ADVERTISEMENT

FIRE HIM! Edit unbelievable.

This has to be one of the biggest gut punches ever in the history of Memphis football. They had this game. But you have to play the whole game. Thought they would have learned their lesson the first time. The streak lives on against Memphis. Norvell might not even be there next year. People are talking about him as a hot commodity on the coaching circuit. Not that I am wanting this discussion to take place, but how come nobody is mentioning Heup. If he delivers on the recruiting front, man we could be stacked for a few years.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
This has to be one of the biggest gut punches ever in the history of Memphis football. They had this game. But you have to play the whole game. Thought they would have learned their lesson the first time. The streak lives on against Memphis. Norvell might not even be there next year. People are talking about him as a hot commodity on the coaching circuit. Not that I am wanting this discussion to take place, but how come nobody is mentioning Heup. If he delivers on the recruiting front, man we could be stacked for a few years.

Because his buyout is absolutely massive and would make all but the richest P5's pause.

This is completely inexcusable. All season long I've seen him (Shannon) give it away instead of making the necessary adjustment in the FIRST half.
It is frustrating that in some games the defense can’t adjust till they see Shannon face to face. Why that is I’m not sure.

But to suggest that a coach of Randy Shannon’s caliber should be fired is ludicrous. It’s an over reaction on this board and it needs to stop. Why can’t we criticize vs calling for firings. No body on this staff is getting fired win or lose unless we are playing .500 football.

I’m not saying coach Shannon is the greatest DC in college football. But as human being, motivator of young men, recruiter and coach he is one of the best out there. Just remember that players see these comments. I don’t think a coach or player at UCF minds being criticized or critiqued when things aren’t going well. But I’m tired of calling for firings of one coach which seems to be Shannon when things are going right in a game.

Big time fanbases don’t call for firings when it’s team is undefeated. I consider UCF a big time fan base now and I think we need to handle ourselves accordingly.

Back to Back Champs!
25 in a row!
KZ - get well!
Go Knights and Charge on!

It is frustrating that in some games the defense can’t adjust till they see Shannon face to face. Why that is I’m not sure.

But to suggest that a coach of Randy Shannon’s caliber should be fired is ludicrous. It’s an over reaction on this board and it needs to stop. Why can’t we criticize vs calling for firings. No body on this staff is getting fired win or lose unless we are playing .500 football.

I’m not saying coach Shannon is the greatest DC in college football. But as human being, motivator of young men, recruiter and coach he is one of the best out there. Just remember that players see these comments. I don’t think a coach or player at UCF minds being criticized or critiqued when things aren’t going well. But I’m tired of calling for firings of one coach which seems to be Shannon when things are going right in a game.

Big time fanbases don’t call for firings when it’s team is undefeated. I consider UCF a big time fan base now and I think we need to handle ourselves accordingly.

Back to Back Champs!
25 in a row!
KZ - get well!
Agreed

Reactions: Yaes

Back to Back Champs!
25 in a row!
KZ - get well!
Agree. When the defense is doing what they're supposed to do, we are invincible! CRS is a great hire for us in practices, gameday, and recruiting.

Posters on this board basically called the game as being over too early. This is a "fan forum" well, fans support their team and fans of UCF should know at a score of 20-40 nothing is over.

Guys, at our halftime Brett Mcmurphy tweeted that Henderson was running all over us and said the winner of Boise State v Fresno State would be going to the NY6 game. Right now he looks real stupid and is getting roasted in the comments. Don't be Brett. We have enemies all around. We need to stay united. Fan to fan, if you can't help but to overreact, just don't post during games.

Fully agree with criticism that the defense needs to do its job in the first half. Coach/es need to help them get their minds right. No reason for the disparity in performance. Really looking forward to improvement on this. Looking forward to whatever Money Milton learns about this game.

Reactions: GoldenFunk
Every one of those long runs was because of a hook hold by their OL. This is a ref problem.

Absolutely. They could not get off their blocks. You could see the holding inside. I think the refs looked at tape at halftime and cleaned it up.

Back to Back Champs!
25 in a row!
KZ - get well!

I appreciate your thoughts, and to be honest agree on some accounts and obviously disagree on others. I respect the dialogue and understand our opinions right or wrong should contribute to making a situation better not worse. I thought a while about it but here is where I'm at.

Agree
1. Were bigtime. Shannon a great motivator of young men.
2. Defense not adjusting until they see Shannon face to face.
3. KZ get well.
4. Go KNIGHTS CHARGE ON!
5. 25 IN A ROW!
6.BACK TO BACK CHAMPS.

Disagree-
1. Kneejerk reaction.
I have watched it happen 12 times and tried to reserve judgment.
2. Bigtime fanbases dont call for firings.
Of course they do! Many times. (My only hesitation being that we are undeafeated, but one could also argue that may be in spite of him)
4. Calling for a firing vs. Critique is ludicrous.
Failing to perform consistently is justification for being fired.
5. Nobody is getting fired unless we are playing .500 football
See above #4, and I might add if you look at Shannon's performance as DC he may already be there.
6.Players look at these posts.
Don't know if they do or not so cant agree. However if they do I would hope that they understand no one here thinks Shannon is a horrible person, and win or lose were KNIGHTS.

Whatever happens if Shannon is our DC I'm still going to support him, but I hope he improves.

Either way all the best.

CHARGE ON!!!

Last edited:

Back to Back Champs!
25 in a row!
KZ - get well!
Agreed wholeheartedly. The first thing I thought when I saw this thread topic is 'and who will recruit So. Florida like Shannon does?'. Should Heup and RS have a discussion about tweaking defensive schemes, of course they should. But does RS still have value at UCF? Of course he does, and in so many ways... integrity, positive reputation, experience, knowledge, player relationships/role model, recruiting (especially So. Florida), etc. .

I would just like to suggest that we carefully consider before dropping a bomb on a good coach, when a slingshot would suffice.

Agreed wholeheartedly. The first thing I thought when I saw this thread topic is 'and who will recruit So. Florida like Shannon does?'. Should Heup and RS have a discussion about tweaking defensive schemes, of course they should. But does RS still have value at UCF? Of course he does, and in so many ways... integrity, positive reputation, experience, knowledge, player relationships/role model, recruiting (especially So. Florida), etc. .

I would just like to suggest that we carefully consider before dropping a bomb on a good coach, when a slingshot would suffice.

No doubt there are some very positive qualities. But in fairness a majority the Defense we have on the field he didn't recruit.

CHARGE ON!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT