about something and b) like I don't know what I'm talking about.

It's your amp, you like it, that's good. I think 1K for an amp I have to put together is not a good idea when there's a gazillion billion choices out there. But, once again, it's your amp and I'm glad you like it.

I've put in my share of studio time over the years, dude. And I'm not saying what you're doing or being suggested to do is wrong. I just know for a fact that there are completely 100% viable superb digital alternatives for every sound ever created on a live instrument.

Just have it ready when I get there so I can test jam it, ok?

My only amp right now is a Vox AC15C1. Nothing fancy, but I did clip the bright cap as well as swapped out the stock Chinese glass for some matched JJ Tubes in the power section as well as preamp. I also put a Mod reverb tank in it. Thinking about switching the Greenback for a Blue but not sure yet.

But in my current band I don't even use it. I go direct using a Tech 21 Fly Rig 5. That thing rocks for the price and footprint.

I've got a Line 6 Spider and for what I do it's a really good little digital combo.

I agree that live amps are going the way of the dinosaur. It used to be that digital amps were really shitty sounding and too "processed" but now they can sound really good.

The whole value of tube amps used to be the ability to crank the volume and have the sound maintain its' clarity, but with modern sound technology you can do that fairly easily now with digital kits.

Reactions: jetsaholic
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT