ADVERTISEMENT

Finished 24th in AP poll

We really do have brand recognition now. Looking at the rankings and who won/lost games it seemed almost impossible to get ranked....using logic. Polls don’t follow logic, though. They are run by humans.
UCF was top 25 in Massey composite, Sagarin, and FPI. All potential tools that a voter might use.

UCF was top 25 in Massey composite, Sagarin, and FPI. All potential tools that a voter might use.

I think those computer models liking UCF more than the record plus the Gasparilla bowl domination and the fact that all three losses were so close was the factor that pushed voters over the edge.

Reactions: Knight Strength
I think those computer models liking UCF more than the record plus the Gasparilla bowl domination and the fact that all three losses were so close was the factor that pushed voters over the edge.
Plus how we dominated in many of our wins

At the start of the bowl season we were T31....pretty sure we rose more places than anybody else. IMO FAU got the shaft, I think a lot of that was knowing Kiffin wasn’t coming back and the assumption they would fall back into the F_U syndrome they came from.

At the start of the bowl season we were T31....pretty sure we rose more places than anybody else. IMO FAU got the shaft, I think a lot of that was knowing Kiffin wasn’t coming back and the assumption they would fall back into the F_U syndrome they came from.
You think they give those votes to FAU over Texas if Kiffin stayed?

As much as you may hate to admit, credence is given to rank teams in the pre-top 25 rankings based on previous years results. This may help us next year going into August.
It’s dumb - but you’re 100% right.

having those little numbers next to your school is everything.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Growth of the QB in away games and the DL takes this number higher next season :) Can we compare DG's freshmen year with KZ's freshmen year? Probably not but I like the similarities :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT