ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Heupel Petition

Okay, take Frost out of the comment. Do you really think play calling in the Tulsa game was imaginative? Are you saying the offensive line wasn't porous and that you believe that CH and RS adapt well to unexpected defenses or offensives? To what do you attribute the loss?

Okay, take Frost out of the comment. Do you really think play calling in the Tulsa game was imaginative? Are you saying the offensive line wasn't porous and that you believe that CH and RS adapt well to unexpected defenses or offensives? To what do you attribute the loss?

I did see a nice wrinkle with the shovel pass play in the red zone. Bringing in Schneider to punch the ball in at the goal line also could be considered imaginative although that shouldn't have been necessary. I'm more concerned with pre-snap/mental penalties and a clear pattern of failure against the 3-3-5 setup than the actual play calls. If last season is a guide we will bounce back in response to the shock of this L. The big question is whether we can maintain the necessary level of focus on preparation and execution on a weekly basis and not revert back to these bad tendencies like happened last year a couple times leading to unnecessary close losses.

Reactions: Knight Strength
I'm saying that some of us have drank too deeply of the Black and Gold Kool-aide. We have built a brand based on success over the last three, but we are not at the level where we can expect perfection or fire a coach over a three loss season. In may ways we got lucky, now we are getting greedy. Play calling was not great, but this is a theme all over college football at the moment. Not sure how we deserve a pass. Be unhappy about the outcome, look for improvement, but stop with the fire the coach nonsense

I'm saying that some of us have drank too deeply of the Black and Gold Kool-aide. We have built a brand based on success over the last three, but we are not at the level where we can expect perfection or fire a coach over a three loss season. In may ways we got lucky, now we are getting greedy. Play calling was not great, but this is a theme all over college football at the moment. Not sure how we deserve a pass. Be unhappy about the outcome, look for improvement, but stop with the fire the coach nonsense

Heupel is not going anywhere soon. That being said DW marketing of the program is predicated on the team being in the spotlight and national stage. The money and sell outs crowds are not going to stay for a team that may not play for even a conference championship for two years in a row.

As for Heupel and staff, its a concern that the team failed to have an answer for last years loss, even after the team talks about circling this game for revenge.

Heupel is not going anywhere soon. That being said DW marketing of the program is predicated on the team being in the spotlight and national stage. The money and sell outs crowds are not going to stay for a team that may not play for even a conference championship for two years in a row.

As for Heupel and staff, its a concern that the team failed to have an answer for last years loss, even after the team talks about circling this game for revenge.
All marketing is predicated on winning and being on the national stage. He has done a masterful job of capitalizing. But even he knows it will not last forever.

The team and coaches underperformed. My guess is that we are not as good as we think we are. Certainty not as good as people think we should be

Reactions: Yaes
All marketing is predicated on winning and being on the national stage. He has done a masterful job of capitalizing. But even he knows it will not last forever.

The team and coaches underperformed. My guess is that we are not as good as we think we are. Certainty not as good as people think we should be
Nobody should be thinking much of any team after 2-3 games. It takes 4-6 games to start to see if teams are good, bad, or other. You can assume stuff on paper or by a preseason depth chart but then life happens.

For example, I've seen our neighbor to the west vault all the way up to #2 in the country, only to then lose 3 consecutive conference games and come nowhere near being at the top of the conference.

I did see a nice wrinkle with the shovel pass play in the red zone. Bringing in Schneider to punch the ball in at the goal line also could be considered imaginative although that shouldn't have been necessary. I'm more concerned with pre-snap/mental penalties and a clear pattern of failure against the 3-3-5 setup than the actual play calls. If last season is a guide we will bounce back in response to the shock of this L. The big question is whether we can maintain the necessary level of focus on preparation and execution on a weekly basis and not revert back to these bad tendencies like happened last year a couple times leading to unnecessary close losses.
Good response. Okay I'll give you the two imaginative plays you mention. I was more concerned about what became a pattern of off tackle right, off tackle left, pass and punt. The successful long bomb is great when it works but I wouldn't rely on it as our only way of getting scores. And you are right on to point out the penalty situation. There is no excuse for the number of false starts and movement penalties that the team is racking up. Those are drive killers. But it seems to me that most of this falls on coaches.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Nobody should be thinking much of any team after 2-3 games. It takes 4-6 games to start to see if teams are good, bad, or other. You can assume stuff on paper or by a preseason depth chart but then life happens.

For example, I've seen our neighbor to the west vault all the way up to #2 in the country, only to then lose 3 consecutive conference games and come nowhere near being at the top of the conference.
In a shortened season, losing 1 of first 3 games in college football is not good. Even if we win Conference there is a chance a G5 will go undefeated and we are in a shitty bowl.

Reactions: GoKnights2003

Correct, and he's cultivating a young fan base that is going to respond like some of the blue bloods fansbases that throw their hands in the air when their team is not annually in the national spotlight.

I do think we see DW leave before Heupel does.

Correct, and he's cultivating a young fan base that is going to respond like some of the blue bloods fansbases that throw their hands in the air when their team is not annually in the national spotlight.

Doubt it.

Respectfully disagree. DW is paid like an AD at a major program without the pressure of one.

If UCF were to go three seasons in a row without playing for a conference championship- DW makes a change, in my opinion.

Again because DW messed up and extended him after the first year when we had no need to..One of the stupidest decisions ever. Cool.lets keep him and be USF in 4 years.

The offense was on fire this game. Scored 49 points and it's clear we have young WRs and OLmen who can do the job in the coming years. I believe we've seen some great play from our young RBs too.

This game was lost by the defense. Young guys in the secondary got beat all day. Even Aaron Robinson was having to settle for penalties in order to defend that Memphis WR. On the Dline there is clear athleticism but there wasn't much pressure on White.

I've been critical of Heups playcalling and leadership but he had our offense humming today AND he corrected all the presnap and post whistle penalties from the last two weeks. So Heup is definitely fine by me after this one. As for the defense, theres little the coaches can do to mature our players faster than biology allows. Unfortunately, I think CJH and CRS are doing their best and this is the best the team can do right now so I'm sticking with them both.

I disagree and truely believe this team can be better...do you really think that this team would not be better under Frost

I love how nobody does a real comparison on this board. Our job as a program is to win yes, but perfection is not the standard. Playoff inclusion is not the standard. Look at how other programs very similar to us have done over the last 3 years, many of whom either lost or fired their coaches. . Memphis, not as good as us. Cinci: On the rise but not as good. usf: dumpster fire. ECU: Dumstper Fire: Boise State: Not as good. Houston: nowhere near potential.

I am just saying be careful what you ask for. You might just get it.
Seems that you were wrong my friend
We had this argument last year. At some point you have to make a move. If your not going forward your falling behind. 3 years of this is enough.

The offense was on fire this game. Scored 49 points and it's clear we have young WRs and OLmen who can do the job in the coming years. I believe we've seen some great play from our young RBs too.

This game was lost by the defense. Young guys in the secondary got beat all day. Even Aaron Robinson was having to settle for penalties in order to defend that Memphis WR. On the Dline there is clear athleticism but there wasn't much pressure on White.

I've been critical of Heups playcalling and leadership but he had our offense humming today AND he corrected all the presnap and post whistle penalties from the last two weeks. So Heup is definitely fine by me after this one. As for the defense, theres little the coaches can do to mature our players faster than biology allows. Unfortunately, I think CJH and CRS are doing their best and this is the best the team can do right now so I'm sticking with them both.
Memphis is not a defensive powerhouse. We are team with a piss poor HC and DC.

Reactions: Yaes
Y'all need to relax, you had a couple good years in the JV league now you fire coaches because your expectation of having an elite program is unhinged! Be happy with your Disney parades and mythical championships!

Y'all need to relax, you had a couple good years in the JV league now you fire coaches because your expectation of having an elite program is unhinged! Be happy with your Disney parades and mythical championships!
Who’s your team loser. Be a man and tell us
NGEbraska?

It’s not a team that’s any good, because fans of those teams don’t troll free UCF message boards, so your team must be pathetic and you’re projecting your frustration

Reactions: lawknight
☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️
The team that just barely beat a terrible Louisville team? The same team that LOST to Clemson 73-7

Do you think that you’re making the CFP?

We all saw what happened the last time. If you’re not in with the big boys, you’re in the same boat as the rest

The team that just barely beat a terrible Louisville team? The same team that LOST to Clemson 73-7

Do you think that you’re making the CFP?

We all saw what happened the last time. If you’re not in with the big boys, you’re in the same boat as the rest
YAWN!
Back to the " also playing this weekend"!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT