ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Heupel Petition

Normally I'm not one for piling on the coach but that game was unacceptable on all levels. 18 penalties? Ridiculous and that's on the coach as we've been just getting worse at penalties over time. Time for him to go.
I watched A LOT of football games today and I saw a whole bunch of teams play seriously stupid football. You name it, stupid penalties, stupid missed assignments, stupid mistakes, stupid turnovers. I think the pandemic and the loss of Spring Ball across the country has effected a lot of teams prep for this fall -- including UCF.

Holy Overreaction, Batman!!!!

Heupel has a 24-5 record as UCF's head coach.

Yeah he did well taking over CSF's players and has regressed every year. If we continue with him soon we will be USF. He is outcoached. The team doesnt seem to respect him and he has no discipline.

There is simply no excuse for the false starts in the first 3 games. 4 in a row last game and now 18 today. Come on thats just sad. And dont get me started on the play calling its like Heupel has 5 plays in his whole playbook.

Yeah he did well taking over CSF's players and has regressed every year. If we continue with him soon we will be USF. He is outcoached. The team doesnt seem to respect him and he has no discipline.

There is simply no excuse for the false starts in the first 3 games. 4 in a row last game and now 18 today. Come on thats just sad. And dont get me started on the play calling its like Heupel has 5 plays in his whole playbook.
He doesn’t not have a playbook, maybe a pamphlet or just a page is what I can glean from what i am seeing. Thought last year we where holding things back as we had a true freshman quarterback, now it is apparent, we have 8 plays

He doesn’t not have a playbook, maybe a pamphlet or just a page is what I can glean from what i am seeing. Thought last year we where holding things back as we had a true freshman quarterback, now it is apparent, we have 8 plays
Truly feels like we just have 8 plays. I'm starting to think the hurry up offense is not that good for us. It worked with CSF, but Huep can't do it. We need a QB that can sit in the pocket and find the open receiver.

But I think we need to realize how much the injuries hurt us, we've lost Nixon, Grant, McRae, Anderson, Thompson, Bouderaux and also Gowan and Davis from last year. I think these loses are really hurting us.

Heupel doesn't need to go, because who else would we get? Seriously. But I think there is some writing on the wall on how his tenure is going to go, its been small dropoffs in how the team plays here and there. He should stop trying to be cool coach and actually discipline the team a bit, the penalties are out of hand.

Three turnovers and a safety in the first seven minutes of a game and they still lost by 8 points.

F you Danny White and your stupid mask & attendance policy. I saw the dumba$$ youtube video. As a result, you have discouraged fans from attending by limiting attendance and you missed having a legitimate home field advantage.
Danny White is wise to do all he can to discourage those who would want to risk infecting the campus and community. He is right: if you want to express your perceived right to breathe on others during a pandemic then do it somewhere else but not on our campus. And NO, your money does not change our mind about being infected by you and your laissez faire attitude about a deadly contagious disease. Amen DW.

Truly feels like we just have 8 plays. I'm starting to think the hurry up offense is not that good for us. It worked with CSF, but Huep can't do it. We need a QB that can sit in the pocket and find the open receiver.

But I think we need to realize how much the injuries hurt us, we've lost Nixon, Grant, McRae, Anderson, Thompson, Bouderaux and also Gowan and Davis from last year. I think these loses are really hurting us.
Good point. We have had asignificant number of impact injuries. This is the first time in the last 3 or 4 seasons that we have been bitten by a rampant injury big like this.

Reactions: Knightro20
I don't agree with firing the guy at all. one, in the current alleged play off scheme we are never getting invited. Two, our offense clicks when it does and yesterday it didn't. This entire Covid us causing issues with stress , practices and such. maybe this a solid wake up game? I am willing to give the team and coaches a break here . our entire country could use a break.

I as a business owner in North Carolina can attest some of this Covid stuff is ridiculous. i don't like the notion of shutting the entire thing down because some folks are more at risk than others from this virus or any other . if you are at risk ,then don't go out to eat, don't travel, don't go to football games and so forth. Changing our society and economy to mitigate risks for those among us who have health issues where Covid can lead to death makes no sense . empower the individual to make those decisions. we have empowered government to make that call and enforce policies which impact all of us on the behalf of the most sensitive among us. it's not the only way to beat this virus.

would I go to the game if it was 100% capacity? likely not.if it was 50% ...maybe. That's my choice here . We should define the risks clearly,the risks even using masks and such and then allowing people to decide if THEY want to take those risks. we each have our own thresholds for this virus . live your life accordingly and do no harm to others while doing it.

I will withhold judgement after the 2021 season . Remember Frost won with 50%of O'Leary recruits. That's how it goes sometimes.

Normally I'm not one for piling on the coach but that game was unacceptable on all levels. 18 penalties? Ridiculous and that's on the coach as we've been just getting worse at penalties over time. Time for him to go.

With this game, realize we were playing with a lot of young players because of injuries. That does not excuse all the penalties last game. As for firing the coach, Fans are Fanatics, and rarely should be payed attention to.

We barely did the hurry up today which is what I don't get.
Our offense is predicated on the running game. When you basically only have one RB, Anderson, and he looked gimpy, you don't run plays at lightning speed and kill him. He was so beat up we didn't even use him on the last drive of the game. We used Goode instead. We usually rotate our backs so someone fresh is out there. Our backups right now are a true freshman and RS Fr. It's actually pretty easy to get.

What happened to Heup being the mastermind at play calling. This is going down hill fast. Play calling was terrible Sat knight. Offensive line...horrible. Defensive line could put NO pressure on Tulsa's qb

Our offense is predicated on the running game. When you basically only have one RB, Anderson, and he looked gimpy, you don't run plays at lightning speed and kill him. He was so beat up we didn't even use him on the last drive of the game. We used Goode instead. We usually rotate our backs so someone fresh is out there. Our backups right now are a true freshman and RS Fr. It's actually pretty easy to get.
exactly

I love how nobody does a real comparison on this board. Our job as a program is to win yes, but perfection is not the standard. Playoff inclusion is not the standard. Look at how other programs very similar to us have done over the last 3 years, many of whom either lost or fired their coaches. . Memphis, not as good as us. Cinci: On the rise but not as good. usf: dumpster fire. ECU: Dumstper Fire: Boise State: Not as good. Houston: nowhere near potential.

I am just saying be careful what you ask for. You might just get it.

So the positive is that the team has been terrible with penalties for 5 years? Basically this year is just a little higher than status quo, which might explain why they don't correct it. It's just considered acceptable part of gameplan.

2016 - 99th in penalties
2017 - 126th
2018 - 110th
2019 - 126th
Total Penalties doesn’t take into account pace of play. If you have more plays/drives, you are going to inherently have more penalties.

Total Penalties doesn’t take into account pace of play. If you have more plays/drives, you are going to inherently have more penalties.

Which goes with the complacency, 19 penalties the week before was not a wakeup call. They made no adjustments for the next game. See what happens on the road in Memphis. You don't get the sense that the players are held accountable for penalties by the staff.

Which goes with the complacency, 19 penalties the week before was not a wakeup call. They made no adjustments for the next game. See what happens on the road in Memphis. You don't get the sense that the players are held accountable for penalties by the staff.
Except for the fact that this year looks to be an aberration from the norm.

Here's the question...this year...in this conference...with this team...this schedule...is 3-4 losses acceptable

I don't know if I think it's time yet to call for any firings but it was some of the most unimaginative play calling I have seen since George O'Leary and so far the offensive line has been very porous. Still don't know why we don't seem to be able to adapt both offensively and defensively. Adapting has been a problem of ours post Frost.

I don't know if I think it's time yet to call for any firings but it was some of the most unimaginative play calling I have seen since George O'Leary and so far the offensive line has been very porous. Still don't know why we don't seem to be able to adapt both offensively and defensively. Adapting has been a problem of ours post Frost.
Never understood where “post Frost” analysis came from. He literally had 1 year of games to base things on.

ADVERTISEMENT